HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Where are all the goalies now? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=127351)

Mess 02-03-2005 12:00 AM

Where are all the goalies now?
 
With the injuries to Mikael Tellqvist and JS Aubin, the St. John's Maple Leafs have brought in goalie Matt Underhill from Mississippi of the ECHL.

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid%5B%5D=41468

Matt was a draft pick of the Calgary Flames in the 6th round or 1999.

Underhill, 25, has appeared in 23 games with the Sea Wolves posting a 13-7-3 record with three shutouts, a 2.54 goals-against average and .926 save percentage.

In 2003-04, Underhill appeared in one game with the Chicago Blackhawks in the National Hockey League, where he made 29 saves in a 4-3 overtime loss against the Edmonton Oilers on March 7.

Underhill will be available to the Maple Leafs in their next game, against the Hamilton Bulldogs at Mile One Stadium.

http://echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic.cgi?action=show_news&cat=1&id=3819

Apparently JF Racine's wife is having a baby in montreal and he went back to make sure everything is ok with that..

So it looks like the Baby Leafs are going into a couple of games against Hamilton the baby hands this week with a pair of ECHL goalies .. and the reasoning behind calling up Ford and Underhill..

BringGilmourBack 02-03-2005 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Messenger
With the injuries to Mikael Tellqvist and JS Aubin, the St. John's Maple Leafs have brought in goalie Matt Underhill from Mississippi of the ECHL.

]




How and when were they injured?

Frankie 02-03-2005 08:21 AM

yikes! this could be the turning point of the leafs season.

who starts this weekend? ford or underhill? can shedden put them both in at the same time? :lol:

Christ 02-03-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
yikes! this could be the turning point of the leafs season.

who starts this weekend? ford or underhill? can shedden put them both in at the same time? :lol:

I say we demote Belfour :joker:

Rand 02-03-2005 11:48 AM

Give Ford a trial in the AHL... I still have some lasting fondness for him.

Charge_Seven 02-03-2005 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rand
Give Ford a trial in the AHL... I still have some lasting fondness for him.

I agree, let him start. See how it goes. At the very worst, he deserves a shot.

LeafErikson* 02-03-2005 06:13 PM

Where's Racine?

Verbal Kint* 02-03-2005 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiedaeagle20
Where's Racine?

He's with his wife in Montreal while she has their child. I find it hard to believe anyone wouldn't support his decision.

It Kills Me 02-03-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Messenger
[size=2]
In 2003-04, Underhill appeared in one game with the Chicago Blackhawks in the National Hockey League, where he made 29 saves in a 4-3 overtime loss against the Edmonton Oilers on March 7.

Apparently JF Racine's wife is having a baby in montreal and he went back to make sure everything is ok with that..

Nice stats? 29 saves.

A baby, a wife? How old is he?

Verbal Kint* 02-03-2005 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittles.TML
Nice stats? 29 saves.

A baby, a wife? How old is he?

22 I believe.

LeafErikson* 02-03-2005 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master of Puppets
He's with his wife in Montreal while she has their child. I find it hard to believe anyone wouldn't support his decision.

I don't blame him, if I was having a kid I would want to be there for them to. But, he has to think of his career soon to, and take advantage of the misfortunes of Telly and Aubin.

It Kills Me 02-03-2005 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiedaeagle20
I don't blame him, if I was having a kid I would want to be there for them to. But, he has to think of his career soon to, and take advantage of the misfortunes of Telly and Aubin.

I hope that Ford does take advantage. We'd have a nice group then.

Mess 02-04-2005 02:46 AM

Underhill: a goalie hot to stop

Three shutouts so far, Wolves' goaltender is on fire
By BRANDON M. BICKERSTAFF
THE SUN HERALD


BILOXI - If one ever wondered what was behind the Mississippi Sea Wolves' recent success, look no further than between the pipes.
Goaltender Matt Underhill has played exceptionally well of late, backstopping the 19-14-3 Sea Wolves to 11 of their wins this year, against six losses and three ties, including victories in four of his last five outings and two shutouts. With three shutouts this year, he ranks second in the ECHL in the category


http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/sports/hockey/echl/mississippi_sea_wolves/10744097.htm

Leaf Army 02-04-2005 04:48 PM

JF Racine will in fact be getting the start tonight.

His fiance has still not given birth and he could leave St. John's at any time to be at her side. At that point Todd Ford would be the man, but for now it's still Racine.

Aubin is likely out for another two weeks at least. Tellqvist's concussion is starting to show some positive signs, but he's not even back on the ice yet and he'll need to practice at least a week before he gets back in a game.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.