HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1273309)

24stanleycups* 08-04-2012 11:48 AM

Jordan Subban
 
I know that right now our strength is at D, and we need forwards but if we had the opportunity to take him next year would you be rooting for Trevor Timmins to say the words: from the bellville bulls of the Ontario hockey league.. how dissapointing would it be to see him go to Toronto or Philly, or Boston. It wasn`t really a big deal with Malcom because he`s a goalie and obviously we`ve got one of the best in the game, but Jordan may be even better than PK, and I can`t stand the thought of hearing another team say, we`ve got the best subban.

Roulin 08-04-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24stanleycups (Post 53273495)
I know that right now our strength is at D, and we need forwards but if we had the opportunity to take him next year would you be rooting for Trevor Timmins to say the words: from the bellville bulls of the Ontario hockey league.. how dissapointing would it be to see him go to Toronto or Philly, or Boston. It wasn`t really a big deal with Malcom because he`s a goalie and obviously we`ve got one of the best in the game, but Jordan may be even better than PK, and I can`t stand the thought of hearing another team say, we`ve got the best subban.


I know that right now our strength is at D, and we need forwards


That's difficult to say for certain, we'll probably be in a better place to evaluate that in 2013. IMO that doesn't really matter though. BPA - and if you believe leaning towards a certain position gives you an advantage (Carolina with forwards, Nashville with D), might as well stick to the plan. I think switching back and forth according to perceived need is a recipe for missing good players.

but Jordan may be even better than PK

Maybe, but he has a long way to go. Being better at 16 or 17 still means there are many potential setbacks and plateaus to avoid.

24stanleycups* 08-04-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roulin (Post 53273715)

I know that right now our strength is at D, and we need forwards


That's difficult to say for certain, we'll probably be in a better place to evaluate that in 2013. IMO that doesn't really matter though. BPA - and if you believe leaning towards a certain position gives you an advantage (Carolina with forwards, Nashville with D), might as well stick to the plan. I think switching back and forth according to perceived need is a recipe for missing good players.

but Jordan may be even better than PK

Maybe, but he has a long way to go. Being better at 16 or 17 still means there are many potential setbacks and plateaus to avoid.

That`s true, but when we`re comparing to players coming from the same gene pool, it`s hard to believe jordan will be anything other than a duplicate of his brother with a a little less physicality.

LyricalLyricist 08-04-2012 12:15 PM

Anywhere but Boston! Would love to draft him though. What's his projected rank? You think our 2nds can help here?

24stanleycups* 08-04-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 53273907)
Anywhere but Boston! Would love to draft him though. What's his projected rank? You think our 2nds can help here?

I`ve seen people saying he could go 15 and others around the bottom of the first round. We`d have to have a mid 1st rounder i think, which we most likely will. Although we may surprise and go for a whirl in the playoffs.

Franck 08-04-2012 12:40 PM

If he is the best player available when they're drafting next year I don't see any reason not to pick him.

Vi Nc E x13x 08-04-2012 01:15 PM

Imagine our future PP all you'll hear when listing to the radio is subban to subban back to subban he shoot he scores!

the watcher 08-04-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x (Post 53275077)
Imagine our future PP all you'll hear when listing to the radio is subban to subban back to subban he shoot he scores!

on their brother subban in boston :handclap:

Mike8 08-04-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24stanleycups (Post 53273797)
That`s true, but when we`re comparing to players coming from the same gene pool, it`s hard to believe jordan will be anything other than a duplicate of his brother with a a little less physicality.

Yup. The evidence for this is with all the other brother situations we've seen in the history of the NHL.

chuck1984 08-04-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the watcher (Post 53275289)
on their brother subban in boston :handclap:

Haha good one!

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 08-04-2012 01:46 PM

Jordan sucks.

Shutdown 08-04-2012 02:01 PM

We'll have a good shot at drafting him with all our second round picks. I don't think he'll go in the first.

LyricalLyricist 08-04-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutdown (Post 53275937)
We'll have a good shot at drafting him with all our second round picks. I don't think he'll go in the first.

Maybe he will based on family name.

SOLR 08-04-2012 02:18 PM

Jordan is a first round talent, like 80-90 others players before the year starts. Wait & see.

WestIslander 08-04-2012 02:50 PM

I would do anything (other than trade away young core players) to acquire a pick to make sure we land Jordan next June, and I would drool over this:

Subban - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Gorges - Emelin
Ellis
Thrower

WOW!!!

Check out the article below:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...K-one-day.html

calder candidate 08-04-2012 03:01 PM

Worst case Senario is that Boston draft Jordon, and PK leaving via free agency to join is brothers...

IHaveNoCreativity 08-04-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calder candidate (Post 53277305)
Worst case Senario is that Boston draft Jordon, and PK leaving via free agency to join is brothers...

That's a nightmare.

poetryinmotion 08-04-2012 03:57 PM

he's 5'9

overlords 08-04-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poetryinmotion (Post 53278631)
he's 5'9

Thanks, Hockeydb .

Montreal Typical 08-04-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 53278731)
Thanks, Hockeydb .

And www.ontariohockeyleague.com.

poetryinmotion 08-04-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 53278731)
Thanks, Hockeydb .

That's what really jumps out at me when going through his profile, he'd have to have very good potential to overcome the size disadvantage, or play like big bro. I'll reserve actual judgement until hearing how he fared at the Ivan Hlinka tournament but he's pretty small imo.

MXD 08-04-2012 04:39 PM

I've seen him play quite a bit and he kindof reminded me of a younger Xavier Ouellet. To me, he screams 2nd rounder.

MXD 08-04-2012 04:39 PM

reminded me of a younger Xavier Ouellet. To me, he screams 2nd rounder (at best).

Zaide 08-04-2012 06:21 PM

Guys, forget it. He's going to be drafted by Toronto. Boston, Montreal and Toronto will each have their own Subban.

Prust Y U MAD Bruins* 08-04-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MXD (Post 53279615)
I've seen him play quite a bit and he kindof reminded me of a younger Xavier Ouellet. To me, he screams 2nd rounder.

He's 17, he will grow 1 or 2 inch before his draft day. He'll be okay.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.