HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2012 CBA Discussion III (Lockout Talk) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1274757)

TP 10-23-2012 02:40 PM

2012 CBA Discussion III (Lockout Talk)

Continue here. :shakehead

Part I - http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1219919

Part II - http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1266407

Gee Wally 10-23-2012 02:59 PM

They're ruinin' my Wintah!

:rant:

Dom - OHL 10-23-2012 03:00 PM

I'm assuming that since we are on thread three that the lockout hasn't ended yet?

Or that you think it will last a long time?

:laugh:

Sorry, sick attempt to add some laughter to this all

DKH 10-23-2012 03:37 PM

I still can't believe the NHL owners would go through with this- however, if they do they pretty much have tarnished the game, the league, their image for years- alot more than it already is.

I'd think besides triple digit players never playing again, you probably lose a few franchises

still saying November 23rd but will the players care

RustyBruins72 10-23-2012 03:45 PM

i don't see this one ending for a long time.

not going to surprise me to see another season lost.

my only thought is, in 2004 hockey was broke and the CBA obviously helped because of the growth we saw in the NHL. but now, hockey's in solid shape yet we have another lockout.

when this one ends, i don't think things will be very pretty.

Dom - OHL 10-23-2012 03:47 PM

NHL has "apparently" said today they will give up on seeking HRR definitions and so forth and just go with the HRR as strictly defined in the expired CBA

gorskic 10-23-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKH (Post 55221901)
I still can't believe the NHL owners would go through with this- however, if they do they pretty much have tarnished the game, the league, their image for years- alot more than it already is.

I think I've got this figured out.

It's not about anything except Gary Bettman wanting to prove he's a bigger man than Roger Goodell and his mentor David Stern, and getting a "better" deal than both of those guys did. He's sold the owners on this idea. He's got too much invested in it to negotiate an agreement that would work for both sides.

If you look at the owners' latest proposal, all they're really doing is moving the money around from their last proposal. The "make whole" bit keeps the players' share at about 47% which...is exactly where they were BEFORE this last proposal. It's playing three card monty with player salaries.

Quote:

I'd think besides triple digit players never playing again, you probably lose a few franchises

still saying November 23rd but will the players care
You won't lose any franchises, although you'd have to think quite a few are for sale, and that values would plummet if the league gets an even bigger black eye from this than they already have. I think the players are becoming indifferent to whether there's a season or not. If you look at what the owners have out there, it's basically a work for 7 years and we'll pay you for 6 kind of deal. They lose a season anyway. What's the difference, really?

Shaun 10-23-2012 03:56 PM

november 15th

let's go

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/don...ry_don_bio.jpg

Shaun 10-23-2012 04:25 PM

sort of OT but pretty funny

:30 seconds

Who do you play for?

Phoenix... well uh Quebec soon - What does Bettman/the new phoenix owner think of that? :laugh:

Dogberry 10-23-2012 05:12 PM

Stay on topic please folks.

DKH 10-23-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaider (Post 55223723)
No deal at all. Dude took a 'tude when asked whats up with repeatedly predicting the date of settlement. Jus' askin 'sall.

my predictions will be changing daily so if you get a wittle bone in 'jas pants every time I post a date you are going to perty 'appy

forgot I'm an insider supposed to know this stuff- s'all

if you like me that much when the season starts if you go to a game give me a PM and use can come meet me- I'm very nice and I'll show yah my whited out dentist card that says Bruins Insidar in Black and Gold.:)

I do like to have fans though

DKH 10-23-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alycat (Post 55224069)
He has. Sounds like this person has a bit of an agenda.

I'm on the 23rd but if it gets to close to that date I'm going to move it to New Years Day;)

actually these are my dates in order

if they solve it this week put me down for November 2nd give or take a day or two

if they don't I'm sticking with the 23rd

however, New Years would be the next date

and if they miss that probably the season is over

wow- such pressure knowing I have someone stalking my post for accuracy (the Quaider angle? wouldn't be lucky enough for Lee Ann:naughty:....)

