HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Germany (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   International: Germany at the WJC (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1274627)

Maverick41 10-23-2012 09:35 AM

Germany at the WJC
 
Well, I thought we get this discussion started early.

How do you think Germany will do at the WJC this time?
Who do you think will be on the roster?

Hereafter is a list of players I think are eligible and could be on the roster:

Goalies:
Louis Albrecht, Marvin Cüpper, Niklas Deske, Philipp Hähl, Philipp Lehr, Kevin Reich, Korbinian Sertl

Defensemen:
Steven Bär, Tim Bender, Thomas Botzenhardt, Maximilian Faber, Henry Haase, Kilian Keller, Manuel Kindl, Stephan Kronthaler, Oliver Mebus, Max Meirandres, Janik Möser, Mike Ortwein, Kevin Schmitt, Andreas Schwarz, Simon Sezemsky, Eric Stephan, Felix Stokowski, Dominik Tiffels, Alexander Winkler

Forwards:
Dominik Daxlberger, Leon Draisaitl, Markus Eisenschmid, Daniel Fischbuch, Kai Herpich, Raphael Käfer, Dominik Kahun, Maximilian Kastner, Artem Klein, Patrick Klöpper, Christoph Kabitzky, Marcel Kahle, John Koslowski, Christian Kretschmann, Marcel Kurth, Nickolas Latta, Kevin Orendorz, Lennart Palausch, Andreas Pauli, Leonhard Pföderl, Fabio Pfohl, Tobias Rieder, Jonas Schlenker, Frederik Tiffels, Sebastian Uvira, Sven Ziegler


Did I miss anyone or are there any players on my list who shouldn't be?

smitty10 10-23-2012 03:50 PM

Voted relegation. I just don't think they'll beat the Latvians. They have a better team and guys like Girgensons and Bluegers will push them over the top.

wings5 10-23-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick41 (Post 55212243)
Well, I thought we get this discussion started early.

How do you think Germany will do at the WJC this time?
Who do you think will be on the roster?

Hereafter is a list of players I think are eligible and could be on the roster:

Goalies:
Louis Albrecht, Marvin Cüpper, Niklas Deske, Philipp Hähl, Philipp Lehr, Kevin Reich, Korbinian Sertl

Defensemen:
Steven Bär, Tim Bender, Thomas Botzenhardt, Maximilian Faber, Henry Haase, Kilian Keller, Manuel Kindl, Stephan Kronthaler, Oliver Mebus, Max Meirandres, Janik Möser, Mike Ortwein, Kevin Schmitt, Andreas Schwarz, Simon Sezemsky, Eric Stephan, Felix Stokowski, Dominik Tiffels, Alexander Winkler

Forwards:
Dominik Daxlberger, Leon Draisaitl, Markus Eisenschmid, Daniel Fischbuch, Kai Herpich, Raphael Käfer, Dominik Kahun, Maximilian Kastner, Artem Klein, Patrick Klöpper, Christoph Kabitzky, Marcel Kahle, John Koslowski, Christian Kretschmann, Marcel Kurth, Nickolas Latta, Kevin Orendorz, Lennart Palausch, Andreas Pauli, Leonhard Pföderl, Fabio Pfohl, Tobias Rieder, Jonas Schlenker, Frederik Tiffels, Sebastian Uvira, Sven Ziegler


Did I miss anyone or are there any players on my list who shouldn't be?

I just came in to say I think Germans have the best names on Earth. :nod:

ficohok* 10-24-2012 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty10 (Post 55222383)
Voted relegation. I just don't think they'll beat the Latvians. They have a better team and guys like Girgensons and Bluegers will push them over the top.

Isn't this the same German team from WJC U18 2011. who tied with Russia, and lost 4:3 (led 3:2) against Canada in 1/4 finals ?

Maverick41 10-24-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mannheim (Post 55237539)
Isn't this the same German team from WJC U18 2011. who tied with Russia, and lost 4:3 (led 3:2) against Canada in 1/4 finals ?

The U18 teams in that tournament consisted mostly of players that were born in 94 and 95, and since players born in 93 are also eligible for the upcoming tournament, the teams will be different.

I think they will end up in the relegation round, but manage to avoid relegation. Of course this is only an assumption without knowledge of the rosters.

I can't wait to see the preliminary rosters, and I am wondering if the coaches will stick predominantly with players from 93 or if they will pick a fair number of younger players.

smitty10 10-24-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mannheim (Post 55237539)
Isn't this the same German team from WJC U18 2011. who tied with Russia, and lost 4:3 (led 3:2) against Canada in 1/4 finals ?

