HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1274405)

whiplash 10-22-2012 04:23 PM

Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)
 
I just wanted the thread. I'll think of a lame title later.


Good news is, they can't lose next weekend.

Myllz 10-22-2012 04:27 PM

More like Wannstedt goes bye bye week.

AMIRITE?!

New Sabres Captain 10-22-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myllz (Post 55195297)
More like Wannstedt goes bye bye week.

AMIRITE?!

We wish...but I'm not holding my breath.

dma0034 10-22-2012 04:42 PM

So 3 years ago no one would take the heading coaching job.... anyone think thats different now?

SFTC Addict 10-22-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma0034 (Post 55195675)
So 3 years ago no one would take the heading coaching job.... anyone think thats different now?

Well, what other senior citizens are trolling around the Football world? It's obvious it would be one of them, one of Ralphie's chronies.

SFTC Addict 10-22-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myllz (Post 55195297)
More like Wannstedt goes bye bye week.

AMIRITE?!

Nix, Chandler, Wandstedt AND Williams!

SFTC Addict 10-22-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Since 2008 :
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Matthew Stafford
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin III
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
---

Outside of Tebow, Gabbert, Locker and Ponder..... I'd take any of them before Fitz
Disagree, the only time I would want Sanchez were if my sobreity was in question at the time. Not big on Stafford and his arm issues. Ponder has actually been good. Not big on Weeden, he is Fitz in age(minus the experience) Not big on $CAM or Locker. Freeman doesn't excite me either. The rest I agree with you on.

whiplash 10-22-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myllz (Post 55195297)
More like Wannstedt goes bye bye week.

AMIRITE?!

You wouldn't see me complain. If he doesn't fix the problems with his scheme immediately, he can let the cheaply installed screen door at ODB hit his Achilles on the way out

HockeyH3aven 10-22-2012 06:50 PM

Kelsay just came right out and said what we're all thinking: guys aren't trying hard every play.

Mario Williams is enemy #1. What a complete waste that guy has been.

dma0034 10-22-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat (Post 55196079)
Disagree, the only time I would want Sanchez were if my sobreity was in question at the time. Not big on Stafford and his arm issues. Ponder has actually been good. Not big on Weeden, he is Fitz in age(minus the experience) Not big on $CAM or Locker. Freeman doesn't excite me either. The rest I agree with you on.

Sanchez gets less credit than he deserves..... looking at that offense! No WRs (including Holmes) and no RBs.....

Stafford threw for 5000 yards last season (and yes I don't he is an elite qb I'd take him over Fitz)

Ponder had a nice 4 game stretch to open the season. He wasn't impressive last season and has struggled since game 5 (58 yards 1 Td 2 Ints last week)

Weeden has looked great the last 3-4 weeks.

Cam Newton is well..... I'll give you that one

Locker has some huge potential

Freeman had a bad season last year but he is on point this year and is capitalizing on having Jackson and Williams

Dubi Doo 10-22-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven (Post 55198723)
Kelsay just came right out and said what we're all thinking: guys aren't trying hard every play.

Mario Williams is enemy #1. What a complete waste that guy has been.

What a difference a year makes. Last year they sucked, but they had some fight in them. Two years ago they were playing tough against teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I really despise this team right now. Reminds me of the 06-07 Sabres with a 1/4 of the talent. The problem with that is, in hockey you can afford to take games off, but not in football. Every game matters.

flyingpig 10-22-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat (Post 55195997)
Nix, Chandler, Wandstedt AND Williams!

Chandler ain't the problem

vcv 10-22-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat (Post 55195997)
Nix, Chandler, Wandstedt AND Williams!

Wait.. why Chandler?

New Sabres Captain 10-22-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcv (Post 55204301)
Wait.. why Chandler?

I'm assuming he means Chan. And typed "dler" instead of "Gailey{".

