HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Howard Stern (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1270631)

buckridesagain* 10-13-2012 02:18 AM

Howard Stern

Im curious to hear your opinions of the king of all media.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod 10-13-2012 02:26 AM

Don't like him. Only thing I liked about him was that show he had on E! cuz I was 13 it was the least censored nudity I could find.

SK13 10-13-2012 02:27 AM

In b4 Ix.

PanthersPens62 10-13-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK13 (Post 54953817)
In b4 Ix.

:laugh: Yeah, can't wait to read his latest rant.

As for me, I haven't listened to him since he went to satelite radio, but I was always a fan.

Francesa 10-13-2012 05:17 AM

Am surprised he still does a radio show with all the time he takes off.

The guy used to be hilarious, the OJ prank call was a great moment in radio history. Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of Howard's humor is dated now. Bababooey is so 1995.

I won't rant about how much I dislike Howard. It's pretty well known here. I'll just let legendary comedian Pat Cooper do the talking. "How can you be a judge of a talent show, if you ain't got talent?"

buckridesagain* 10-13-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixcuincle (Post 54954417)
Am surprised he still does a radio show with all the time he takes off.

The guy used to be hilarious, the OJ prank call was a great moment in radio history. Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of Howard's humor is dated now. Bababooey is so 1995.

I won't rant about how much I dislike Howard. It's pretty well known here. I'll just let legendary comedian Pat Cooper do the talking. "How can you be a judge of a talent show, if you ain't got talent?"

Please rant. I wanna know what you think.

Going Back to Cally 10-13-2012 07:32 AM

I wouldn't go as far as Ix but I hardly turn on Howard 100 anymore since its either a vacation day or AGT talk. I love Geek Time though on 101. O&A has dominated my radio and I don't see that changing.

Renbarg 10-13-2012 07:38 AM

"O&A everyday, that's what I say" - Club Soda Kenny

Howard sucks, every time I turn it on he just talks about AGT. And I can't stand Robin literally licking his ass every time she speaks. That's if by some miracle I tune in to a new show.

Francesa 10-13-2012 08:39 AM

When I discussed this earlier, people claimed "he earned those days off"

He didn't

Why don't you do live shows instead of taking weeks off at a time? People want to hear live content, not Best-of talk. I'd have a lot more respect if he'd actually do what he was paid to do.

GKJ 10-13-2012 10:16 AM

Does he still take off 12 weeks a year while only working 12 hours a week

robert terwilliger 10-13-2012 10:19 AM

not a fan.

Devilsfan92 10-13-2012 10:21 AM

Don't like him.

Howard Stern 10-13-2012 10:50 AM

Idiots

Howard Stern 10-13-2012 10:51 AM

Figures the forum that thinks George Harrison was the best Beatle thinks O&A are better than the greatest and most successful broadcaster of all-time.

WhipNash27 10-13-2012 11:22 AM

Not crazy about Howard, although I remember listening to him when he was still on FM. My oldest brother still listens to him. I like him better than O&A, but that's not saying much.

Either way, I don't see the big draw of talk radio. The only talk radio I listen to is sports and even that gets old fast when each show talks about the same topics over and over.

Ozz 10-13-2012 11:36 AM

Never listened to him, but I did like his movie. Don't care either way about his show, it could have gone off the air in 1997 and I wouldn't have known.

sabresfan129103 10-13-2012 11:52 AM

I haven't listened to him in years. Back when he was syndicated I used to listen to him while driving into school. He was alright. I think I liked him when I was in college because of his perverted brand of humor, but I have mostly outgrown that. I never liked how he always walked all over his co-hosts and none of them could do anything about it.

RJ8812 10-13-2012 12:25 PM

he needs to retire

CoRD 10-13-2012 02:32 PM

LOL @ this thread.

Howard is the king, he is now and always will be. He can take all the time off he wants and talk about whatever he wants to because guess what, HE HAS EARNED IT.

There would be no Sirius without Howard, there would be no O&A, Jason Ellis etc.

Talk about some bull****. :laugh:

Clowns.

Howard Stern 10-13-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoRD (Post 54961777)
LOL @ this thread.

Howard is the king, he is now and always will be. He can take all the time off he wants and talk about whatever he wants to because guess what, HE HAS EARNED IT.

There would be no Sirius without Howard, there would be no O&A, Jason Ellis etc.

Talk about some bull****. :laugh:

Clowns.

Wait.. wait.. someone with a brain? On HF? Someone with common sense? Someone who isn't a dirty hipster that goes against the obvious reality?

I applaud you, sir.

Norm MacDonald 10-13-2012 02:43 PM

Howard is, and always will be, King of All Media. Even if show isn't the same as it was during terrestrial radio, it blows away everything else in radio.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ixcuincle (Post 54954417)

You say you hate Howard because he's dated and irrelevant, then quote Pat Cooper in the next paragraph. Your opinion of Howard Stern is just derivative of what you know from O&A. The OJ prank call was a great moment in radio history? Bababooey is so 1995? If you really formed your opinion through actually listening to the show, you'd realize that neither of those statements make any sense.

Le Tricolore 10-13-2012 03:00 PM

I liked Howard Stern when I was 13.

I am no longer 13. He sucks.

Francesa 10-13-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald (Post 54962021)
Howard is, and always will be, King of All Media. Even if show isn't the same as it was during terrestrial radio, it blows away everything else in radio.

You say you hate Howard because he's dated and irrelevant, then quote Pat Cooper in the next paragraph. Your opinion of Howard Stern is just derivative of what you know from O&A. The OJ prank call was a great moment in radio history? Bababooey is so 1995? If you really formed your opinion through actually listening to the show, you'd realize that neither of those statements make any sense.

But Pat Cooper isn't dated or irrelevant.

You also have no clue what you are talking about, as I have heard Howard for years, and I've gotten very frustrated with how often he takes days off. I wish he would do more shows, but he seems to have given up. Poor guy!

Francesa 10-13-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKJ (Post 54956599)
Does he still take off 12 weeks a year while only working 12 hours a week

He's done this for years.

WhipNash27 10-13-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoRD (Post 54961777)

If none of those things existed, my life wouldn't be changed one bit.