HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Evander Kane leaves KHL team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1270451)

viper0220 10-12-2012 04:51 PM

Evander Kane leaves KHL team

Hopefully kane picks it up. Could it be just adjusting to a different country and a different leauge.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-with-khl-club

King Woodballs 10-12-2012 05:13 PM

I could care less.
He is playing in an inferior league, and probably just wants a pay cheque.

ps241 10-12-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper0220 (Post 54943179)
Hopefully kane picks it up. Could it be just adjusting to a different country and a different leauge.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-with-khl-club

Stapler had 3 points the other night and is now in the Top 10 in scoring in the KHL proving good guys don't always finish last :sarcasm:

sully1410 10-12-2012 05:22 PM

He probably just wishes he was back in Winnipeg in his favourite place...

His apartment.

Diatidialga 10-12-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 54943497)
I could care less.
He is playing in an inferior league, and probably just wants a pay cheque.

He's making next to nothing in terms of a hockey salary

vBurmi 10-12-2012 05:38 PM

He plays such a north-south type of game and as far as I know doesn't speak Russian. That doesn't sound like the easiest transition to make - similar to how Russian players often need time to adapt their games when they go to the NHL. Good on him for staying in shape, presumably, and trying to make it work over there.

Also, I predicted Stapler would light it up over there. Easily the fastest, most skilled Jet last year but also by far the softest, smallest and least aggressive without open ice. Glad to see he's doing well.

allan5oh 10-12-2012 06:13 PM

It's hilarious how different their game are too. Kane is a straight at the net kind of guy, and Stapler is always around the perimeter. I think Stapler is just more adapt to the open ice, doesn't have to fear getting hit. He's more in tune with the KHL style hockey.

King Woodballs 10-12-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diatidialga (Post 54943777)
He's making next to nothing in terms of a hockey salary

I didnt say it was a good pay cheque :laugh:

viper0220 10-12-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vBurmi (Post 54944001)
He plays such a north-south type of game and as far as I know doesn't speak Russian. That doesn't sound like the easiest transition to make - similar to how Russian players often need time to adapt their games when they go to the NHL. Good on him for staying in shape, presumably, and trying to make it work over there.

Also, I predicted Stapler would light it up over there. Easily the fastest, most skilled Jet last year but also by far the softest, smallest and least aggressive without open ice. Glad to see he's doing well.

Do you think this will help his game?

King Woodballs 10-13-2012 10:41 AM

So Minsk fired their coach today.
I guess Kane isnt the problem

Gm0ney 10-13-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 54956987)
So Minsk fired their coach today.
I guess Kane isnt the problem

I hope Noel is paying attention... :sarcasm:

King Woodballs 10-13-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gm0ney (Post 54961999)
I hope Noel is paying attention... :sarcasm:

:laugh:
Kane was benched today too

So I guess he is part of the problem

trigger204 10-14-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 54946985)
I didnt say it was a good pay cheque :laugh:

Most players make just enough to cover their insurance. I'm sure Kanes insurance is over 50gs a month. I know some players who went over have insurance over 100gs a month. Mind blowing but true.

BigZ65 10-14-2012 05:03 PM

Sounds and looks like Kane showed up in poor shape. This is disappointing because it shows us that he would have come into training camp and used that to get into shape, whereas many other guys show up ready to go and I believe that is the expectation. Just another step to go in terms of maturity.

I don't buy the big ice difficulty. He looked pretty good in the worlds on the big ice.

Tintin's Ghost 10-14-2012 06:37 PM

Hmm, I think its becoming apparent he went over to the KHL on a mission for TNSE: to play so badly that any teams will shy away from trying to entice Jets players down the road. Burmistrov will be RFA at end of this (non-) season. The Ak Bars club, reportedly, made overtures to him in the past. Maybe they stay a country mile away in July 2013 lest they get another Kane? Seems plausible. I'm starting to think us fans owe a lot more to the quiet maturity that is Evander Kane than we initially thought. Dude is taking care of the Jets interests' in many ways!

puck stoppa 10-14-2012 08:23 PM

Who gives a flying **** about this! I haven't even been thinking about the NHL at this point cause my NFL Fantasy team is kickin butt. When Kane comes back, he will be fine, as will Pavs and Burmi, etc.

