HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   All-Time Wings Olympic teams (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1274063)

pdd 10-21-2012 11:10 PM

All-Time Wings Olympic teams
 
So I put together some Olympic rosters for the "Big Six" from the Wings' All-Time roster... here's how it shook out.

CANADA
Ted Lindsay/Sid Abel/Gordie Howe
Syd Howe/Steve Yzerman/Marcel Dionne
Norm Ullman/Alex Delvecchio/Brendan Shanahan
Gerard Gallant/Keith Primeau/Bob Probert
Marty Barry
Ray Sheppard

Red Kelly/Marcel Pronovost
Jack Stewart/Ebbie Goodfellow
Paul Coffey/Bill Quackenbush
Steve Chiasson

Terry Sawchuk
Chris Osgood

---------------------------------

USA
Doug Roberts/Jimmy Carson/Brett Hull
Drew Miller/Mike Modano/Kevin Miller
Justin Abdelkader/Carl Voss/Doug Brown
Pete Babando/Henry Boucha/Jim Cummins
Mark Mowers
Chris Conner

Mathieu Schneider/Chris Chelios
Mark Howe/Brian Rafalski
Rick Zombo/Reed Larson
Lee Norwood

Jimmy Howard
Ty Conklin

-----------------------------------------

RUSSIA
Slava Kozlov/Igor Larionov/Sergei Fedorov
Yuri Butsayev/Pavel Datsyuk

Slava Fetisov/Vladimir Konstantinov
Yan Golubovsky/Danny Markov
Dmitri Bykov/Dmitri Mironov
Sergei Bautin/Maxim Kuznetsov


--------------------------------------

SWEDEN
Tomas Holmstrom/Henrik Zetterberg/Mikael Samuelsson
Johan Franzen/Gustav Nyquist/Johan Garpenlov
Dan Labraaten/Mattias Ritola/Fabian Brunnstrom
Tord Lundstrom/Joakim Andersson

Nicklas Lidstrom/Fredrik Olausson
Niklas Kronwall/Andreas Lilja
Anders Eriksson/Jonathan Ericsson
Borje Salming
Ulf Samuelsson
Thommie Bergman
Per Djoos

--------------------------------------

FINLAND
Valtteri Filppula/Ville Leino

--------------------------------------

CZECH REPUBLIC
Petr Klima/Robert Lang/Jiri Hudler
Miroslav Frycer/Ladislav Kohn/Vaclav Nedomansky

Jakub Kindl/Jiri Fischer
Milan Chalupa/Jiri Slegr

Dominik Hasek

nik jr 10-23-2012 01:31 AM

problem is not enough non-swedish europeans.

we could combine russians, finns, cechs and slovaks to make a great team.



kozlov - fyodorov - hossa
larionov - datsyuk - nedomansky
filppula - lang - hudler
klima - kopecky - cernik

fetisov - konstantinov
slegr - markov
mironov - salei

hasek




at first i wanted to put yzerman with howe and lindsay, but i think you have a good idea to put yzerman and dionne together. but if dionne can play for DRW, i would also put frank mahovlich on this team.

i would put ullman at C and delvecchio at LW. delvecchio was an all star at both C and LW, but i don't know if ullman ever played W.

Peter Tosh 10-23-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva unit zero (Post 55179983)
Gerard Gallant/Keith Primeau/Bob Probert
Marty Barry
Ray Sheppard

Barry on the bench with Primeau playing? ;)

Henkka 10-23-2012 04:13 AM

Team Europe vs. Team NA

Both of those are awesome.

