HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1274897)

overlords 10-23-2012 07:17 PM

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

continue here

ChuckyToGally 10-23-2012 10:21 PM

Am I the only one to think that Bournival is underrated in our prospect pool?

NewHabsEra* 10-23-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Roy (Post 55233255)

Bournival is a pretty intriguing prospect.. I saw him play alot in junior and Im not sure he has the skills to be a very good 2nd line center, maybe a decent one on a poor team but when you have guys like Galchenyuk Eller Plekanec Desharnais ahead of you in the depth chart, the challenge is pretty big.. I think he will be a NHLer since he works extremmely hard all the times and is versatile but if he has to make it on the Habs line-up, I see him more in a third line winger role..

Valois 10-24-2012 12:41 AM

The lockout sucks obviously, but I am realizing now that I'm following the Dogs more closely just how much this could be a good experience for them - all the players are playing decent roles and the other teams are peppered with NHL talents.

I do want to see Leblanc used on an offensive line a bit though. I don't think he's been bad, I just think Leblanc showed some flashes of offense in the NHL last year that really had me intrigued.

canadiensnation 10-24-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Roy (Post 55233255)

I expect him to be a 2A/B center man at his full potential in the NHL.

Definitely a good trade by Gauthier to grab him for O'byrne.

montreal 10-24-2012 09:00 AM

Another poor showing by the Dogs, thought they looked slugish and too passive. Was impressed with Holland again, nice debut for Ellis although I thought he was moving a little slow out there.

I missed the pregame, did anyone hear why Nash was sat? Hopefully he's not injured cause going with 5 rookies on defense is going to make for many tough nights. Any update on Leblanc as well?

zzoo 10-24-2012 09:14 AM

On the TVA Sports website, it indicates that the game vs Marlies this Fri is a replay at 9:30PM. The game starts at 7:30 though. TVA Sports will show the QC Junior game instead.

The game on Sunday is live though, at 5PM.

SNM87 10-24-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valois (Post 55235873)
The lockout sucks obviously, but I am realizing now that I'm following the Dogs more closely just how much this could be a good experience for them - all the players are playing decent roles and the other teams are peppered with NHL talents.

I do want to see Leblanc used on an offensive line a bit though. I don't think he's been bad, I just think Leblanc showed some flashes of offense in the NHL last year that really had me intrigued.

Well it may take some time for this to happen as Leblanc is out indefinitely with an ankle injury.....hopefully he just bruised it but the way he was helped off the ice in Saturdays game against the Marlies.....it could be anything from a high ankle sprain to broken....both being very bad news.

canadiensnation 10-24-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 55239339)
Another poor showing by the Dogs, thought they looked slugish and too passive. Was impressed with Holland again, nice debut for Ellis although I thought he was moving a little slow out there.

I missed the pregame, did anyone hear why Nash was sat? Hopefully he's not injured cause going with 5 rookies on defense is going to make for many tough nights. Any update on Leblanc as well?

Right before the puck drop Derek Willis said he was a healthy scratch.

Dr Gonzo 10-24-2012 01:23 PM

.@BulldogsAHL injury update: G Cedrick Desjardins out 1-2 weeks (groin), F Louis Leblanc out 4-6 weeks (high ankle sprain) @CanadiensMTL

Bullsmith 10-24-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsEra (Post 55233521)
Bournival is a pretty intriguing prospect.. I saw him play alot in junior and Im not sure he has the skills to be a very good 2nd line center, maybe a decent one on a poor team but when you have guys like Galchenyuk Eller Plekanec Desharnais ahead of you in the depth chart, the challenge is pretty big.. I think he will be a NHLer since he works extremmely hard all the times and is versatile but if he has to make it on the Habs line-up, I see him more in a third line winger role..

To me Bournival isn't underrated, he's one of our best best prospects in terms of good bottom-six versatile players. The big question mark on him for me is durability. He works his butt off, is a leader and has a coach's dream attitude, but he plays physically hard and over the course of his junior career he's been injured a lot.

