HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Toronto Maple Leafs - Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1273259)

Leafs For Life* 10-19-2012 03:38 PM

Toronto Maple Leafs - Calgary Flames

Boumeester for Grabovski. Flames are lacking actual top 6 centers, and so are we but we also need dmen.
Not going to put a Flames roster as I would have no clue to it.

Lupul-Connolly/Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Kadri-MacArthur
Frattin-Bozak/Connolly-Kulemin
Brown-McClement-D'Amigo/Devane

Phaneuf-Boumeester
Gardiner-Gunnarson
Liles-Holzer

Deal?

PaulSedin 10-19-2012 03:51 PM

I thought the Leafs had too many D men

like Gunner, Gardiner, Franson, Phaneuf, Liles, Komisarek and prospects like Holzer and Rielly

Top 6 Spaling 10-19-2012 03:52 PM

Seems like Calgary wins big to me

nogger 10-19-2012 03:53 PM

I'd hum and haw about it for a few minutes then say ok.

blankall 10-19-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 55120357)
Boumeester for Grabovski. Flames are lacking actual top 6 centers, and so are we but we also need dmen.
Not going to put a Flames roster as I would have no clue to it.

Lupul-Connolly/Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Kadri-MacArthur
Frattin-Bozak/Connolly-Kulemin
Brown-McClement-D'Amigo/Devane

Phaneuf-Boumeester
Gardiner-Gunnarson
Liles-Holzer

Deal?

Flames pass on Grabo at 5.5 million for 5 more years. I'd rather keep JBo for 2 seasons and play Cammy at Centre. The value may be there, but Grabo is not a player that will improve the Flames at this point. The Flames already have Hudler, Cervenka, Baertschi, etc... in the lineup. Grabo brings more of the same.

If the Flames are upgrading their #2 centre position, they will want a grittier player than Grabo. They'll want somebody capable of playing the PK too.

Backlund 10-19-2012 03:57 PM

No thanks.

dubey 10-19-2012 03:58 PM

Terrible for the Leafs

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER 10-19-2012 04:07 PM

Maple Leafs say no deal.

Skobel24 10-19-2012 04:10 PM

No from the Flames. Grabo is fine, but I don't see him as an upgrade over Cammalleri. The fact that he's signed for 5 years is also a bit of a turnoff for me. Finally, losing Bouw would create a HUGE whole on the defense.

Gavy 10-19-2012 04:31 PM

Leafs pass big time

TML g u n n e R s* 10-19-2012 04:32 PM

Ya lets take a step backwards... Terrible for us

dave babych returns 10-19-2012 04:35 PM

Both teams have similar problems (ie. no number one center, poor depth down the middle overall) so I doubt trading maybe the best center on either squad for an underwhelming return is going to fly.

On the plus side, acquiring Jay Bouwmeester would free the Leafs up to trade Dion Phaneuf. :naughty:

Dylbot 10-19-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave babych returns (Post 55121571)
Both teams have similar problems (ie. no number one center, poor depth down the middle overall) so I doubt trading maybe the best center on either squad for an underwhelming return is going to fly.

On the plus side, acquiring Jay Bouwmeester would free the Leafs up to trade Dion Phaneuf. :naughty:

I can't speak for the Flames, but the bolded statement is definitely not true for the Leafs. With Grabovski, Bozak, Connelly, Lombardi, McClement and Steckel the Leafs actually have an abundance of NHL centres, just not what most would consider to be a #1 centre.

RealisticLeaf55 10-19-2012 05:01 PM

No for both teams. Bow is a need on the flames for his minute crunching and style of play. Grabo is our only consistant and solid centre. Backward step for both teams.

416Leafer 10-19-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylbot (Post 55121833)
I can't speak for the Flames, but the bolded statement is definitely not true for the Leafs. With Grabovski, Bozak, Connelly, Lombardi, McClement and Steckel the Leafs actually have an abundance of NHL centres, just not what most would consider to be a #1 centre.

Compared to top teams in the league and SC calibre teams, how do our centres compare going down the depth chart.

#1 C - no debate, we dont have one
#2 C - I would argue we dont have a C good enough to be a #2 on a SC team. Grabo whos never topped 60 points and lacks size vs guys like M. Richards, Krejci, Sharp, Malkin, Zetterberg, Getzlaf, Brind'Amour, etc. who are all the guys in the #2 spot on SC winners since the last lockout
#3 C - Again, compared to SC calibre #3 centres, McClement matches up well defensively, but guys like Stoll, Bolland, Kelly, Staal, etc brought considerably more offence. Connolly? Not nearly good enough defensively.
#4 C - Sure, we have a #4 quality C.

I wouldnt call that depth, if we dont have legitimate centres for the 1-3 positions. Just cause we have guys who play C, doesnt mean its actually good depth if barely any of them can actually fill a role properly.

Avs44 10-19-2012 05:17 PM

Yeah. I'm sure the Leafs do this. They trade from a position of great strength, center, where they have some very good prospects coming up, like the guy they drafted 5th overall last year, for a position of weakness, defense, where they have a gaping hole and no young up and coming D or top prospects.

Oh wait... this is horrible for Toronto. Taking a step back.

Crispy Crust 10-19-2012 05:48 PM

God awful for the Leafs.

Hurt 10-19-2012 05:50 PM

I don't know who started this trend but Mikhail Grabovski is our best C for a team that sports guys like Bozak, Connolly, Steckel and McClement. No, the Leafs aren't going to move Grabovski unless there's an improvement coming back.

NickRash61 10-19-2012 05:52 PM

Not a good deal for the leafs. Grabovski is a great second line center (he's actually our best center). We already traded for Calgarys best dman a few years ago too

RogerRoeper* 10-19-2012 05:54 PM

No thanks. Boumeester makes too much. And we need help at Centre more than at D.

mytor4* 10-19-2012 09:11 PM

An overpayed D-man for an over payed center.
I say the Leafs win because the overpayed player their are getting contract runs out in two yrs while the overpayed player they are giving up still has 5 yrs left on his.

Cardiac_Canes 10-19-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topdog (Post 55128793)
An overpayed D-man for an over payed center.
I say the Leafs win because the overpayed player their are getting contract runs out in two yrs while the overpayed player they are giving up still has 5 yrs left on his.

You're completely ignoring the fact that Toronto is completely happy with this so-called "overpaid" player, that trading him would leave a gaping hole in their offense and the fact that he's the better player in the deal.

But ya, Toronto totally wins simply because J-Bo's contract is shorter.

Badger25 10-19-2012 09:37 PM

You can take Conoly or Lombardi, Grabovski is to valuable to the Leafs

Milan the God* 10-19-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylbot (Post 55121833)

It's definitely true. Leafs don't have good center depth.

Grabovski is a good #2 center. That's fair.
Bozak is unproven. He's 26 years old now and has only topped 32 points once so far.
Connolly lost a step and put up ~0.5PPG last year
Lombardi is damaged goods. He missed an entire year due to a concussion then put up 18 points right after.
McClement is a good #4 guy.
Steckel isn't anything at all.

Xelstyle 10-19-2012 10:00 PM

Both sides hating the deal.

Let's stop here and try to avoid the "that player is trash, don't want him" "oh yeah? well your player is garbage etc. etc."