Samcanadian 10-15-2012 10:40 AM

Kane isn't doing well because Kane couldn't care less about how well he plays down there. Not only that, but being benched will probably make him suck out even more.

Guys like Stapler probably play as hard there as they do here, that's why they excel.

The KHL is not as good a league as the NHL, nor as physical. Kane could be just as effective as the Stapler if he cared as much.

Samcanadian 10-15-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puck stoppa (Post 54998247)
Who gives a flying **** about this! I haven't even been thinking about the NHL at this point cause my NFL Fantasy team is kickin butt. When Kane comes back, he will be fine, as will Pavs and Burmi, etc.

Let me guess, you had Rodgers starting last night too?

Went into Sunday night behind 124-75 but this morning am looking at a 5 point deficit of 130-125.

I've got McGahee and Mathews tonight against his Floyd and Gates.

:naughty:

JetsHomer 10-15-2012 12:43 PM

I know a lot of NHLers are only making enough to cover their insurance but I think that's more in the poor leagues like Sweden, Swiss league, Finland ect. I've heard Ovy and Kovalchuk are both clearing 8m+ over there. Kane won't make that much but he's making millions. In his first few games didn't he get like 11 shots on net?

kunabai 10-15-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High (Post 55009511)
I know a lot of NHLers are only making enough to cover their insurance but I think that's more in the poor leagues like Sweden, Swiss league, Finland ect. I've heard Ovy and Kovalchuk are both clearing 8m+ over there. Kane won't make that much but he's making millions. In his first few games didn't he get like 11 shots on net?

wrong

dinamo minsk budget is one of the lowest in the khl - something like 20 out of 26
he's making similar to those who are playing in european leagues.

dinamo next game will be held tomorrow, and at today's practice kane was in red jersey - it means he'll be playing in the 4th line - he still needs to prove that he deserves playing time, because he looked mediocre at best so far and didn't show anything at all.

and few words about the article - the guy who wrote it obviously haven't seen a shift of kane playing in the khl

garret9 10-15-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puck stoppa (Post 54998247)

OT but was below-average-Pavs ever "fine"... he was Mr. Amazing December and Mr. Terrible-everywhere-else

truck 10-15-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunabai (Post 55011453)
wrong

dinamo minsk budget is one of the lowest in the khl - something like 20 out of 26
he's making similar to those who are playing in european leagues.

dinamo next game will be held tomorrow, and at today's practice kane was in red jersey - it means he'll be playing in the 4th line - he still needs to prove that he deserves playing time, because he looked mediocre at best so far and didn't show anything at all.

and few words about the article - the guy who wrote it obviously haven't seen a shift of kane playing in the khl

I saw bits and pieces of games. He didn't look that out of sorts to me. He obviously wasn't sharp either though. Missing training camp and adjusting to the KHL game probably takes bit time.

He put 11 shots on net through the first two games, that isn't too bad. I missed the third game. He got roughed up a lot in his last game. That said, I thought he played some strong minutes despite being buried in the lineup. He had one shift where he flat out dominated the offensive boards.

I am not too worried about Kaner.

kunabai 10-15-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truck (Post 55012691)
I saw bits and pieces of games. He didn't look that out of sorts to me. He obviously wasn't sharp either though. Missing training camp and adjusting to the KHL game probably takes bit time.

He put 11 shots on net through the first two games, that isn't too bad. I missed the third game. He got roughed up a lot in his last game. That said, I thought he played some strong minutes despite being buried in the lineup. He had one shift where he flat out dominated the offensive boards.

I am not too worried about Kaner.

and still he was horrible in the defensive end, sometimes he was just skating near the blueline. against spartak he was horrible (-3 and he was really slow) and heikkila benched him.

his first game was his best so far and there weren't any improvements since.

i'm worried, because we need him to contribute right now, but it's biased point of view :)

GrandChelems 10-15-2012 04:27 PM

Who is the bleacher report and how come their columns look like they take less time to write than most of the comments written here?

Gump Hasek 10-15-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandChelems (Post 55014149)
Who is the bleacher report and how come their columns look like they take less time to write than most of the comments written here?

Bleacher Report is basically an aggregation of blogs written by fans.