HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Early 2013 Mock (fun bump_ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1274839)

DuckJet 10-23-2012 04:36 PM

Early 2013 Mock (fun bump_
 
Using 2012 draft positions

Columbus: Nathan MacKinnon
Edmonton: Seth Jones
Montreal: Jonathan Drouin
NYI: Alex Barkov
Toronto: Sean Monahan
Anaheim: Elias Lindholm

^ Neat. Not much changed there.
Minnesota: Hunter Shinkaruk
Carolina: Rasmus Ristolainen
Winnipeg: Curtis Lazar (lol)
Tampa Bay: Ryan Pulock
Colorado: Adam Erne (lol)
Buffalo: Max Domi
Dallas: Andre Burakovsky (lol)
Buffalo: Robert Haag (lol)
Ottawa: Josh Morrissey
Washington: Anthony Duclair (lol)
San Jose: Kerby Rychel
Chicago: Nikita Zadorov (lol)
Detroit: Valeri Nicushkin (lolololololololololololololol)
Philadelphia: Darnell Nurse (lmfao)
Calgary: Bo Horvat (lel)
Pittsburgh: Artturi Lehkonen
Florida: William Carrier
Boston: Ryan Kujawinski (lol)
St. Louis: Ryan Hartman
Vancouver: Anthony Mantha
Phoenix: Hudson Fasching
New York Rangers: Ian McCoshen
Los Angeles: Valery Nichushkin (oops)

PriceIsGod 10-23-2012 04:37 PM

Max domi is underrated imo.

DuckJet 10-23-2012 04:39 PM

I tried to do it based on team need. If I was doing a ranking this list would be much different.

JVReemer 10-23-2012 05:50 PM

Drouin does not land in the top 5 imho

DuckJet 10-23-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVReemer (Post 55225307)
Drouin does not land in the top 5 imho

The way he's been playing I disagree. Still early.
I wasn't sure if I'd give Montreal a center or not but I figure with Gally in their system they could round out a top line that looks like Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Drouin, plus he was born in Quebec, so that's a win right there.

candyman82 10-24-2012 01:01 AM

Blue Jackets own Rangers' and Kings' first round picks

NH57 10-24-2012 07:18 AM

The only way this works is if we cut Valeri Nichisckin in half, with part of him going to Detroit and the other half goes to LA

Lol.


:P

intylerwetrust 10-24-2012 09:09 AM

no way Drouin goes that high..... Bergevin is smart enough not to be influenced to go with the "gars de chez nous"

Id even pick Domi over him at this point

DuckJet 10-24-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noahhabib (Post 55238217)
The only way this works is if we cut Valeri Nichisckin in half, with part of him going to Detroit and the other half goes to LA

Lol.


:P

Woops...whatever :P

Bernier the Boats 10-24-2012 02:10 PM

Drouin a couple spots too high, should be 6ish imo. Lindholm/Monahan interchangeable. I think Nichuskin should be higher, and I'd drop Duclair a bit.

Tribu 10-24-2012 04:04 PM

I think that Frederick Gauthier will end up in the first round. Great size, good numbers (16 points in 13 games) in his first season in the Q and great defensively. Could be a riser and end up in the top 15.

Mystifo 10-24-2012 05:15 PM

I like the pick TOR gets. :D

DuckJet 10-24-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystifo (Post 55253975)
I like the pick TOR gets. :D

Seems like a Brian Burke type pick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parasoad (Post 55252203)
I think that Frederick Gauthier will end up in the first round. Great size, good numbers (16 points in 13 games) in his first season in the Q and great defensively. Could be a riser and end up in the top 15.

Forgot about him.

pcamp 10-27-2012 12:16 PM

Montreal would pick Barkov at #3 or trade down for drouin IMO

Carlzner 10-27-2012 01:35 PM

Lindholm falls perfectly to Anaheim, eh? ;)

PriceIsGod 10-27-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner (Post 55322483)
Lindholm falls perfectly to Anaheim, eh? ;)

i was wondering about that hehe

LeHabsMan 10-27-2012 03:49 PM

I would personally go kill Bergevin if he took Drouin over barkov at 3.

Drouin is good but barkov can play centre or wing and is a big body. If they trade down to around 5th then sure.

LeHabsMan 10-27-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intylerwetrust (Post 55239507)
no way Drouin goes that high..... Bergevin is smart enough not to be influenced to go with the "gars de chez nous"

Id even pick Domi over him at this point

Drouin has the best ppg in the Q right now with 19 points in 8 games. Domi is doing very well too, 20 points in 13 games, but Drouin does it all. PP, PK and even strengh.

DuckJet 10-27-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner (Post 55322483)
Lindholm falls perfectly to Anaheim, eh? ;)

Thought it would be fun to have two of em :P

In all seriousness though, I'd be happy with any of the top 13-15 players. Insane talent in this draft.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup (Post 55325145)
I would personally go kill Bergevin if he took Drouin over barkov at 3.

Drouin is good but barkov can play centre or wing and is a big body. If they trade down to around 5th then sure.

That didn't cross my mind. Barkov would be better, but to be "kill" mad that you get a guy like Drouin? That's still a stroke of good fortune if you ask me.

candyman82 10-27-2012 05:57 PM

Who do you see the Jackets taking at 29 and 30?

DuckJet 10-27-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman82 (Post 55328059)
Who do you see the Jackets taking at 29 and 30?

Hard to say this early, but I'm gonna assume they'll take the best defender and winger available.

LeHabsMan 10-28-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 55327859)

That didn't cross my mind. Barkov would be better, but to be "kill" mad that you get a guy like Drouin? That's still a stroke of good fortune if you ask me.

At top 3 I would. If Barkov is there, and they pass him over I would definetely be mad. Drouin is great but he is arguably a stretch at top 5. MacKinnon, Barkov, Jones and Monahan are better. Maybe he can get passed Lindholm or Shinkaruk and sneak into the top 5.

DuckJet 10-28-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup (Post 55343041)
At top 3 I would. If Barkov is there, and they pass him over I would definetely be mad. Drouin is great but he is arguably a stretch at top 5. MacKinnon, Barkov, Jones and Monahan are better. Maybe he can get passed Lindholm or Shinkaruk and sneak into the top 5.

I don't see how a guy with the best PPG rate (2.44) in the CHL going top 3 is a strech. His PPG is better than the guy expected to go first overall. That's gotta count for something. I'd say a lot of those guys you listed are going to be pretty interchangeable come draft day.

NHL Fanatic 10-29-2012 09:38 PM

Good job on the mock, I would disagree on some picks, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's tough to position players until you know the team order. I like Drouin over Domi. I got to see him at the Canada U18 tryouts in Toronto, unfortunately don't get to see him that often. It's hard to see him going before Monahan, Barkov and even Lindholm. I do think he will be selected in the top 10 but hey I might be wrong, who knows.

DuckJet 10-29-2012 10:19 PM

I could honestly see Monahan slipping a bit. Not out of the top 10, but nothing about his season so far screams big time player. We'll have to see.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.