Also, I don't have a problem yet with Nix. He has undeniably increased the talent on the team. We were atrocious when he took over...the underachieving is not due to a lack of talent.

is the answer jesus 10-22-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma0034 (Post 55199109)
Sanchez gets less credit than he deserves..... looking at that offense! No WRs (including Holmes) and no RBs.....

Stafford threw for 5000 yards last season (and yes I don't he is an elite qb I'd take him over Fitz)

Ponder had a nice 4 game stretch to open the season. He wasn't impressive last season and has struggled since game 5 (58 yards 1 Td 2 Ints last week)

Weeden has looked great the last 3-4 weeks.

Cam Newton is well..... I'll give you that one

Locker has some huge potential

Freeman had a bad season last year but he is on point this year and is capitalizing on having Jackson and Williams

Sanchez sucks, he's had some weapons in past seasons and has disappointed. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. Ponder, Weeden, Locker, Gabbert and even Freeman are all pretty mediocre options imo. Not to say I wouldn't want take one to at least have a young qb in the mix. Agreed on Stafford though he's legit and will be a good qb for a long time.
Looking at that list It's really a mixed bag. Ryan, Stafford, Luck, and Rg3 All look like franchise qb's. Guys like Bradford, Flacco, and Newton will probably be above average starters in their careers(although Flacco is slipping a bit in my eyes and I've never been high on Newton). Of the rest, most just don't have a large enough of a sample size to make a permanent judgement on yet, although most seem pretty blah to me (probably because most were the leftover qb's drafted later in the 1st after the elite talent was already taken). So in summary I'd say I'd lean heavily towards using that first pick on a qb. If it looks unlikely that one of the top qb's will make it to us they need to get aggressive like the redskins did this year. It's the most important position in football and we've disregarded it year in and year out or taken the leftovers in the draft like Losman or Edwards.

Taro Tsujimoto 10-22-2012 10:41 PM

A retractable-roof stadium to be built on the Outer Harbor is being proposed: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...121029746/1109

HockeyH3aven 10-22-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto (Post 55206087)
A retractable-roof stadium to be built on the Outer Harbor is being proposed: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...121029746/1109

Retractable roof? Check
Looks good? Check
On the waterfront near downtown? Check
Bills here for the foreseeable future? Check

Build the damn thing! Blow up all that dilapidated industrial garbage, plant a ******** of trees, make some parking lots and we're good to go.

is the answer jesus 10-22-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto (Post 55206087)
A retractable-roof stadium to be built on the Outer Harbor is being proposed: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...121029746/1109

Very cool. Would certainly be a great thing for the bills and for this area. Would actually put the Buffalo bills "in Buffalo", the waterfront would be ideal too.

SFTC Addict 10-23-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 55204411)
I'm assuming he means Chan. And typed "dler" instead of "Gailey{".

Also, I don't have a problem yet with Nix. He has undeniably increased the talent on the team. We were atrocious when he took over...the underachieving is not due to a lack of talent.

I admit, I just thought Chan was short for Chandler. So i've always called him that, sorry for the confusion.

SFTC Addict 10-23-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven (Post 55206801)
Retractable roof? Check
Looks good? Check
On the waterfront near downtown? Check
Bills here for the foreseeable future? Check

Build the damn thing! Blow up all that dilapidated industrial garbage, plant a ******** of trees, make some parking lots and we're good to go.

This is good in theory but isnt time a factor? Ralph could croak any day now. If this isn't a passed deal by then it could be a messy situation. Who knows what his plans are, if someone is lined up, etc.

Is Cuomo for the Bills staying? Not sure who it was but some state politician was standing outside the stadium a month or so ago with a presser pleading the team has to stay, kind of funny a politician would care.

The only thing nice about the current setup is for us out of towners who don't have to go downtown, that ride home just got considerably longer...

