HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Speculation: Power Speculation/Power Poll -Who replaces Bozak on the 1st line? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1273123)

ForSpareParts* 10-19-2012 10:43 AM

Power Speculation/Power Poll -Who replaces Bozak on the 1st line?

It's been said by reliable sources that Bozak is one of the pieces in the Luongo trade.

Who will replace him when the trade is made and the NHL starts again?

p.l.f. 10-19-2012 10:45 AM

they'll have to get someone in a trade

FishManSam 10-19-2012 10:46 AM

Phaneuf

416Leafer 10-19-2012 10:46 AM

Connolly and/or JVR. Probably Connolly to start, while they try and let JVR adjust to playing centre. If they were actually being legitimate when they said they want to turn him into a centre.

Colborne is not ready. He needs to get some confidence back. I don't know if he'll ever be a top 6 NHL forward. Using Kadri would be a disaster defensively. Lupul-Kadri-Kessel? ... Please no.

p.l.f. 10-19-2012 10:49 AM

i heard there might be a few deals in place by the leafs - not just Luongo.

hint ;)

p.l.f. 10-19-2012 10:57 AM

lupul ----- kessel
mcarthur grabovsky kulemin
steckel connolly

hey..... JVR can be our #1 center

Swervin81 10-19-2012 11:07 AM

I already said this was going to be a long lockout. Let me revise that: This is going to be a LOOOOONG lockout.

jmart21 10-19-2012 11:12 AM

Thread has power in the title. You know it's good!

caribouPINE 10-19-2012 11:13 AM

Can I see a link from a reliable source that says that?

TmlHockeyFan 10-19-2012 11:19 AM

Kadri is the best option.

Dangles McGavin 10-19-2012 11:22 AM

Deschamps.

Duke Silver 10-19-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart21 (Post 55114045)
Thread has power in the title. You know it's good!

:laugh:

I laughed.

ForSpareParts* 10-19-2012 11:29 AM

caribouPINE,

http://m.thestar.com/sports/leafs/ar...st-not-yet-cox

This is a link that only discusses speculation. As we all know the season hasn't started and the trade hasn't happened.

htpwn 10-19-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForSpareParts (Post 55114439)

Quote:

At the draft, reports indicated Vancouver asked for centre Tyler Bozak, defenceman Jake Gardiner, a first-round pick and winger Matt Frattin in exchange for the 33-year-old Luongo
:biglaugh:

indigobuffalo 10-19-2012 11:32 AM

Bozak would look really good filling that 3C hole that they made at the trade deadline.

Our 1C will NOT be Connolly, Lombardi or Grabovski.

It might be JvR. It's less likely it will be Colborne. It's even less likely it will be Kadri.

I'm liking the sound of rumours that a deal may already be in place post CBA to acquire a 1C. That sounds practical, although addressing the 1C internally is possible too. Going into this season (or next... should the lockout take all year) with a rookie at 1C (or in the case of JvR, a guy who is basically a rookie in the position) isn't ideal.

egd27 10-19-2012 11:33 AM

.Since the thread has no basis in reality.....Sidney Crosby

I Believe 10-19-2012 11:47 AM

I can definately see Grabo and Connolly being our top 2 centers if Bozak is gone. Kadri starts off playing wing.

SuperJayMann 10-19-2012 11:50 AM

If Bozak does go, I would hope it's Conny. There's no better way to inflate Connellys stats than playing him with Kessel and Lupul. Then dump the bum on deadline day for the best return possible. Decent production + last year of contract + shrinking cap = perfect rental.

indigobuffalo 10-19-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

But as the Star reported exclusively last month — a report that was dismissed by pro-union media — the majority of owners and the Bettman administration are intent on punishing teams that insisted on doing quasi-legal backsiding contracts like Luongo’s. It was no surprise, then, the owners’ proposal of earlier this week included a provision that for contracts longer than five years, every year of the contract would count against the cap even if the player didn’t play.

Morever, if a player with such a contract was traded and then retired before the contract expired, the remaining annual cap hit would revert to the team that signed the player in the first place.

So for Luongo, if the Leafs acquired him and he retired after the 2017-18 season, the Canucks would then have to swallow the $5.33 million cap hit for the final four years.

Now, nobody knows if that provision will be included in the final CBA, or whether there will even be a CBA in the near future or this season.

But if that clause were to be included, it would make a Luongo deal more attractive to the Leafs, and possibly make Burke more willing to meet Gillis’s demands.

For now, it’s all hypothetical. There is no deal or deal-in-principle, and it seems likely both teams will want to know the terms of the new CBA before a trade is possible.
I'm so happy, reading that excerpt. I hope that's true. I got roasted by people for months when I kept insisting that the NHL would hammer GMs who signed those bogus deals, and everyone kept saying the new CBA would grandfather in those BS contracts.

VINDICATION!!

7even 10-19-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htpwn
At the draft, reports indicated Vancouver asked for centre Tyler Bozak, defenceman Jake Gardiner, a first-round pick and winger Matt Frattin in exchange for the 33-year-old Luongo.

Lollll MG you so cray.

81snipe 10-19-2012 12:42 PM

Zigomanis

DirtyDion03 10-19-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

At the draft, reports indicated Vancouver asked for centre Tyler Bozak, defenceman Jake Gardiner, a first-round pick and winger Matt Frattin in exchange for the 33-year-old Luongo

WTF? Who do they think they're giving up here??

indigobuffalo 10-19-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperJayMann (Post 55114951)
If Bozak does go, I would hope it's Conny. There's no better way to inflate Connellys stats than playing him with Kessel and Lupul. Then dump the bum on deadline day for the best return possible. Decent production + last year of contract + shrinking cap = perfect rental.

I think he's got good trade value without needing to use him as a 1C since there'll be better options.

Based on that logic it would make sense to use Lombardi in the 1C role, since he's in the same boat but has a lot more to prove than Connolly.

Connolly more or less did what everyone expected of him last season, so a team trading for him doesn't need to see him playing on the top line, as no one acquiring him at the deadline will be looking for him to do that.

Connolly is good in the 2C role or 3C role, and can play on the wing.

Lombardi, given good ice-time and stellar linemates, (especially speedsters like Kessel and Lupul) could be made to look amazing, and possibly worthy of his $3.5M cap hit.

Either way those two guys have value this year as they can help teams get under the cap by year's end. (The Leafs might end up being that team... but that's not bad, either).

DirtyDion03 10-19-2012 12:48 PM

There is no way Lombardi is playing top line minutes. Period.

ULF_55 10-19-2012 12:54 PM

Well if Bozak is gone, and Kadri is moved it won't be either of them at center.

I'm just wondering if the 1st. sent along with Kadri is going to end up in the top 5 again? I don't think it will.

Kadri hasn't been contributing to the team, and with Luongo and ____ _______ in the middle I'll be pretty happy. Nice young center who had bit of an off year, but still you have to be happy with that deal.