HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   DDT: Gabriel Bourque (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1273533)

Top 6 Spaling 10-20-2012 12:17 PM

Gabriel Bourque
 
Burst on the scene as a rookie, playing steady 3rd line minutes and playing the best hockey of his short career in our series against Detroit.

What do you see his role next year being? What's his ceiling? What line-mates do you want to see him with?

Personally, I see him as a 3rd liner again this year, but in the future, I believe he will be a solid 2nd line player that does a bit of everything. Under-rated, barely heard of, but a very solid 2nd liner.

Also, I want to see a line of Hornqvist/Halischuk-Wilson-Bourque at some point

CalleJAMkrok 10-20-2012 12:49 PM

the kids got skill

QScout 10-21-2012 05:00 PM

Anyone knows why he didn't play yesterday against San Antonio ? Is he injured or whatever ?

token grinder 10-21-2012 08:32 PM

i don't think he has enough pop in his game to be a top six forward. I see him and spaling as as a good third line duo and can be for years. Maybe a guy lie beck o latta in a few years can be that third part. All guys with good grit, all guys with a little pop, and all guys with decent speed. I think we sometimes fall in love with the fresh new thing and bourque was it last year. He will be a good pain in the ass player for us for as long as he understands is role

adsfan 10-21-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicsandOil (Post 55169499)
Anyone knows why he didn't play yesterday against San Antonio ? Is he injured or whatever ?

I posted your question on the Admirals Roundtable. I saw the game on Friday against Charlotte. Bourque threw a lot of checks and received a lot. The Checkers went after him, Mueller and Blum. It was a very physical game.

Cashville 10-22-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 55137791)
Burst on the scene as a rookie, playing steady 3rd line minutes and playing the best hockey of his short career in our series against Detroit.

What do you see his role next year being? What's his ceiling? What line-mates do you want to see him with?

Personally, I see him as a 3rd liner again this year, but in the future, I believe he will be a solid 2nd line player that does a bit of everything. Under-rated, barely heard of, but a very solid 2nd liner.

Also, I want to see a line of Hornqvist/Halischuk-Wilson-Bourque at some point

I think he remains a Darren Helm-esque top-end third line player for his entire career. His role and performance is defined by speed, hustle, and tenacity and I think he is perfect for the third line. He's not bad with the puck necessarily, but I just don't see him developing hands like Erat in the next few years. I am very high on him overall, but I think he's a third liner, and to me, there is nothing wrong with that.

adsfan 10-22-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicsandOil (Post 55169499)
Anyone knows why he didn't play yesterday against San Antonio ? Is he injured or whatever ?

I heard that he was injured. No details other than he didn't go to Texas. I can tell you that Charlotte's team captain Brett Sutter slew footed him with 30 seconds left in the game. I am guessing that he was injured then because he hit the ice very hard.

Legionnaire11 10-22-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashville (Post 55185215)
I think he remains a Darren Helm-esque top-end third line player for his entire career. His role and performance is defined by speed, hustle, and tenacity and I think he is perfect for the third line. He's not bad with the puck necessarily, but I just don't see him developing hands like Erat in the next few years. I am very high on him overall, but I think he's a third liner, and to me, there is nothing wrong with that.

We didn't expect Erat to develop so well either after his first season either, and that was in comparison to a Preds team with much lower skill level. Bourque has a lot more skill than he has shown on the NHL level so far since his role currently is third line, he is expected to be more speed, hustle, forecheck guy. But his skill level is definitely there, enough to play on Canada's jr team with Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle and Brayden Schenn.

Now I'm not saying he'll be a first line stud, but definitely see him as a solid option on the second line down the road.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.