That Canadian team also isn't nearly the same team they'll be sending here. All the teams will have most of their BPA's there and I don't think Germany has much to offer outside of Rieder.

Mr Writer 10-24-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick41 (Post 55240561)
The U18 teams in that tournament consisted mostly of players that were born in 94 and 95, and since players born in 93 are also eligible for the upcoming tournament, the teams will be different.

I think they will end up in the relegation round, but manage to avoid relegation. Of course this is only an assumption without knowledge of the rosters.

I can't wait to see the preliminary rosters, and I am wondering if the coaches will stick predominantly with players from 93 or if they will pick a fair number of younger players.

Well, you are in the group of death... either you go 0-4 in the prelim rd. and win the relegation game, or Canada-U.S.-Russia kick the snot out of one another and 1 of the three would be prime for Germany pulling off an upset. Should be a great tourney.

ficohok* 10-24-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty10 (Post 55250785)
That Canadian team also isn't nearly the same team they'll be sending here. All the teams will have most of their BPA's there and I don't think Germany has much to offer outside of Rieder.

I didn't want compare Germany with Canada, just wanted to say Germans shoudn't be written off just like that...

Maverick41 10-25-2012 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mannheim (Post 55255831)
I didn't want compare Germany with Canada, just wanted to say Germans shoudn't be written off just like that...

Actually the best shot our German team will have is when maybe some of the other teams don't take them all that seriously because of their lack of star power.

I mean everybody will be aware of what Rieder could do, but there is some potential for surprises. I just hope that the players who are already playing in the DEL like Klöpper, Fischbuch, Pföderl or Orendorz will be on the team.

I guess I am most worried about the goalies. There really is no one who stands out.
The years before we had guys like Grubauer or Niederberger available. This year I do not have much confidence in our goalkeeping.

Latgale_fan 10-27-2012 05:08 AM

I wouldn't say that Latvia is a favourite to stay up, yeah we will have our best ever U20 roster but the Germans also have Rieder and the young Draisaitl kid and DEL guys... It will be tough in any case. This year at the U18 we thought we can win Germany and we did, but still didn't get into TOP 6...

Team Latvia will be much better than last year, that's for sure. And not only for Girgensons and Blugers but also 1993 guys stepping up like Klavins now playing in Elitserien and other guys getting more points in Russian junior MHL, also young 2014 draft prospect Rihards Bukarts, but still the German team shouldn't be bad at all. It will be fun cause, as I think, either Germany or Latvia can upset Slovaks or any other of non top 5 teams.

As regards goalies we will probably have Merzlikins who occasionally sits as the 2nd goalie for NLA team but how good is he in Swiss juniors???

Bure80 10-28-2012 03:59 AM

Dont forget Dominik Kahun who is 3th in rookie scoring in the OHL.
Draisaitl is 3th in the WHL btw.
A line of Kahun-Draisaitl-Rieder could do some damage.

TheHoff 10-28-2012 12:09 PM

I'm a bit confused because I thought that year 1994 is pretty good for the german national team (with guys like Draisaitl, Kahun etc.)...

I'm not exactly an expert on the other teams though, so... Can anyone give me some more infos about the year 1994 and 1995 and how good they are in comparison with other european countries (plus which players are the most interesting german players so far)? That would be very awesome. Thanks! :)

Maverick41 10-30-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marius (Post 55343467)
I'm a bit confused because I thought that year 1994 is pretty good for the german national team (with guys like Draisaitl, Kahun etc.)...

I'm not exactly an expert on the other teams though, so... Can anyone give me some more infos about the year 1994 and 1995 and how good they are in comparison with other european countries (plus which players are the most interesting german players so far)? That would be very awesome. Thanks! :)

The way I see it, 1994 lacks really great talent, but there is quite some depth of decent players (E.g. Artem Klein, Patrick Klöpper, Marcel Kurth, Dominik Tiffels or Sven Ziegler). 1995 has some highly talented guys like Kahun, Draisaitl and possibly Tuomie. I also like Tim Bender, Markus Eisenschmid, Frederik Tiffels, Janik Möser and Kevin Orendorz.

However, as far as I know players born in 1993 are also eligible for this tournament, and I do believe that most of the other countries have better players from that year.
We have Rieder and couple of others who aren't bad, but I'm pretty sure other teams will get more from their older players.

Still, if none of the key players are missing, I believe they can avoid relegation. I just wish we had better goalies.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.