HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   General Fantasy Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Dynasty League - Traded Malkin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1274467)

stami 10-22-2012 09:28 PM

Dynasty League - Traded Malkin

Dynasty League

Traded Malkin & N. Backstrom (WAS), for RNH,Skinner & Kovalchuk

Thoughts?

League roster & stats: CC RWRW LWLW DDDD UtlUtl. G,A,Pts,PPP,+\-,PIMs,SHG,BLK Shts

TheKingSlayer 10-22-2012 11:43 PM

You lose in real life, but probably win in fantasy.

PierreMcGuire* 10-22-2012 11:47 PM

Don't like it for you.

Malkin is the best player in the deal, and I feel like Backstrom could very well be the second best player in the deal as well.

Without Backstrom and Skinner, the deal would have looked better.

stami 10-22-2012 11:57 PM

Thanks for the info. But I feel Backstrom has a huge durability issue and personally I'm not a fan of his. Skinner with the Staal brothers any day over Backstrom for me.

If Skinner becomes a 90pt player, I feel I win. RNH will be a 100pt player at some point IMO only.

stevens8204 10-25-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stami (Post 55206555)
Thanks for the info. But I feel Backstrom has a huge durability issue and personally I'm not a fan of his. Skinner with the Staal brothers any day over Backstrom for me.

If Skinner becomes a 90pt player, I feel I win. RNH will be a 100pt player at some point IMO only.

It is a gamble of a trade but RNH has to stay healthy for this trade to work and Skinner has to improve his hands and skating around the scoring areas. Sometimes you have to pull the trigger on these moves. I can see why the move was made.

PierreMcGuire* 10-26-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Durability is an issue for Backstrom, but he's an elite point producing center currently, who I would never move for Skinner.

I really doubt Skinner ever becomes a 90 point player, and I'm not so sure RNH becomes a 100 point player, and if he does I doubt he will be able to hit it as regularly as Malkin.

bigsick 10-26-2012 06:14 PM

Backstrom is 2 times the offensive force that skinner is. Like buddy said, without backstrom and skinner its a much tougher choice.

Even then i probably would have kept Malkin and im a huge RNH and Kovalchuk fan.

Carlzner 10-26-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Durability issue? He has been injured once in his career and it was a concussion due to a cheap shot. RNH was injured for a good stretch of his rookie year... i'd say that's way more of a durability concern than backstrom..

PierreMcGuire* 10-26-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner (Post 55308251)
Durability issue? He has been injured once in his career and it was a concussion due to a cheap shot. RNH was injured for a good stretch of his rookie year... i'd say that's way more of a durability concern than backstrom..

Agree. But a concussion does warrant some concern, defiantly not enough to deal him away for what is essentially just Jeff Skinner.