Ladyfan 10-23-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKH (Post 55225021)
my predictions will be changing daily so if you get a wittle bone in 'jas pants every time I post a date you are going to perty 'appy

forgot I'm an insider supposed to know this stuff- s'all

if you like me that much when the season starts if you go to a game give me a PM and use can come meet me- I'm very nice and I'll show yah my whited out dentist card that says Bruins Insidar in Black and Gold.:)

I do like have fans though

:laugh::laugh: I've seen that card ;)

DKH 10-23-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladyfan (Post 55223871)
I am pretty sure DKH said the day after Thanksgiving.

I just hope they get their heads out of their ***** and get the season started. :(

I did but if they miss that date will you back me up when I change it to New Years;)

Ladyfan 10-23-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKH (Post 55225159)
I did but if they miss that date will you back me up when I change it to New Years;)

Hey...Jan 1st is my date :sarcasm:

TwineTickler 10-23-2012 05:53 PM

I'm getting seriously frustrated. I really want to start a website or something and just have it flooded with fans pleas to the NHL and NHLPA to get a deal done. This just shouldn't happen. Billionaires and Millionaires arguing over money. All I want to do is watch the game I love. Play some damn hockey please.

TwineTickler 10-23-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky (Post 55222251)
NHL has "apparently" said today they will give up on seeking HRR definitions and so forth and just go with the HRR as strictly defined in the expired CBA

Any good insider news OOG? I'm still hoping they bang something out by the end of the day Thursday. The optimist in me.

Shaun 10-23-2012 06:05 PM

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl
NHLPA source,sense NHL open to negotiating 'making whole' aspect but still holding firm on all other components of last offer 'as is' #TSN

Lobster57 10-23-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaider (Post 55225819)
Why yall got's to be all like dissin'? Ain't no need for 'tude. I said it ain't no thang. Peace out.

There goes the greatest man this forum has ever seen.

Shaun 10-23-2012 06:38 PM

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
NHL remains firm, willing to negotiate with the PA by only working off NHL offer tabled last Tues. NHL wants next meeting to be an end pt.

ap3lovr 10-23-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossfire (Post 55226353)
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
NHL remains firm, willing to negotiate with the PA by only working off NHL offer tabled last Tues. NHL wants next meeting to be an end pt.

Neither side is going to work off of the others proposal. I'd like to see some fan intervention. A website setup with all of the issues and the fans vote. Close voting after a period of time and publish the results as a proposal.

HooperDrivesTheBoat 10-23-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogberry (Post 55224495)
Stay on topic please folks.

Yes

Ignore or report troll(ing)(s)

Shaun 10-23-2012 08:28 PM

mathieu dandenault ‏@mdandenault25
After todays NHLPA's meeting! It's unanimous players will TRY to meet Owners tomorrow! #nhllockout

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris
After executive board call, the NHLPA has requested a meeting with the NHL for tomorrow.

here we go.

Dom - OHL 10-23-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossfire (Post 55229655)
mathieu dandenault ‏@mdandenault25
After todays NHLPA's meeting! It's unanimous players will TRY to meet Owners tomorrow! #nhllockout

After executive board call, the NHLPA has requested a meeting with the NHL for tomorrow.

here we go.

And NHL seems ready to move on a few items on their proposal from last Tuesday - IF they negotiate off of that proposal.

NHLPA waiting for a response from NHL and meeting could still be at an undisclosed location.

NHLPA also considering a labor practice complaint re: Leagues memo allowing GM's owners to speak with players.

If the latter happens, IMO opinion, kiss the season good bye

Shaun 10-23-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky (Post 55230121)
And NHL seems ready to move on a few items on their proposal from last Tuesday - IF they negotiate off of that proposal.

NHLPA waiting for a response from NHL and meeting could still be at an undisclosed location.

NHLPA also considering a labor practice complaint re: Leagues memo allowing GM's owners to speak with players.

If the latter happens, IMO opinion, kiss the season good bye

I hope to god that doesn't happen. Burke should rent a barn and fight Fehr in it and whoever wins gets to make the CBA.

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
The NHLPA has informed the media they will meet the League at any time,with NO pre-conditions...and they have told the NHL the same.

Bill Daly says the union has expressed a willingness to meet but isn't going to table a proposal: "What would we be meeting about?"