HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Phx-phi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1271163)

greaterdane 10-14-2012 06:57 PM

Phx-phi
 
Flyers get a Derek Morris.

Yotes get Matt Read and a 4th.

With Phoenix dying for top 6 forwards Read would be a great fit for a while. Also works into Phoenix's budget. (I don't know if the format for this post is going to be right. First post.)

I am Canadian 10-14-2012 07:15 PM

Don't see why Philly would want quantity.

canucksPK 10-14-2012 07:45 PM

Love this deal for Philly

...
Morris is so in his prime
...

wolfgaze 10-14-2012 07:56 PM

So Matt Read for a bottom pairing D and a 4th?

Izzy 10-14-2012 07:59 PM

Not close

PALE PWNR 10-14-2012 08:00 PM

Counter proposal,

Bruno Gervais for Gormley and a 4th

All that we really need is a top pairing defensemen or a potential top pairing guy that is close.

PayItForward 10-14-2012 08:01 PM

Lol, no.

Luck 6 10-14-2012 08:07 PM

Read's worth more than a #5 defenseman, and a 4th doesn't really do much to balance it out.

LEIFey 10-14-2012 08:18 PM

I think the Flyers are fine with depth. They need a top-pairing defenseman. Otherwise, I doubt they make any deals.

stryfe604 10-14-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greaterdane (Post 54995921)
Flyers get a Derek Morris.

Yotes get Matt Read and a 4th.

With Phoenix dying for top 6 forwards Read would be a great fit for a while. Also works into Phoenix's budget. (I don't know if the format for this post is going to be right. First post.)

Welcome to HFBoards.

This trade is bad. Philly really has no need for 4-7 D. Matt Read would be in a package to get a #1 d which they need.

We shall forgive this trade since its your first try. :yo:

Sparksrus3 10-14-2012 08:22 PM

I will trade you Visnovsky for a 2nd. Lol. No no. Cry out loud

SLAPSHOT723 10-14-2012 10:04 PM

Come on guys, the Flyers would get NHL Player Derek Morris!!

rt 10-14-2012 10:19 PM

Read to Phoenix comes up a lot and in my opinion he'd be a fantastic fit for a Dave Tippett team short on scoring. That said, I can't see Phoenix parting with Yandle or OEL who are the only blueliners who would seem to make any sense for Philly. Michalek, Klesa, and Morris are excellent blueliners but not what Philly is looking for, and Rundblad and Gormley are excellent prospects, but again, not really what Philly is looking for. Me personally, I'd just as soon hang onto all of our nhl blueliners and the top end prospects, too. I'd rather bargain shop for our center, in hopes that there will be some better options after the lockout.

Giroux tha Damaja 10-14-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 55001197)
Read to Phoenix comes up a lot and in my opinion he'd be a fantastic fit for a Dave Tippett team short on scoring. That said, I can't see Phoenix parting with Yandle or OEL who are the only blueliners who would seem to make any sense for Philly. Michalek, Klesa, and Morris are excellent blueliners but not what Philly is looking for, and Rundblad and Gormley are excellent prospects, but again, not really what Philly is looking for. Me personally, I'd just as soon hang onto all of our nhl blueliners and the top end prospects, too. I'd rather bargain shop for our center, in hopes that there will be some better options after the lockout.

Read would obviously have to get added to for Yandle or OEL. I would be more inclined to trade for Yandle on the presumption that he'd be cheaper than OEL. Can you imagine a realistic package for Yandle including Read that Phoenix might say yes to?

Bryzard of Oz 10-14-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 55001197)
Rundblad and Gormley are excellent prospects, but again, not really what Philly is looking for.

Not exactly true. Philly lacks a number 1 D both now and in the future. Kimmo isn't getting any younger, Coburn, Grossmann, and Mez are established and will likely stay as good #2 - 5 guys, Schenn is a question mark in either direction, and the majority of the Flyers prospects/young guys, MAB, Gus, etc. might end up as good second pairing guys on the high end.

The same can't be said for Rundblad/Gormley. Both are top end D prospects and could wind up as a legit top pairing guy in the future. They wouldn't fit an immediate need for the Flyers like someone like Weber would have, but they would fill a big hole in the pool and give the D corps something to build around.

