HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Hawks & others to play charity game @ Allstate (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1271883)

IU Hawks fan 10-16-2012 12:49 PM

Hawks & others to play charity game @ Allstate

http://blogs.suntimes.com/blackhawks..._play_in_.html

Quote:

The Blackhawks will be playing in Chicago. It just won't be at the United Center as the NHL's lockout of player persists.

Current and former Hawks will be getting together for a good cause next week. A charity game, called "Champs for Charity," is scheduled for Oct. 26 at 7:30 p.m. at Allstate Arena in Rosemont.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday at 5 p.m. on Ticketmaster.com with funds raised benefiting the Ronald McDonald House near Lurie Children's hospital in Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood.

During the charity game, the "Chicago Stars," featuring Hawks players, will face "The World," a collection of other players from around the league. Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp are among current Hawks set to play, while former teammates Brian Campbell and Adam Burish also will be involved.

As far as tickets, there will be 100 VIP tickets made available. They are $500 and include glass seats, an event jersey, and a pre-game meet-and-greet with the players from 6 to 6:45 p.m.. There also will be$60, $30, $15 and $10 tickets available.
Pretty cool. I see no reason why I won't be in attendance.

Chris Hansen 10-16-2012 12:52 PM

Well, at least the players are deciding to do a bit of good instead of continuing to sit around and whine about the lockout they are 50% responsible for. Wish I could go, have fun IU.

deytookerjaabs 10-16-2012 01:07 PM

I like it.

MurrayBannerman 10-16-2012 01:19 PM

Of all the weekends for my friend to come down and visit...

No Fun Shogun 10-16-2012 01:34 PM

Nice to see, and might try to catch it myself if time allows it.

That being said, I'm sure that it'll grind Wirtz's gears considering that the acrimony that his dad had with the Wolves folks (and I'm sure still lives on to at least somewhat of a degree even after Rocky repudiated almost all of Dollar Bill's business policies).

RedBaronIndian 10-16-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

https://twitter.com/ESPNChiHawks/sta...83533871763456

Jesse Rogers
‏@ESPNChiHawks
The genesis of the charity game was burish and his agent...obviously it would be off if they settle..too bad niemi is overseas. :)
Adam Burish is a class act.

brtriad 10-16-2012 06:45 PM

I'm in if just for Burish.

hockeydoug 10-16-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBaronIndian (Post 55036161)
Adam Burish is a class act.

I'm not going to go that far, but he does some good and I really miss his interviews. Too many of Burish comments get ignored in Dallas.

I believe Zito is still his agent, represents TT too.

I look forward to Burish's quotes before, during, and after the event.

ChiGuySez 10-16-2012 07:05 PM

Interesting to see former Hawks on that list...

Quote:

Campbell, Burish, Kris Versteeg, Dave Bolland, Troy Brouwer, Ben Eager, Andrew Ladd, Jake Dowell, James Wisniewski, John Madden, Craig Anderson

jrc494 10-16-2012 08:16 PM

It kills me how that 2010 team was broken up. It's was obviously such a tight group of guys. Not only did they have on ice chemistry, but I just have this feeling that all of them were best friends off the ice too.

UsernameWasTaken 10-16-2012 09:13 PM

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc
Patrick Kane could be added to Blackhawks' roster for Oct. 26 charity game. Organizer Adam Burish says Kane is "50-50" to go play in Europe.

brtriad 10-16-2012 09:14 PM

I bet that other fifty is Corona's left in his fridge. That stuff goes bad after a lengthy trip to Europe.

UsernameWasTaken 10-16-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrc494 (Post 55047185)
It kills me how that 2010 team was broken up. It's was obviously such a tight group of guys. Not only did they have on ice chemistry, but I just have this feeling that all of them were best friends off the ice too.

I loved that group, too - they all seemed to genuinely like each other...and b/c the team was on the upswing people weren't "stars" yet.

a few of my faves from the general time period...they're so fun! :nod:

RedBaronIndian 10-17-2012 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeydoug (Post 55044965)
I'm not going to go that far, but he does some good and I really miss his interviews. Too many of Burish comments get ignored in Dallas.

I believe Zito is still his agent, represents TT too.

I look forward to Burish's quotes before, during, and after the event.

Always loved Burish when he was here. He may have been a average hockey player but he seemed like a standup guy from what I saw on ice, and the way his team-mates spoke about him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiGuySez (Post 55045239)
Interesting to see former Hawks on that list...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrc494 (Post 55047185)

The game if it happens is going to be current/former Blackhawks vs Rest of the World. We might get to see them playing together one more time :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken (Post 55048925)
I loved that group, too - they all seemed to genuinely like each other...and b/c the team was on the upswing people weren't "stars" yet.

I really miss that team. They had fun both on-ice and off it.

Bubba88 10-17-2012 05:06 AM

still hope that Burish comes back soon

coldsteelonice84 10-17-2012 08:23 AM

Definitely going to this if I can get tickets.

ChiGuySez 10-17-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken (Post 55048925)

My fav...

ChiGuySez 10-17-2012 01:15 PM

Im sure they're also all comparing notes on how there respective teams players stand in the current lockout situation.

MagicSlap* 10-17-2012 01:18 PM

Burish learned a lot about charity from San Jose

hockeydoug 10-17-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicSlap (Post 55063143)
Burish learned a lot about charity from San Jose

Isn't that the truth.

On a side note to that. I believe Zito loves working with Wilson like most in hockey world does from what I hear. I think after Zito snagged Stuart (left one agent named Rizzo ticked off) and brought together a reasonable contract extension in a timely manner, I think Wilson rubbed Zito's back with the monster (by 4th line standards) contract offer to Burish. Niemi is a Zito client too, anyway the whole sequence of events seemed very curious to me, especially the size of the Burish contract.

Anyway, back to the charity event, is Buff going to make it or does he have a luncheon or banquet to attend elsewhere? A little late in the year to enjoy some boating for him. Who gets scratched for the match? Sounds like plenty of quality players are going to make the event. I won't be going but I imagine it will be a good time.

Blackhawkswincup 10-17-2012 06:06 PM

Nothing but NHLPA ploy to sway public opinion towards players

Disgraceful to see from Mr Toews

Hawkaholic 10-17-2012 06:08 PM

Seriously? Trashing players for making a chairty game????
Oh how the Chicago board has fallen.

hockeydoug 10-17-2012 06:31 PM

Motives for high profile charity event should always be questioned. I haven't trashed anybody for this one yet, but I wouldn't be shocked for a second if it's used for the players' PR as much or more than the charity itself. Given Toews' recent comments, I don't think we should dismiss BWC's opinion so quickly. He may be right.

IU Hawks fan 10-17-2012 07:15 PM

Man, BWC just has to find a negative in everything.

Hockey players want to play hockey and entertain people like they always do, and raise money for a good cause in the process.

TERRIBLE ****-IN PEOPLE!!!

RedBaronIndian 10-17-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 55070043)
Nothing but NHLPA ploy to sway public opinion towards players

Disgraceful to see from Mr Toews

Stop being so negative about everything.