HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Speculation: Is Bartchi #1? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1274341)

Flamesarmstrong22 10-22-2012 02:53 PM

Is Bartchi #1?

I might be a bit biased because I'm a huge flames fan, but in your opinion is Sven Bartchi the #1 prospect not playing in the NHL? This guy is insane! Played great for us last year for 5 games and is tearing up the ahl. I'm not counting players who haven't been drafted yet like mackinnon but out of the players recently drafted I can't think of too many that are better than Sven. Maybe someone like yakupov but I mean Bartchi really looks like something special and I have never been impressed with yakupov, even in junior

AfricanHerbsman 10-22-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 (Post 55192649)
I might be a bit biased because I'm a huge flames fan, but in your opinion is Sven Bartchi the #1 prospect not playing in the NHL? This guy is insane! Played great for us last year for 5 games and is tearing up the ahl. I'm not counting players who haven't been drafted yet like mackinnon but out of the players recently drafted I can't think of too many that are better than Sven. Maybe someone like yakupov but I mean Bartchi really looks like something special and I have never been impressed with yakupov, even in junior

hey huge flames fan its sven baertschi

Rolen 10-22-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 (Post 55192649)

An argument could be made for top 5 but number 1 seems a little far fetched considering guys like Huberdeau, Kuznetsov, Yakupov and Granlund would be on that list. But I think Baertschi could surprise a lot of people and play beyond many peoples expectations and better then some of the players that are usually consensus on being listed ahead of him, a lot of that has to do with draft position.

Skobel24 10-22-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfricanHerbsman (Post 55194007)
hey huge flames fan its sven baertschi

Actually, it's either one. Bärtschi is the Swiss spelling, Baertschi is just the North American one. He wore Bartschi during his time with the Winter Hawks.

Signature 10-22-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobel24 (Post 55194689)
Actually, it's either one. Bärtschi is the Swiss spelling, Baertschi is just the North American one. He wore Bartschi during his time with the Winter Hawks.

He missed the "s", thus spelling it as "Bartchi".

nogger 10-22-2012 04:11 PM

Barchee

100 Third Graders 10-22-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobel24 (Post 55194689)

Sven wore Bärtschi with Portland.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...erson_sven.jpg

Skobel24 10-22-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autograph (Post 55194803)
He missed the "s", thus spelling it as "Bartchi".

I didn't notice that actually.

Baerrtschscschehieieeie

Nordberg 10-22-2012 04:46 PM

I don't really understand why his name should be transcripted with ae when Scandinavian players as well as other Germans don't do this with åäö and even ü. I guess it's fine if that's how he wants it but I don't really see the point, to me it just looks strange and no pbp is going to pronounce it "correctly" anyway.

goodsauce 10-22-2012 05:23 PM

Bearcheesy!!

goodsauce 10-22-2012 05:24 PM

Actually, a good nickname for him (other than svensational) would be cheddar. I often hear people say Bear-Cheese anyways haha.

WhereIsIt 10-22-2012 05:51 PM

Swiss Cheese...

Holes. Like in swiss cheese and he finds the holes in the goalies! HA!

MarkGio 10-22-2012 08:28 PM

Bartschi might be the best. I think he'll be the best prospect because he's already displayed so much raw talent and the Calder race usually has an unknown player in the mix. Given that nobody, excluding Flames fans, know about the Flames prospects, Bartschi will be an underdog in the mix.

Janks 10-22-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGio (Post 55201671)
Bartschi might be the best. I think he'll be the best prospect because he's already displayed so much raw talent and the Calder race usually has an unknown player in the mix. Given that nobody, excluding Flames fans, know about the Flames prospects, Bartschi will be an underdog in the mix.

Bart is still in the West, and as such won't get a good look from Eastern media.

However, I can see Bart being in the top 3 despite the Eastern bias

DevilsAnimal* 10-22-2012 09:49 PM

In terms of Current skill, and ignoring guys like Eberle and Hall who should be in the NHL right now, yes, but Yakupov obviously has a higher ceiling, but Sven isnt that far behind, Calgary is looking at a force if they can get another iginla type player

Fearless Leaf* 10-22-2012 09:50 PM

Leafs fan here, I absolutely love this guy, I think an argument can be made for top 3, but in my book he is definitely top 5 right now, and could certainly overtake for top 3 spot.

What a beast.

I Hate Chris Butler 10-22-2012 10:05 PM

No. I'll say he's the best just to annoy everyone, but he's not.

HighLifeMan 10-22-2012 10:42 PM

No, simply due to his lack of "professional" experience he has compared to the likes of Tarasenko, Granlund and Kuznetsov.

Unfortunately he missed the WJC's due to injury which would have helped him gain even more recognition across the hockey world as well.

With all that said, there is not a single prospect out there that I would trade Baertschi for. His mix of skill, passion and work ethic are extremely rare and will set him above the majority of these players moving forward in my opinion.

InfinityIggy 10-22-2012 10:54 PM

Burtshe is the best prospect in the world hands down.

Devilspuppet666 10-22-2012 11:35 PM

bartschi is going to be an (and already is) a huge steal

tfong 10-23-2012 12:07 AM

I think Tarasenko might be better as far as proven record sofar. Sven might be much more well rounded than him and Kuz though. Would love to have a Hossa clone.

Devilspuppet666 10-23-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfong (Post 55207979)
I think Tarasenko might be better as far as proven record sofar. Sven might be much more well rounded than him and Kuz though. Would love to have a Hossa clone.

this is exactly it... hes so good two way, hes gonna be sweet

King In The North 10-23-2012 11:37 AM

Top 5 for sure.

Stewie Griffin 10-23-2012 11:45 AM

#47 IN YOUR PROGRAMS, #1 IN YOUR HEARTS!

Or something like that. I'll add to the butchering of his name. Bestchi? :sarcasm:

But is he the best player currently not playing in the NHL? Well, I'd argue that there are 700 other guys not playing in the NHL right now, and if/when the lockout ends he'll most likely be with the Flames, so its kind of a dumb statement really.

F l a m e s 10-23-2012 12:43 PM

The kid is to good to be considered #1. Ya, he's that GOOD!