Something around Read for Gormley would be something I'd personally be really interested in.

rt 10-14-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja (Post 55001591)
Read would obviously have to get added to for Yandle or OEL. I would be more inclined to trade for Yandle on the presumption that he'd be cheaper than OEL. Can you imagine a realistic package for Yandle including Read that Phoenix might say yes to?

No, not really. Not without the addition of Schenn or Couturier, assuming Simmonds and Voracek are off the table.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz (Post 55001745)
Something around Read for Gormley would be something I'd personally be really interested in.

I wouldn't. Not without significant additions from Philly. Way too significant to make any sense for the Flyers.

DJN21 10-14-2012 11:37 PM

with everyone else when I say no from philly

Giroux tha Damaja 10-15-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 55001959)
No, not really. Not without the addition of Schenn or Couturier, assuming Simmonds and Voracek are off the table.

I wouldn't. Not without significant additions from Philly. Way too significant to make any sense for the Flyers.

As in both of them in addition to Read, or either of them in addition to Read?

rt 10-15-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja (Post 55003105)
As in both of them in addition to Read, or either of them in addition to Read?

Either, not both. Plus, I was assuming they wouldnt be dealt based on recent contract extensions. Carter and Richards trades not withstanding.

dookie88 10-15-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz (Post 55001745)
Something around Read for Gormley would be something I'd personally be really interested in.

I'd love Gormley.

Jack de la Hoya 10-15-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 55001959)
I wouldn't. Not without significant additions from Philly. Way too significant to make any sense for the Flyers.

Read + E. Gustafsson + 2013 3rd? (2nd?) for Gormley?

What sort of additions were you thinking for Gormley? Obviously, the Flyers can't trade a second roster player for a prospect, even one was promising as him. A 1st seems a bit like overkill. I think the deal above presents a reasonable balance of immediate and future help.

untouchable21 10-15-2012 09:57 AM

Like RT said, it would take a package of Read and one of Voracek/Simmonds to get Phoenix to seriously think about trading Yandle.

Does that make sense from a Philadelphia perspective? Probably not and justifiably so.

Likewise for Phoenix. They cannot justify trading Yandle unless they are getting 2 very good players in return because they are in no hurry to trade Yandle even though they have several talented young defensemen knocking on the door.

rt 10-15-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya (Post 55006051)
Read + E. Gustafsson + 2013 3rd? (2nd?) for Gormley?

What sort of additions were you thinking for Gormley? Obviously, the Flyers can't trade a second roster player for a prospect, even one was promising as him. A 1st seems a bit like overkill. I think the deal above presents a reasonable balance of immediate and future help.

Now you see what I mean about it not making sense for Philly. The package you offered is easy for me to turn down but it would be ridiculous to ask Philly to add anything more for a mere prospect. There is just no sensible balance here. What makes sense for Phoenix won't for Philly and what makes sense for Philly, won't for Phoenix.

Jack de la Hoya 10-15-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 55006715)
Now you see what I mean about it not making sense for Philly. The package you offered is easy for me to turn down but it would be ridiculous to ask Philly to add anything more for a mere prospect. There is just no sensible balance here. What makes sense for Phoenix won't for Philly and what makes sense for Philly, won't for Phoenix.

So what would make sense for PHX--setting aside, for the moment, the Flyers needs / limits?

rt 10-15-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya (Post 55006763)
So what would make sense for PHX--setting aside, for the moment, the Flyers needs / limits?

Well, the Coyotes had Gormley rated fifth overall in 2010 after Taylor, Tyler, RyJo and Fowler. So, I would imagine that in their minds it wouldn't be terribly out of bounds to expect one of either Schenn or Couturier, straight up. If we are talking Read as the basis of the deal, than I'm really not sure what I can come up with that won't be completely incendiary. I like Read a lot and i think he'd be a great fit. I also think he'd score less on our team, rather than more. I'd actually expect what he did as a rookie in Philly to basically be his upside in Phoenix, especially given than he's now 26 years old. I have incredibly high hopes for Gormley.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.