HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RW Sven Andrighetto (2013, 86th overall, Montreal) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1273675)

81 10-20-2012 07:05 PM

RW Sven Andrighetto (2013, 86th overall, Montreal)
 
He's a '93 birth date, who was drafted in the first round (eleventh) overall in the Q by the Huskies. Also played in the Swiss-B league for the GCK Lions and had 11 goals 12 assists along with 20 PIM in 36 games played. First year in the QMJHL scored 74 points in 62 games as a rookie, has 23 points in 12 games so far this season playing on the first line along with Jean-Sébastien Dea.

What do you think about him? Will he get drafted this year, if so what round? Also if you have any info or anything to say put it in this thread.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 10-20-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brody (Post 55144547)
He's a '93 birth date, who was drafted in the first round (eleventh) overall in the Q by the Huskies. Also played in the Swiss-B league for the GCK Lions and had 11 goals 12 assists along with 20 PIM in 36 games played. First year in the QMJHL scored 74 points in 62 games as a rookie, has 23 points in 12 games so far this season playing on the first line along with Jean-Sébastien Dea.

What do you think about him? Will he get drafted this year, if so what round? Also if you have any info or anything to say put it in this thread.

Speed,speed,speed. Great skater , one of the fastest in the league. He sees the ice well and is a fantastic playmaker. His passes are the part of the reason JS Dea is leading the league in points and getting tons of attention. His flaws are strength/size. He gets pushed around a bit and needs to bulk up before he makes the jump. I think he can be a later round pick (6th or 7th).

shello 10-20-2012 11:12 PM

Shocked he didn't get drafted last year

IHaveNoCreativity 10-20-2012 11:41 PM

He'll be a steal, Huskies don't have the greatest program, but the kid can play.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 10-21-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 55153395)
He'll be a steal, Huskies don't have the greatest program, but the kid can play.

They are a very well coached team however. Andre Tourigny is a well respected hockey person.

SergeConstantin74 10-21-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shello (Post 55152637)
Shocked he didn't get drafted last year

So am I.

IHaveNoCreativity 10-21-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 (Post 55158839)
They are a very well coached team however. Andre Tourigny is a well respected hockey person.

I fully agree, the guy can coach.

81 10-21-2012 11:12 PM

Which NHL player do you guys compare him to?

Also, he now has 26 points in 13 games.

muzion 11-04-2012 04:28 AM

Watched him play for the first time yesterday and came away very impressed! He's quite the dynamic player, has incredible vision, dangles like no other and scored one-on-one off a hard wrister. Very fun to watch and he backchecks hard too.

#57 11-04-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzion (Post 55508187)
Watched him play for the first time yesterday and came away very impressed! He's quite the dynamic player, has incredible vision, dangles like no other and scored one-on-one off a hard wrister. Very fun to watch and he backchecks hard too.

Gotta say I agree with this. I am baffled at how he wasn't drafted yet. That guy has top-notch offensive skills and has a rocket under his skates. The things he does at high speed with the puck is impressing.

He's a prospect to watch out for.

He's kind of ''beautiful'' to watch kinda like Nathan Beaulieu his skating and hands are so smooth that maybe that leads us ''regular'' fans to overrate him whereas NHL scouts will see something else...

IHaveNoCreativity 11-04-2012 10:32 PM

Where is he currently ranked ?

muzion 11-04-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #57 (Post 55528617)
Gotta say I agree with this. I am baffled at how he wasn't drafted yet. That guy has top-notch offensive skills and has a rocket under his skates. The things he does at high speed with the puck is impressing.

He's a prospect to watch out for.

He's kind of ''beautiful'' to watch kinda like Nathan Beaulieu his skating and hands are so smooth that maybe that leads us ''regular'' fans to overrate him whereas NHL scouts will see something else...

Aside from 3 horrible passes he made from trying to do too much I was shocked at how good he is. Usually undrafted players dominate because they're physically stronger, but with him it's all speed and skill. He was flying all over the ice, I was getting dizzy watching him, as you said he has a rocket under his skates. :laugh:

Whoever drafts him is getting a gem.

#57 11-05-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 55531091)
Where is he currently ranked ?

You mean for the NHL draft? He isn't ranked really because he's a 19 years old and has been passed over in two NHL drafts... it's tough for overragers to get drafted. But Andrew O'Brien, Tomas Hyka and Alexandre Mallet were all drafted last year

I'm sure he will get a couple of contract offers next summer if he doesnt get drafted

Loffer 11-05-2012 10:39 AM

Should be top10 draft....

bsmith14 11-05-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffer (Post 55537951)
Should be top10 draft....

He will be lucky to be top 100, read the post above

MB94 12-11-2012 10:36 AM

50 points in 28 games now for the Huskies. And he has made the Swiss WJC U20 again this year.

Surprises me he hasnt been drafted

bsmith14 12-11-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB Stars (Post 56448303)
50 points in 28 games now for the Huskies. And he has made the Swiss WJC U20 again this year.

Surprises me he hasnt been drafted

I have not seen him play....so I don't know but here would be my guesses..

1. Great stats, but he is 19. Many players put up excellent stats at 19.
2. He is small. Smaller skilled players with high offensive output are a dime a dozen.

Slashers98 12-11-2012 01:42 PM

The Next Undrafted Gem? Sven Andrighetto
http://thehockeywriters.com/the-next...n-andrighetto/

Money Baer 12-11-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loffer (Post 55537951)
Should be top10 draft....

:help:

Maybe a 5th - 7th rounder....

#57 12-11-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith14 (Post 56449895)
I have not seen him play....so I don't know but here would be my guesses..

1. Great stats, but he is 19. Many players put up excellent stats at 19.
2. He is small. Smaller skilled players with high offensive output are a dime a dozen.

He isn't that small but obviously he is not known to really grind it out in the corners or crash the net hard... he is a perimeter player but a damn good one... extreme top-end speed, great acceleration and sick stickhandling skills.

He is 19 yes but last year he was 18 and a rookie in the Q and still put up more than a point per game

He's on pace for more than 100 points right now

81 12-22-2012 12:18 AM

Just an update, 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games for Switzerland this year.

flamebird 01-02-2013 11:37 AM

Kid looked great today against the Russians. Quite surprised nobody gambled on him yet

bsmith14 01-02-2013 11:49 AM

Today was the first time I have watched him closely and I liked what I saw. Skill is evident, and he is very fast. I thought he could have driven to the net a bit more but he was up against a tough russian team. I think someone takes him in the 4th-5th rounds this year.

Orange Thunder 01-02-2013 12:22 PM

Wouldn't mind if Ottawa picked this guy up

muzion 01-02-2013 07:04 PM

Gord Miller must have said his name a 100 times in that game, and that's no coincidence


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.