HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Soccer (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Russian Premier League (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1273763)

Avangard Barys 10-20-2012 11:29 PM

Russian Premier League
 
Anzhi currently on top with 29 pts from 12 games and a dramatic 2-1 win today in Makhachkala over Spartak Moscow on a 90+4' OG by Spartak defender Juan Insaurralde.

CSKA is 2nd with 24 from 11 and play Rubin Kazan in Matchday 12 while Zenit also has 24 from 12 after beating Kuban Krasnodar 1-0 on a Kerzhakov penalty.

Current table:

1. Anzhi 12-29
2. CSKA 11-24
3. Zenit 12-24
4. Terek 11-22
5. Lokomotiv 11-20
6. Spartak 12-19
7. Kuban 12-19
8. Rubin 11-18
9. Krasnodar 12-15
10. Amkar 11-15
11. Krylya 11-13
12. Alania 12-10
13. Dinamo 11-9
14. Rostov 11-9
15. Mordovia 11-8
16. Volga 11-4

Avangard Barys 10-21-2012 01:40 PM

Alexander Kokorin scores 2 goals today for Dinamo Moscow in win over Mordovia Saransk.


vsk92 10-21-2012 01:57 PM

Roman Eremenko has been one of the best players this season :handclap:

Avangard Barys 10-21-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsk92 (Post 55163829)
Roman Eremenko has been one of the best players this season :handclap:

It's been a tough season + inside the RPL for Rubin Kazan but Eremenko scored the goal that won them the Russian Cup which turned into a Russian Super Cup title for them as well. Very class player.

HajdukSplit 10-21-2012 03:30 PM

the league is generally competitive, especially the top 6-7 sides but the Russian sides have been struggling in Europe this season.

Mixed results for Bilic so far at Lokomotiv, but if he gets them to the Europa League spots that should be good enough for him to stay next season

cgf 10-23-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HajdukSplit (Post 55166875)
the league is generally competitive, especially the top 6-7 sides but the Russian sides have been struggling in Europe this season.

Mixed results for Bilic so far at Lokomotiv, but if he gets them to the Europa League spots that should be good enough for him to stay next season

Yeah, Anzhi's really the only team who haven't had a lot going wrong for them to start. Spartak's had a bunch of injuries, CZKA have gotten killed up front and by the Dzagoev suspension, and Zenit has the whole Hulk mutiny to recover from.

Alklha 10-23-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgf (Post 55214001)
Yeah, Anzhi's really the only team who haven't had a lot going wrong for them to start. Spartak's had a bunch of injuries, CZKA have gotten killed up front and by the Dzagoev suspension, and Zenit has the whole Hulk mutiny to recover from.

Tough situation for Zenit to recover from when it comes to the mutiny. The Russians within the squad have the sense of entitlement that is going to hold the club back unless they crush it early. The problem is they have continually given in to the wishes of the players over recent years.

They have won a couple of games in a row now, so maybe it is starting to be behind them. Personally, I think they let Denisov too lightly and the issues are going to persist, and if you want ongoing success you can not have that type of attitude within your squad (Anyukov & Kerzhakov included).

Avangard Barys 10-23-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alklha (Post 55215945)
Tough situation for Zenit to recover from when it comes to the mutiny. The Russians within the squad have the sense of entitlement that is going to hold the club back unless they crush it early. The problem is they have continually given in to the wishes of the players over recent years.

They have won a couple of games in a row now, so maybe it is starting to be behind them. Personally, I think they let Denisov too lightly and the issues are going to persist, and if you want ongoing success you can not have that type of attitude within your squad (Anyukov & Kerzhakov included).

Russian squads are required to field at least 5 Russians in a starting XI side in the RPL, that's why guys like Denisov and Kerzhakov have some leverage and can't easily be squashed.

Avangard Barys 10-23-2012 12:26 PM

Anzhi's Lassana Diarra is out for over a month with a partial ligament tear in his left knee.

Alklha 10-23-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khlman (Post 55216265)
Russian squads are required to field at least 5 Russians in a starting XI side in the RPL, that's why guys like Denisov and Kerzhakov have some leverage and can't easily be squashed.

I know of the rule, but that only gives the players leverage if they believe that you have no other options to fulfil that quota.

It needs pointed out that to build an excellent team, you do not need 11 excellent players. You need a good team unit with a mix of very solid, dependable players and then have your star players. Having entitled idiots in your squad destroys the chance of a good team unit.

If Zenit have any sense, Denisov (at least) will be gone in January. More than half the squad will be happy to see the back of him anyway.

Avangard Barys 10-23-2012 01:05 PM

I agree Denisov can go, just keep Witsel in Denisov's spot and put Semak back into the lineup whenever Shirokov or Fayzulin need a rest.

Avangard Barys 10-23-2012 01:10 PM

Also, Anyukov can go for all I care because he is terrible and his role can be filled by Yanbayev. Kerzhakov really isn't replacable though. Kannunikov is not ready.

vsk92 11-22-2012 07:51 AM

Artur Petrosyan ‏@arturpetrosyan
#Zenit shareholders are believed to discuss club's withdrawal from the PL after they were awarded 0-3 defeat to #Dinamo.

:eek:

http://www.espnstar.com/football/new...medium=twitter

Alklha 11-22-2012 09:22 AM

They aren't going to leave, just try and kick up enough **** that the decision might be looked at again. The idea of going to play in the Czech league is hilarious.

As for the decision, the only aspect I disagree with is that the fine was nowhere near large enough.

Schalkenullvier* 11-22-2012 12:49 PM

how has jurado been for spartak?

cgf 11-22-2012 05:04 PM

I've liked what I've seen, he's still got great touch on the ball and makes some pretty passes, he doesn't stand out as much as you'd like and I think both Holtby and Draxler are more impressive at the ten, but he's doing pretty well considering how injury ravaged Spartak have been.

vsk92 11-25-2012 11:08 AM

Unai Emery was sacked as Spartak Moscow coach following a 5-1 home defeat by rivals Dynamo.

"The club's shareholders made a decision that Unai Emery will no longer coach Spartak," Spartak director general Valery Karpin said after the match, adding that a decision on a new coach will be made in the next few days.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.