HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   What's to be done about Glennie? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1273357)

piqued 10-19-2012 07:33 PM

What's to be done about Glennie?
 
Once teams are able to trade again is it time to just cut our losses and try to get whatever we can? What could he return? A depth player that could help the team now? Mid to late round pick? Another team's problem prospect? Or does it make more sense to just stand pat and hope that he figures it out?

Brand New Stars 10-19-2012 07:49 PM

It'd be nice to know why he isn't playing. He's a top 10 pick, so you would think if the organization was smart they would at least play him some in hopes he turns things around. They let him play a game at the end of last season in the NHL, and now all of a sudden he's not good enough to play in the AHL?

hairylikebear 10-19-2012 07:54 PM

Might as well keep him. There's no way in hell he returns an NHL player in a trade.

FrailSwan 10-19-2012 08:05 PM

Would Kadri be worth it?

piqued 10-19-2012 08:12 PM

If the Stars could get Kadri for him I'm sure they'd be all over that considering their original interest in him at the draft. Don't think Toronto would do that.

He is the number 1 "problem prospect" that comes to mind though.

FrailSwan 10-19-2012 08:15 PM

Doesn't seem like he's treated well up there in Toronto.

TrillMike 10-19-2012 08:17 PM

Are we sure he's not hurt again?

FrailSwan 10-19-2012 08:18 PM

Coach Desjardins said after game 2 that he's able and willing.

Primetimey 10-19-2012 08:30 PM

Ya it is really discouraging. I don't think he will get much in return so I don't see a trade in the near future. What I really want to know is why he isn't playing. It's not like last year he was playing horrible..

MetalGodAOD 10-19-2012 09:05 PM

Something's really not making sense here in the AHL as far as why he's not playing.

piqued 10-19-2012 09:29 PM

I wonder if the ECHL is an option like it was for Besko.

FrailSwan 10-19-2012 09:32 PM

We send him to Gary Roberts for...this?

Modo 10-19-2012 10:02 PM

Looks like another banner year for our Glennie.

I don't know what it is about him, but he's incredibly difficult to like.

At this point I'd be happy with any return Joe could get for him. He's a waste of a contract in Dallas.

Satan 10-19-2012 10:08 PM

I've given up all hope on him. Hopefully we can get something for him and close this chapter

Stars99Lobo37 10-19-2012 10:38 PM

Still can't believe we took him 8th overall. Such a disappointment so far.

Mike Farkas 10-19-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piqued (Post 55129297)
I wonder if the ECHL is an option like it was for Besko.

Still on his entry-level, so he can't refuse assignment certainlu. But that's a weird move, especially after he started producing late last year...it's not like anyone is really taking his job (in Texas) which is even more strange...at least Besko, you can say, "Campbell is taking your starts, you start down here now because he's better than you..." but Glennie is losing a roster spot to that guy that got his face pounded in tonight by Bagnall, the guy that fought Bagnall after that, Petersen is playing a lot of minutes in spite of himself...I'd be surprised if he didn't get into the lineup in this stretch for Texas because of the schedule. Let's see if he takes advantage...

Karitimes 10-19-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modo (Post 55129895)
Looks like another banner year for our Glennie.

I don't know what it is about him, but he's incredibly difficult to like.

At this point I'd be happy with any return Joe could get for him. He's a waste of a contract in Dallas.

I agree, but why is that? The Stars under Joe have always seemed to be a character, hard working bunch. Glennie is the absolute opposite so it would seem unfortunately. When you look at Campbell, Oleksiak and Faksa being first round picks it kinda makes sense...they ooze character, character I don't ever see Glennie having. What could have they ever seen in him as a 18 year old on the character front?

Edit: I realize my question was more of a rant than anything, and I still hope he somehow turns out, just really tough trying to see it at this point.

TrillMike 10-20-2012 09:25 AM

Willie could just be f-ing with Glennie's head. Maybe he's trying to show Glennie that it can all be gone if he doesn't step up.

If he's just not gping to get it done for us, let's package him with a veteran.

Hull Fan 10-20-2012 01:57 PM

You can't save a bad draft pick, especially if he doesn't want to save himself. Hopefully this is a message but how many of those does he need? Maybe they want the veteranness in the lineup but don't you have to run Glennie out there basically no matter what because his skill has so much potential that sitting him pretty much says he's done in Dallas?

Unless he's being a complete drag on the ice and in the locker room he needs to play.

txomisc 10-20-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hull Fan (Post 55139613)
You can't save a bad draft pick, especially if he doesn't want to save himself. Hopefully this is a message but how many of those does he need? Maybe they want the veteranness in the lineup but don't you have to run Glennie out there basically no matter what because his skill has so much potential that sitting him pretty much says he's done in Dallas?

Unless he's being a complete drag on the ice and in the locker room he needs to play.

Yeah they need to get him in the lineup. Unless he has taken a big step backwards he is one of the better forwards on teh roster. It seems like willie wants to go with a some extra sandpaper in the lineup and less skill. All indications were that glennie was playing some pretty good two-way hockey at the end of last season.

if he is not in the lineup after last nights butt kicking then he is either in the doghouse worse than i could imagine or willie is a moron.

Captain Awesome 10-20-2012 03:54 PM

Maybe he's just lighting a fire under his ass now, getting him to want to play badly, give him some extra motivation by withholding playing time. Probably because he is a bit in the doghouse or because Willie thinks this is the best way to get something great out of him. Kind of like Kadri being called out to make sure he doesn't take a spot on the roster for granted.

txomisc 10-20-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome (Post 55141889)
Maybe he's just lighting a fire under his ass now, getting him to want to play badly, give him some extra motivation by withholding playing time. Probably because he is a bit in the doghouse or because Willie thinks this is the best way to get something great out of him. Kind of like Kadri being called out to make sure he doesn't take a spot on the roster for granted.

It seems like an odd way to start the season.

smitty10 10-20-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrailSwan (Post 55126751)
Would Kadri be worth it?

No way the Leafs would do that. Kadri is ready for the NHL. He scored at around PPG in his time down there and hasn't looked out of place in his time with the Leafs.

I doubt Glennie could fetch anymore than Filatov got in return.

Captain Awesome 10-20-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txomisc (Post 55142369)
It seems like an odd way to start the season.

It is definitely odd, and I'm just speculating because it makes little sense to me why our 8th overall player who seemed to have had a good 2nd half last year is riding the bench.

Primetimey 10-20-2012 06:41 PM

Ya that's the main thing that is bothering me, I want to know the real reason why he isn't playing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.