HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   S Kostitsyn calls Columbus "gloomiest city" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1274167)

Mayor Bee 10-22-2012 10:51 AM

S Kostitsyn calls Columbus "gloomiest city"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...4628129/?z=otf

Three questions:
1) How long until someone on the main board uses this to pitch relocation?
2) How long until someone on our board blames Howson for this?
3) How long until someone suggests turning this into an avatar theme?

IBleedUnionBlue 10-22-2012 11:26 AM

Columbus isnt close to the gloomiest city in the NHL.

Say what you want about the franchise, Columbus as a city doesnt deserve that label.

Skraut 10-22-2012 11:29 AM

"Published Monday, Oct. 22 2012, 10:07 AM EDT"-

At least we answered the question "How long until Jackets Fans get their panties in a bunch about this and post a thread about it" The answer is 1 hour 44 minutes.

Yawn...

he can only say that because there isn't an NHL franchise in Cleveland anymore.

ba-dum-bum...

Anyway
I think this is appropriate here.

http://darkbluejacket.blogspot.com/2...ttle-baby.html

Quote:

it has been a very frustrating 12 years as a Blue Jackets fan. The team has been so bad for so long that just about everybody teases the team, the city, and its fans. You have to learn to read NHL power rankings from the bottom up if you want to find the CBJ write up quickly But don’t let it scare you from loving this team. Fans could have given up on this team years ago but they haven’t. It’s easy to pick on the CBJ, but remember only one team can win the Cup each year.
All that sentence was, was a meaningless toss in. A cheap way to fill space, and to make Canadians feel better about themselves. They got to dump on the US, and Columbus in particular.

I guess the real question is "When will Canada resp...

aww hell I'm not gonna beat that dead horse anymore.

FANonymous 10-22-2012 11:29 AM

Cause you know, Russia is known for being all glitz and glamour. :shakehead

Roadman 10-22-2012 12:07 PM

The comments with the article dumped pretty hard on SK. One confused Nashville with Columbus but there were no negatives directed towards our way.

gojackets1 10-22-2012 12:53 PM

God, I just keep gaining more and more respect for this guy throughout the lockout. :shakehead:

CBJBrassard16 10-22-2012 01:09 PM

Cool story bro.

BigFatCat999 10-22-2012 01:35 PM

As if Columus' hate towards Nashville wasn'tt high enough

Double-Shift Lassť 10-22-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 55190247)
As if Columus' hate towards Nashville wasn'tt high enough

One douchey, ignorant comment from a player with a questionable rep in the first place certainly isn't going to impact things very much. Especially when it's so hard to tell the difference between it and the douchey, ignorant comments Preds fans are known for.
;):p::razz::banana::propeller:wave:

bizzz* 10-22-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FANonymous (Post 55187185)
Cause you know, Russia is known for being all glitz and glamour. :shakehead

Kostitsyn is not Russian and has never played there till this year...
I'm wondering what would he say about his hometown Novopolotsk. That's an industrial city with chemical and oil factories and nothing else.

Edgeworth* 10-22-2012 01:58 PM

sucks to be columbus i guess

then agian no one comin to toronto either and we gota monnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy yyy forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dayssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

SpinTheBlackCircle 10-22-2012 02:10 PM

Meanwhile, when you google image Sergei's hometown...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...us.xlarge1.jpg

BigFatCat999 10-22-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť (Post 55190429)
One douchey, ignorant comment from a player with a questionable rep in the first place certainly isn't going to impact things very much. Especially when it's so hard to tell the difference between it and the douchey, ignorant comments Preds fans are known for.
;):p::razz::banana::propeller:wave:

Oh, and we love you too. :laugh: :rant:

gojackets1 10-22-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 55191671)
Oh, and we love you too. :laugh: :rant:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I cheer for you guys as long as you aren't playing us. And always in the playoffs. :)

In other news, just keep piling on. ;)

Mayor Bee 10-22-2012 02:35 PM

We have a winner...the main board topic espouses moving us over Phoenix!

It took less than 5 hours.

ClevelandJacketFan 10-22-2012 02:37 PM

I don't know, I mean, as for a hockey player, I suppose it's a pretty gloomy situation.

But the city itself? I think it'd be hard to find another one that has so much going for it. Columbus is a cool city, a laid back city, and has a ton of stuff to do thanks to having a large young populous.

You want gloomy cities? Detroit is about 200 miles north.

CBJBrassard16 10-22-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 55190831)
sucks to be columbus i guess

then agian no one comin to toronto either and we gota monnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy yyy forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dayssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

wht.

BluejacketNut 10-22-2012 04:32 PM

An opinion from someone that holds little value

y2kcanucks 10-22-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle (Post 55191271)
Meanwhile, when you google image Sergei's hometown...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...us.xlarge1.jpg

Looks like a secure area. Maybe the lack of barbed wire fences in Columbus is concerning for SK?

CalBuckeyeRob 10-22-2012 07:14 PM

Based on weather, past NHL success, immediate prospects of success, and overall hockey excitement in the town, Columbus is the least desirable place to play right now in the NHL. With good ownership, management, coaching and some time, everything but the weather can be changed.

CBJBrassard16 10-22-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalBuckeyeRob (Post 55199381)
Based on weather, past NHL success, immediate prospects of success, and overall hockey excitement in the town, Columbus is the least desirable place to play right now in the NHL. With good ownership, management, coaching and some time, everything but the weather can be changed.

During a poll last year the Islanders won that, Columbus wasn't even in the bottom 5 (all that's released) I don't believe.

Sore Loser 10-22-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalBuckeyeRob (Post 55199381)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan (Post 55192139)
You want gloomy cities? Detroit is about 200 miles north.

I direct both of you to a city like Buffalo, or perhaps even New Jersey or Brooklyn (Islanders). The weather and economy in Columbus trumps Buffalo, Pittsburgh, or Detroit in a heartbeat. New Jersey and the Islanders (wherever they end up) are both going to be dismal for years to come, and are in generally undesirable areas.

To me, this is just an overrated athlete garnering long-desired but long-missed attention, turning the cameras on himself to prove that he's nothing but a useless, overpaid loudmouth.

If things are so bad here in North America, he can stay in Russia with his fellow over-hyped brother Andrei and former "superstar" teammate Alexander Radulov, who proved that even overweight players can dominate in the KHL.

Sore Loser 10-22-2012 08:42 PM

To finish my thoughts: As someone who grew up in Columbus but has lived and/or visited over 30 major cities in the US and Canada, I can honestly say that Columbus would be in my top-3 choices of places to live. It's a great city, generally clean, with fantastic people and plenty of opportunity. I would move back in a heartbeat.

punk_o_holic 10-22-2012 10:18 PM

Maybe it's the route visiting teams take when they come to Columbus? A few years ago when L.A. traded Lubomir Vishnovsky to Edmonton, he made a negative comment towards the city of Edmonton.(He said he was basing it on his experience when they were in town and said something about the route the bus always took). Then after he got settled in and had a chance to explore more of the city, he had good things to say about Edmonton. Maybe if Kostitsyn was given a tour of the city, maybe he would change his tune.

I always remembered in the past, Edmonton and Buffalo were always 1 and 2 when it came down to, "team you least want to get traded to".

punk_o_holic 10-22-2012 10:26 PM

never mind