HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Canadiens - Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1273867)

Clipitar 10-21-2012 12:09 PM

Canadiens - Devils

Volchenkov for Kaberle + ?

I'm curious to explore what the + would have to be for a Kaberle-Volchenkov swap to go through.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see the Devils being particularly strong in PP QB's and puck movement from the back-end. I think Kaberle is a better "pure" playmaker than Zidlicky on the PP and could potentially feed deadly Kovalchuk one-timers. Also, the Devils already have a decent plethora of defensemen that can play the PK and fill somewhat of a shutdown role.

Both D's are slightly (not immensely) overpaid for what they bring, but I think they could fill one of each involved team's weaknesses. Having said that, I know Volchenkov has more value (and definitely more swag than HF overly misloved Kaberle), so I'm wondering which additional asset(s) might get this deal done from the eyes of knowledgeable Devils fans.

Frozenice 10-21-2012 01:00 PM

As a Hab fan I approve of this thread. I'd also be willing to add from the Montreal side.:handclap:

Rob Nieds work ethic 10-21-2012 01:14 PM

No way. We need top-6 forwards.

JerseyGuy276 10-21-2012 01:16 PM

No...we don't need more defenseman and if we did, Kaberle is not what we'd want or go after.

gooilgo 10-21-2012 02:15 PM

Maybe I am wrong here but I see no reason why New Jersey would have any interest in Kaberle especially at the cost of Volchenkov.

In fact I see no reason why anyone would have interest in Kaberle. ;)

Classic Devil 10-21-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clipitar (Post 55160771)
Volchenkov for Kaberle + ?

I'm curious to explore what the + would have to be for a Kaberle-Volchenkov swap to go through.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see the Devils being particularly strong in PP QB's and puck movement from the back-end. I think Kaberle is a better "pure" playmaker than Zidlicky on the PP and could potentially feed deadly Kovalchuk one-timers. Also, the Devils already have a decent plethora of defensemen that can play the PK and fill somewhat of a shutdown role.

Both D's are slightly (not immensely) overpaid for what they bring, but I think they could fill one of each involved team's weaknesses. Having said that, I know Volchenkov has more value (and definitely more swag than HF overly misloved Kaberle), so I'm wondering which additional asset(s) might get this deal done from the eyes of knowledgeable Devils fans.

No thanks.

Zippy316 10-21-2012 02:38 PM

Devils don't need another defender.

If they are trading Volchenkov, it would be for top-six help. Don't want Kaberle either, there's no reason for the Devils to do this. Larsson/Zidlicky on the PP are fine for now, if one gets injured, Harrold can effectively do the job. Besides that, Greene and Tallinder are good all-around defenders even if we don't really have another guy like Zidlicky.

If you want Volchenkov, a forward is coming the other way (no not Gomez).

Halpysback 10-21-2012 02:58 PM

Volchenkov for Bourque seems fair.

danyhabsfan 10-21-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 55165731)

As much as I dont like Bourque. We need to keep him.

We have a lot of defenseman and not a lot of top 6 wingers.

Gorges Subban
Markov Emelin
Kaberle Bouillon
Diaz Weber

Saugus 10-21-2012 03:31 PM

The Devils do not need defencemen, and puckmoving isn't really a weakness. The Devils need a top 6 forward, preferably a RW.

Plus Kaberle has fallen so far off his game that I'm not sure if adding him would even make the Devils' puckmoving better.

Oroku Saki* 10-21-2012 04:00 PM

I don't see why either team does this. Devils have enough defenseman and the Habs have Emelin who is a younger Volchenkov.

Clipitar 10-21-2012 05:27 PM

Clearly, Devils fans don't consider they have any need for more high quality puck movement and offense from the back-end. My bad, I thought otherwise.

However, this thread so far confirms HF's misconception of Kaberle's game, who still is a very serviceable PMD, at least in my opinion. He's soft and very average defensively, but his offensive game is about as underrated as McDonagh's defensive game and Ekman-Larsson's two-way play are overrated around here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 (Post 55167811)
I don't see why either team does this. Devils have enough defenseman and the Habs have Emelin who is a younger Volchenkov.

