HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Sens 3 Swords 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12707)

officeglen 09-19-2003 06:31 PM

Sens 3 Swords 2

See:

Senators 3, Sabres 2, OT

Quote:

Jason Spezza scored at 2:46 in overtime, lifting the Ottawa Senators over the Buffalo Sabres 3-2 Friday night in the exhibition opener for both teams.

Spezza took a feed from winger Marian Hossa and beat Sabres goalie Ryan Miller for the winner.
According to reports on other forums (for the Sens), Spezza was #1 star, Hossa #2.

The Mars Volchenkov 09-19-2003 08:10 PM

Yep, and apparently the line of Schastlivy - Spezza - Hossa was magic all night. Prusek also sounds as though he had a very good game.

Good start to the preseason. Let's hope for another win tomorrow night.

officeglen 09-20-2003 05:14 AM

Sun report at:

Playing for keeps

Part of the article:

Quote:

Spezza took a perfect feed from Marian Hossa, split the Buffalo defence and beat Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller with a backhander at 2:46 of the 4-on-4 session to send the Baby Sens' fans home happy.

"It was a nice way to end it here," said Spezza. "I just think it's great for the fans. They were good to me when I was here and it's nice to get the win. It was nice to play with Marian Hossa and Petr Schastlivy. They're both excellent players.

"Hossa just gave me the perfect pass. The one thing about Hossa is he's so powerful. The nice thing about this team is we have so many talented players and it doesn't matter who you play with. You're going to get chances."

"They're both skilled players. I thought they did a good job," said Martin. "But we're going to try a lot of different combinations. We're trying to evaluate people right now and see exactly where they fit in."

Winger Jody Hull, who scored the Senators' other goal, was impressed with what he witnessed. Spezza and Hossa caused fits for the Buffalo defence and they had plenty of other opportunities to put the puck in the net.

"You've got two pretty good players there," said Hull. "Marian has come into camp and he's going at full speed, while Jason is a guy with a ton of talent. I thought they both looked excellent."

"That's good for a first game. A nice start. He's a pretty strong player and I'm happy with the way we played together," said Hossa.

Dr.Sens(e) 09-20-2003 05:34 AM

Spezza's goal was the TSN highlight of the night and it was something to behold.

He flew down the right side, undressed the defender and then undressed Miller.

He looked smooth as butter.

bert 09-20-2003 09:20 AM

I really hope they keep that line together its so balanced skilled and game breaking. I saw the highlites last night what a goal by Spezza. Hossa's was pretty awesome too he is just flying.

SpezNc 09-20-2003 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by officeglen
See:

Senators 3, Sabres 2, OT

According to reports on other forums (for the Sens), Spezza was #1 star, Hossa #2.

Spezza is three in three against Ryan Miller...

In the AHL Miller called Spezza Cocky after he scored a goal against him... Miller wasn't happy... Later in the Season, Spezza scored his most beautiful goal of the season again against Miller...

and now, agains, Spez scored against him...

If the sabres are going to play agains Spez agains, please, don't put Miller in te net :joker:

officeglen 09-20-2003 07:24 PM

Boxscore at:

Sens 3, Buffys 2 Boxscore