HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   GDT: Bulls host Condors 10/12 7:15pm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1270421)

LadyStanley 10-12-2012 03:35 PM

Bulls host Condors 10/12 7:15pm

Radio (audio feed): knbr.com

TV: CHN (104)

http://www.echl.com/stats/schedule.php
Scores/stats

Berto2k 10-12-2012 08:54 PM

aww no replies here yet?

i'm looking forward to watching hockey tonight. hopefully they have actual pxp guys, and its not reliant on inhouse audio.

LadyStanley 10-12-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berto2k (Post 54948891)
aww no replies here yet?

i'm looking forward to watching hockey tonight. hopefully they have actual pxp guys, and its not reliant on inhouse audio.

My guess is it'll be the "simulcast" of radio feed.

Rusanowsky, Hahn, Kurz among those checking in from Cow Palace via Twitter.

LadyStanley 10-12-2012 09:26 PM

Brodie Brazil even tweeted his press pass (for the season).

Sigh.

SJSharksfan39 10-12-2012 09:51 PM

Do they not allow hitting in the ECHL? It seems like this game is slower than what you would see in the NHL, which I guess is not surprising. This is the first hockey game I've seen that isn't Olympics or NHL related. Might take some time to get used to.

SJSharksfan39 10-12-2012 09:59 PM

Bulls just scored. I didn't hear much of a goal horn though.

Thepainter 10-12-2012 10:05 PM

2-1 Condors

LadyStanley 10-12-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkie551 (Post 54950157)
Bulls just scored. I didn't hear much of a goal horn though.

Don't think they have the crowd miked, nor the goal horn.

The pxp's guy is really grating to my ear.

From the promo, it almost looks like their next televised game is the next home game (11/9).

sharksohnoes! 10-12-2012 10:30 PM

Bulls goal dissalowed for hitting it in above the crossbar. Looked like ******** to me on the replay

sharksohnoes! 10-12-2012 10:32 PM

Condors score on a penalty shot.

Thepainter 10-12-2012 10:33 PM

Man this game is tough to watch

Thepainter 10-12-2012 10:35 PM

Heemskerk has looked decent so far

Thepainter 10-12-2012 10:38 PM

Shots 12-24 for the Condors

The Nemesis 10-12-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkie551 (Post 54950085)
Do they not allow hitting in the ECHL? It seems like this game is slower than what you would see in the NHL, which I guess is not surprising. This is the first hockey game I've seen that isn't Olympics or NHL related. Might take some time to get used to.

different leagues are like that. I saw some AHL games a couple years ago and found them to be slow, grinding games without much skill (though that might have been a function of the team). But by the same token, I watch a lot of WHL hockey and even though it should be less skilled even than pro leagues, I really enjoy it, and find it to be a very high-intensity game.

MrCowGod15 10-12-2012 11:18 PM

Stupid cold... I was going to go to the game tonight. Don't care if the Bulls suck, I just need a hockey fix!

sharksohnoes! 10-13-2012 12:44 AM

Just got back from the game. Had a kick ass time. The crowd was pretty damn good for a first game. The energy was pretty much organic. It was a sellout, just over 8,000. There are some hiccups that need to be worked out, but overall the experience was good. Bulls made it interesting there at the end. I'll be going again tomorrow for the rematch.

Damn, just saw LS' post at the top. Awesome to see that the Sharks broadcast team was there. Btw, they had Wilson drop a ceremonial puck and he got booed pretty hard.

CJL182 10-13-2012 12:44 AM

That was certainly different, but I had a great time. It's too bad they couldn't at least tie it late. The place was pretty damn full, and the crowd was great. My new favorite player is also Tim Buttery. :laugh: Anyone else going tomorrow?

Edit: It was also weird that Doug Wilson got a fair amount of booing. I noticed sweaters/hats/jackets of many different NHL teams tonight. I saw at least 14 logos; I've never seen so many at one game.

one2gamble 10-13-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thepainter (Post 54950725)
Heemskerk has looked decent so far

I kind of gave him a meh, I think he should have stopped the first one and needs to work on his rebound control a bit.

I honestly thought it was kind of fun to watch, its not the NHL or even the AHL but it was hockey, on TV and to be honest, thats awesome.

SouthpawTRK 10-13-2012 02:00 AM

Even though the Bulls did not win tonight; still had a blast at the game.

Rude 10-13-2012 02:29 AM

Huh. It almost seemed like the Bulls played better during the preseason. They definitely weren't as scrappy during tonight's game. I thought they'd pick it up after loosing two games in overtime, but they actually seemed more restrained. Hopefully they'll bounce back tomorrow!

BTW - Did anyone see Benson? He got a big write-up for the night. But if he was on the ice at all... he was a non-factor.

Anyway, stuck around after the game and got my jersey signed by Langdon & Lawrence, which was cool. I hope they make a few players accessible after every home game!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/pi...ictureid=11343

-Rude

Oh yeah, anyone heard anything from Dudes On Hockey about their meet-up?

WTFetus 10-13-2012 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! (Post 54953001)
Btw, they had Wilson drop a ceremonial puck and he got booed pretty hard.

Why would people boo Wilson?

sharksohnoes! 10-13-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 54954063)

Maybe people think GM = owner? Maybe they were just booing the sharks in general

Kmshrkx 10-13-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 54954063)

He represents management. My son booed the loudest.

SonomaShark 10-13-2012 12:12 PM

We had a great time at the game last night!
Things they need to fix:
1. Goal horn is too quiet (They need to act like they got a pair!)
2. They need MORE parking personnel/lines/etc. It took me an hour to get from 19th Ave to the Cow Palace because they are too damn slow.
3. Beer/food are more expensive than the Shark Tank (WTF?), and they don't have any decent beers!

Probably going tonight too.

Drrocket9 10-13-2012 12:21 PM

Im sitting just below my Sharks seats in 134, and was literally pointing out to my friend how we had a 2 seat row in the corner, and people would come up and say hi every game
I was about to tell him that Doug Wilson even came up one time, before I could get the words out I caught Wilson and Wayne Thomas walking down the stair from the upper box

He said there was a very special feeling being back in the Palace. He also pointed out Tam as a player to watch. I said nothing about the lockout but just wished him well. Always willing to chat a bit, he is a good man.

Bulls started off a bit shaky but were coming on strong in the 3rd. I did think the goal was good though it was quick and we werent getting replay. I saw a few shifts where guys just didn't look like they wanted it bad enough, but we do have some talent out there. They need to cut down on the penalties, especially keeping the sticks and arms below head level on the board checks. That got them in some trouble

I think they can use the late momentum to win tonights rematch
Long road trip ahead! Lotta fun last night, very happy to have hockey back home