HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Stl-Was (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1272851)

Zoidberg Jesus 10-18-2012 06:20 PM

Stl-Was

Brooks Laich for David Perron

St Louis gets an ideal center for their third line, allowing them to move Steen back to the wing where he's better suited. Washington gets a scoring winger for their second line, which they desperately need. I think they're close enough value-wise for a 1-for-1 swap - Perron's younger and is all-around better on offense, while Laich is bigger, significantly more durable, and is the better two-way player. So, thoughts?

TheJuxtaposer 10-18-2012 06:21 PM

Awful for St. Louis. They have Steen, they don't need Laich. Perron is a top-6 offensive talent, which is something the Blues sorely need.

bleedblue1223 10-18-2012 06:21 PM

Absolutely terrible for us. Can't even make a deal out of that basis.

fedfed 10-18-2012 06:28 PM

I would pass from Washington's side because of injury concerns. If I'd decide to roll the dice, it'd be on Horton or Gagne, and it'd take much lower price.

stlblues9 10-18-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus (Post 55096291)
Brooks Laich for David Perron

St Louis gets an ideal center for their third line, allowing them to move Steen back to the wing where he's better suited. Washington gets a scoring winger for their second line, which they desperately need. I think they're close enough value-wise for a 1-for-1 swap - Perron's younger and is all-around better on offense, while Laich is bigger, significantly more durable, and is the better two-way player. So, thoughts?

Pretty sure Perrons only been hurt once, since he has came back he has looked fine. I don't think durability will be a problem with him going forward.

PierreMcGuire* 10-18-2012 06:30 PM

Bad deal for the Blues, Perron is a big piece of the Blues offense, and fills a need greater than that of Laich.

bleedblue1223 10-18-2012 06:34 PM

Great, more Perron cupcake, injury prone talk. The dude has had 1 injury in his NHL career. He has since returned and has not had any other concussion symptoms after being hit either.

Zoidberg Jesus 10-18-2012 06:39 PM

Ok, I'll retract the injury comment. Could've sworn he'd had more than one. Anyway, I figured with Schwartz and Tarasenko coming Perron could be available. I didn't realize he was considered such a big part of the Blues' offense.

So, moving on... could Stewart for Laich work?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 55096319)
Awful for St. Louis. They have Steen, they don't need Laich. Perron is a top-6 offensive talent, which is something the Blues sorely need.

If I'm not mistaken, Steen's never spent any significant time at center. At least not recently. I don't think they fill the same roles.

bleedblue1223 10-18-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus (Post 55096899)
Ok, I'll retract the injury comment. Anyway, I figured with Schwartz and Tarasenko coming Perron could be available. I didn't realize he was considered such a big part of the Blues' offense.

So, moving on... could Stewart for Laich work?

Schwartz isn't ready for a top 6 role on a contending team right now, and Tarasenko would make Stewart expendable, not Perron. With McDonald retiring soon, Schwartz will directly replace him, so we really won't have any extra forwards.

Yeah, that would work for me, but I think management really likes Steen as a center, and will give the line of McDonald-Steen-Tarasenko a shot. All 3 of them play a direct game to the net with speed. They have potential to be really good together.

River City Rumble 10-18-2012 06:45 PM

Blues already have Berglund, no need.

Alklha 10-18-2012 06:49 PM

I think we'll be trying Steen at centre first. Perron was on pace for 30-30 last season, and basically our best production on offense besides McDonald. He's signed to a nice deal as well, so he won't be going anywhere.

Stewart might be available, but I think we'll want to go as we are to start the season (if it starts anytime soon anyway).

h22prelude93 10-18-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverCityRumble (Post 55097121)
Blues already have Berglund, no need.

This. Besides the fact that Perron won't be traded anytime soon...the Blues are simply not in desperate need of a centre. Particularly one that would cost almost as much as Backes. As mentioned above, Steen is expected to fill the 3rd line centre spot, and if he can't we have other options to explore first. Such as Oshie, McDonald, and possibly even Schwartz. What we do need is a first pairing left-handed defensemen.

Mrb1p 10-18-2012 10:21 PM

Perron has much more value.

Oberyn 10-18-2012 11:22 PM

Perron is one of our few offensively creative forwards, which makes him that much more valuable to us. I love Laich's hard nosed style, but with guys like Backes, Oshie, and Steen already in the lineup, I feel like we'd be better off with a creative mind like Perron's.

The Red Line 10-19-2012 12:05 AM

Perron>>>>>> Laich

Dolph Ziggler 10-19-2012 12:22 AM

Stewart for Laich is closer in value.

Oshie97 10-19-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Line (Post 55106083)
Perron>>>>>> Laich

This, Perron is a joy to watch with the puck and has started to put up decent points. We are not hurting for a center as Steen is more than capable with his two way game.

Devil Dancer 10-19-2012 01:20 AM

The only thing Laich has on Perron is versatility. This is a great deal for the Caps. Also, Laich is a much better winger than a center.

fedfed 10-19-2012 01:53 AM

Interesting how Blues fans say that Perron is waaay better than Laich just because they don't have a need.
Perron is a good second-line W and this is it. Laich is one of the best defensive forwards out there.

Mrb1p 10-19-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedfed (Post 55107737)
Interesting how Blues fans say that Perron is waaay better than Laich just because they don't have a need.
Perron is a good second-line W and this is it. Laich is one of the best defensive forwards out there.

It's not like Perron is their best offensive weapon either.

I'd also add that Perron isn't completely retarded on the defensive side.

So ya...It's not interesting.

fedfed 10-19-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrb1p (Post 55109673)
It's not like Perron is their best offensive weapon either.

I'd also add that Perron isn't completely retarded on the defensive side.

So ya...It's not interesting.

Perron is good on offense, good on defense, but he's nothing special, I think a lot like Marcus Johansson for the Caps. While Laich's D and versatility are very rare in the modern NHL.

Alklha 10-19-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedfed (Post 55109773)
Perron is good on offense, good on defense, but he's nothing special, I think a lot like Marcus Johansson for the Caps. While Laich's D and versatility are very rare in the modern NHL.

While the Blues have Backes, Oshie and Steen as versatile defensive forwards, none of whom we would move for Laich. So it isn't very rare to us.

416Leafer 10-19-2012 08:36 AM

St. Louis has a lot of solid two-way forwards. What they need is someone with high-end skill. Perron is much closer to being that guy than Laich is. Given his injury history, it's hard to predict his ceiling, so they may as well hold onto him.

fedfed 10-19-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alklha (Post 55109921)
While the Blues have Backes, Oshie and Steen as versatile defensive forwards, none of whom we would move for Laich. So it isn't very rare to us.

You wouldn't move Alexander Steen who has only played a full season once and it was a long time ago for Laich? Wow.

Multimoodia 10-19-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedfed (Post 55110839)
You wouldn't move Alexander Steen who has only played a full season once and it was a long time ago for Laich?

Under almost no circumstances would I ever trade Steen for Laich. I like Laich but not for Steen.

Or Backes.

Or Oshie.

Or Perron.

Or Berglund.

etc. etc.