SFTC Addict 10-23-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by is the answer jesus (Post 55204853)
Sanchez sucks, he's had some weapons in past seasons and has disappointed. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. Ponder, Weeden, Locker, Gabbert and even Freeman are all pretty mediocre options imo. Not to say I wouldn't want take one to at least have a young qb in the mix. Agreed on Stafford though he's legit and will be a good qb for a long time.
Looking at that list It's really a mixed bag. Ryan, Stafford, Luck, and Rg3 All look like franchise qb's. Guys like Bradford, Flacco, and Newton will probably be above average starters in their careers(although Flacco is slipping a bit in my eyes and I've never been high on Newton). Of the rest, most just don't have a large enough of a sample size to make a permanent judgement on yet, although most seem pretty blah to me (probably because most were the leftover qb's drafted later in the 1st after the elite talent was already taken). So in summary I'd say I'd lean heavily towards using that first pick on a qb. If it looks unlikely that one of the top qb's will make it to us they need to get aggressive like the redskins did this year. It's the most important position in football and we've disregarded it year in and year out or taken the leftovers in the draft like Losman or Edwards.

Thank you, how can any Bills fan say they would want Sanchez, have you not seen him? The first 2 years the D did the work with a solid running game.

Layne Staley 10-23-2012 01:35 AM

Vick is a UFA this off-season.I would sign him in an instant.Yes he will be 33 and has regressed, but he is still much better then Fitzpatrick.Fitz is straight garbage, I hope we sign Vick on a 2 year deal as a stopgap and use our 1st round pick (which hopefully will be top 5) on the best available QB.Hell, I'd trade up for Geno Smith if need be.Have Vick start year 1, if he struggles and you think Geno is ready, then put him in.If Vick plays good and we are winning, then you give Smith the year to develop and give him the reins next season and have Vick as the backup.

All of this is moot point if Chan Gailey,Dave Wannstedt,Buddy Nix and Ryan Fitzpatrick are still employed for the Bills.Or if our new coach, who will probably be some mediocre retread, will probably keep FJ as the #1 back and give Spiller 30% of the carries, when it should be the other way around.Looking at how brutal our team is, we need to spend our 1st on a QB, and a 2nd on the best available WR or LB.Our OL is very good and young.We don't need any OL draft picks.And with the hundred+ million spent and invested on the DL, there should be 0 DT or DE's drafted.Secondary is pretty bad, but with all the 1st/2nd round picks spent there recently (Byrd,Gilmore,Williams,Mckelvin) there should not be any players in the secondary drafted before round 6-7.We need to stock up on WR and LBs after getting our franchise QB.Finally getting a top end TE would be great, we haven't had a good TE since Reimersma and he wasn't even that good.It's too bad I have lost all hope in this team drafting/winning games that it's almost impossible for me to get excited.

Imlach a cup 10-23-2012 03:26 AM

They came out and sad that they will break ground on te new stadium as soon as the Casino and companion span are finished...

SackTastic 10-23-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto (Post 55206087)
A retractable-roof stadium to be built on the Outer Harbor is being proposed: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...121029746/1109

My favorite part of the article:

Quote:

Company President Nicholas J. Stracick and Vice President George F. Hasiotis acknowledged to The Buffalo News that they have yet to line up political support, or reach out to the Bills, for a project that touches two areas the team and development of the outer harbor and has produced its share of cynicism. They are banking on the City of Buffalo and Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo allowing them an option on a 167-acre site so they can convince the National Football League that a stunning facility is ready to be built in Buffalo.
......

I guess talking to the team that would be your anchor tenant isn't all THAT important.

There's also that little assumption of NYS kicking in $400M. From where?

brian_griffin 10-23-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beechsack (Post 55210425)
My favorite part of the article:



......

I guess talking to the team that would be your anchor tenant isn't all THAT important.

There's also that little assumption of NYS kicking in $400M. From where?

Decades ago, NYS should have started charging an "exit fee" of a few hundred bucks a head for statewide residents relocating elsewhere in the USA. By now they would have had enough money to build that proposed stadium out of gold...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.