DogsFan* 10-24-2012 01:44 PM

So Ceddy is still sidelined for atleast another 5-6 games.. not what I wanna hear. Also Leblanc 4-6 after hurting his ankle in a meaningless fight... Pick your battles kid.

Talks to Goalposts 10-24-2012 02:02 PM

Really bad news for the Dogs attack, with Leblanc they could somewhat compensate for a lack of top offensive talent by rolling 3 ES lines that could generate pressure and were in a position to score by committee, the defensive third line could also attack.

We saw last night only Geoffrion and Bournival's lines putting themselves in a position to score and not in a dominating fashion either.

montreal 10-24-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiensnation (Post 55244401)
Right before the puck drop Derek Willis said he was a healthy scratch.

Thanks, that's a strange decision to sit him and go with 5 rookies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 55247251)
.@BulldogsAHL injury update: G Cedrick Desjardins out 1-2 weeks (groin), F Louis Leblanc out 4-6 weeks (high ankle sprain) @CanadiensMTL

They said that with Desjardins, he could play but since it's early in the season they don't want to push it, so I'm not worried there although they could really use him. Sucks to hear for Leblanc though, I was expecting him to put up big numbers this year so losing him when they are already short on offense is going to hurt.

Habitants 10-24-2012 03:15 PM

ARG!

not good news for Leblanc! that really sucks!

Redux91 10-24-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 55247251)

Honestly, thank god thats all it is

i thought he blew out a knee or something

now high ankle sprains do suck, ANd linger (potentially ALL year)

but at LEAST we dont have to worry about something as serious as the knee, im honestly relieved

canadiensnation 10-24-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redux91 (Post 55251127)
Honestly, thank god thats all it is

i thought he blew out a knee or something

now high ankle sprains do suck, ANd linger (potentially ALL year)

but at LEAST we dont have to worry about something as serious as the knee, im honestly relieved

at least he's not a goalie...high ankle sprains kill goalies more than players.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 10-24-2012 04:20 PM

This isn't the 1st time Leblanc gets an ankle injury right? Before his shoulder problem, I think he injured it. Anyone clarify?

Talks to Goalposts 10-24-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt (Post 55252667)
This isn't the 1st time Leblanc gets an ankle injury right? Before his shoulder problem, I think he injured it. Anyone clarify?

He didn't miss any time at Harvard or Omaha the two years prior to playing for Montreal Juniors and I think his only major injury there was his injured shoulder that he played on for a year.

If he did have an ankle injury it wasn't one he missed a lot of games for.

habsprospects 10-24-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt (Post 55252667)

Palushaj.

Rise from the Ashes 10-24-2012 08:35 PM

Its just bad luck for Leblanc because he got the injury during a wrestling match near the boards.

Analyzer 10-24-2012 08:44 PM

All I gotta say is, keep at it, Corbin!

Rise from the Ashes 10-24-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 55259769)
All I gotta say is, keep at it, Corbin!

You dont notice him, except the offensive zone, which is a good thing.

S Bah 10-25-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts (Post 55252923)
He didn't miss any time at Harvard or Omaha the two years prior to playing for Montreal Juniors and I think his only major injury there was his injured shoulder that he played on for a year.

If he did have an ankle injury it wasn't one he missed a lot of games for.

Leblanc missed time at Harvard with a wrist injury that stopped him from being able to play for Team Canada that Christmas.He played the following year while playing for Montreal Juniors,other than the wrist no others reported from those days.

Talks to Goalposts 10-25-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S Bah (Post 55270173)
Leblanc missed time at Harvard with a wrist injury that stopped him from being able to play for Team Canada that Christmas.He played the following year while playing for Montreal Juniors,other than the wrist no others reported from those days.

He didn't play for Team Canada because he was a final cut (having to study for Harvard exams was cited as a factor) and played 31 of 33 games for Harvard. Like I said, he didn't miss significant time due to injury.