Team Europe:

Kozlov - Fedorov - Larionov
Holmström - Datsyuk - Franzen
Filppula - Zetterberg - Samuelsson
Klima - Lang - Hudler

Lidström - Olausson
Fetisov - Konstantinov
Kronwall - D.Markov

Hasek
Mrazek ;)

Team NA:

Probert - Yzerman - Kocur ;)
Shanahan - Primeau - Hull
Sheppard - Modano/Carson - Ciccarelli
Maltby - Draper - McCarty

Coffey - Chelios
Schneider - Rafalski
M.Howe - Rouse

Vernon
Ozzie

pdd 10-23-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik jr (Post 55209163)
problem is not enough non-swedish europeans.

we could combine russians, finns, cechs and slovaks to make a great team.



kozlov - fyodorov - hossa
larionov - datsyuk - nedomansky
filppula - lang - hudler
klima - kopecky - cernik

fetisov - konstantinov
slegr - markov
mironov - salei

hasek




at first i wanted to put yzerman with howe and lindsay, but i think you have a good idea to put yzerman and dionne together. but if dionne can play for DRW, i would also put frank mahovlich on this team.

i would put ullman at C and delvecchio at LW. delvecchio was an all star at both C and LW, but i don't know if ullman ever played W.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Tosh (Post 55209871)
Barry on the bench with Primeau playing? ;)

My original lineup looked more like this:

Lindsay/Abel/Howe
Howe/Yzerman/Dionne
Primeau/Delvecchio/Shanahan
Ullman/Barry/Aurie
Gallant
Ogrodnick

I decided to make a punishing fourth line as you see in the post. Aurie and Ogrodnick were swapped out for Probert and Sheppard; Ogrodnick had one huge year, but Sheppard was really the better player and scorer. Sheppard and Aurie serve a very similar role, and putting a scorer on the fourth line isn't exactly a priority. Plus... Probert!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkka (Post 55210047)
Team Europe vs. Team NA

Both of those are awesome.

Team Europe:

Kozlov - Fedorov - Larionov
Holmström - Datsyuk - Franzen
Filppula - Zetterberg - Samuelsson
Klima - Lang - Hudler

Lidström - Olausson
Fetisov - Konstantinov
Kronwall - D.Markov

Markov?

Jiri Fischer is the correct answer. If you want career value, Ruslan Salei and Uwe Krupp are available. If you're going full-history and not just to 1989 (Klima), there's Borje Salming.

Quote:

Hasek
Mrazek ;)

Team NA:

Probert - Yzerman - Kocur ;)
Shanahan - Primeau - Hull
Sheppard - Modano/Carson - Ciccarelli
Maltby - Draper - McCarty

Coffey - Chelios
Schneider - Rafalski
M.Howe - Rouse

Vernon
Ozzie
Those are excellent teams. One difference I do have; my teams were designed based on their tenure in Detroit, as I feel all "team" all-stars should be. This would eliminate Modano from the team. Also... Rouse? Really? If you want a gritty NA defender from 1990-present, how about Brad McCrimmon? The Flyers' Howe/McCrimmon was the most dominant pairing through the 80s, and was briefly reunited in Detroit in the early 90s. Or 1993 All-Star Steve Chiasson? Realistically, you could just go with (based on RW performance):

Howe/Coffey
Schneider/Chelios
Chiasson/Rafalski
McCrimmon

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Finally... Osgood went to three Cup finals and won two Cups, and went to the WCF four times as the Wings' goalie. Only once in the postseason did he have a losing record with Detroit, despite having a far weaker defense than Vernon enjoyed.

FissionFire 10-24-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva unit zero (Post 55179983)
CZECH REPUBLIC
Petr Klima/Robert Lang/Jiri Hudler
Miroslav Frycer/Ladislav Kohn/Vaclav Nedomansky

Jakub Kindl/Jiri Fischer
Milan Chalupa/Jiri Slegr

Dominik Hasek

Am I the only person who laughed at this? I can't stop thinking "Yo quiero Taco Bell" now haha

RedWingsNow* 10-25-2012 12:42 AM

Russia
Kozlov Fedorov Brownov
Larionov Datsyuk Butsayev

Konstantinov Markov
Fetisov Bykov
Kuznetsov Golubovsky

InGusWeTrust 10-26-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Bob (Post 55265431)
Russia
Kozlov Fedorov Brownov
Larionov Datsyuk Butsayev

Konstantinov Markov
Fetisov Bykov
Kuznetsov Golubovsky

Best russian ever.:naughty:

King Forsberg 10-26-2012 01:13 AM

No Adam Oates?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.