Emelin is a great open-ice hitter and fluid skater but he doesn't offer anything even remotely close to Volchenkov's defensive awareness.

Devils Trap 10-21-2012 05:33 PM

No way, why would we need Kaberle ??? We dont

We need Fwds

Zippy316 10-21-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clipitar (Post 55170275)
Clearly, Devils fans don't consider they have any need for more high quality puck movement and offense from the back-end. My bad, I thought otherwise.

However, this thread so far confirms HF's misconception of Kaberle's game, who still is a very serviceable PMD, at least in my opinion. He's soft and very average defensively, but his offensive game is about as underrated as McDonagh's defensive game and Ekman-Larsson's two-way play are overrated around here.

Emelin is a great open-ice hitter and fluid skater but he doesn't offer anything even remotely close to Volchenkov's defensive awareness.

Kaberle's isn't an upgrade over Zidlicky or Larsson. The Devils also have Harrold who is their poor mans Kaberle, but he also plays some pretty solid defense.

JerseyGuy276 10-21-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

I think I'll take Zidlicky over Kaberle thanks because in my opinion (and most Devils fans), yours is wrong :) and the drop off, if there is any, between Zidlicky and Kaberle offensively isn't enough to overshadow his defensive liabilities.

And we don't need a defenseman so he's a non-starter no matter what...

RANDOMH3RO 10-21-2012 06:23 PM

If we were to receive a dman for Volch, I'd want Emelin. What we really need is forwards and I like Eller, Bourque, or Plekanec ( that last one is a pipe dream)

MJMazzarone 10-21-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 55165731)

Would you suggest this straight up or would you think more needs to be added? (Such as a prospect player, second/third round pick...etc)

mytor4* 10-21-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooilgo (Post 55164377)
Maybe I am wrong here but I see no reason why New Jersey would have any interest in Kaberle especially at the cost of Volchenkov.

In fact I see no reason why anyone would have interest in Kaberle. ;)

Funny thing is he'd be the Oilers best offensive D-man by far.:laugh:

Rpro 10-21-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topdog (Post 55173375)

You think Kaberle? Tomas Kaberle??? would be the best Oilers Offensive Dman....BY FAR?

Ok there :laugh:

AfroThunder396 10-21-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

I think we did alright this year.

Shinsuke Nakamura 10-21-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

No, he really wouldn't. Ryan Whitney's better than he is.

elias026 10-21-2012 07:19 PM

I would not touch Kaberle or Bourque unless Subban was coming with one. Im not saying MTL would do this Im saying I dont want anything to do with Bourque and or Kaberle

mytor4* 10-21-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpro (Post 55173573)
You think Kaberle? Tomas Kaberle??? would be the best Oilers Offensive Dman....BY FAR?

Ok there :laugh:

Jeff Petry, D 73 GP 2 G 23 A 25 TP

Corey Potter, D 62 GP 4 G 17 A 21 TP

Ryan Whitney D 51 GP 3 G 17 A 20 TP

Kaberle while playing on the Habs last season

Kaberle 43 GP 3G 19 A 22 TP

Ya he would :laugh:
I understand the Devils not wanting or needing Kabs but if an NHL ready prospect like L.LeBlanc was added would it be of any interrest?

Zippy316 10-21-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topdog (Post 55174237)
Jeff Petry, D 73 GP 2 G 23 A 25 TP

Corey Potter, D 62 GP 4 G 17 A 21 TP

Ryan Whitney D 51 GP 3 G 17 A 20 TP

Kaberle while playing on the Habs last season

Kaberle 43 GP 3G 19 A 22 TP

Ya he would :laugh:
I understand the Devils not wanting or needing Kabs but if an NHL ready prospect like L.LeBlanc was added would it be of any interrest?

Habs would have to add too much to justify Devils adding Kabele. Kaberle has no value to them, the Habs are probably better off omitting him in a deal if they really want Volchenkov.

MJMazzarone 10-21-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

To put it bluntly? Kaberle turned to poop after he left Toronto.