HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Adding "pizzaz!" to SBP (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1274917)

Qward 10-23-2012 07:48 PM

Adding "pizzaz!" to SBP

Another thread got me thinking.

Tampa Bay has Tesla coils to go along with their new scoreboard.
CBJ has a cannon.

What could Ottawa add to give the fans a little extra experience when going to SBP?

Please no linking the Spartan.:shakehead

saskriders 10-23-2012 07:53 PM

Leafs suck and Alfie chants

Or how about a Sens Museum, that would be sick. It could pay homage to the original and modern Senators, and it would be a way to pay homage to guys that were a significant part of the Sens, but won't have their number retired/honoured due to a short(ish) time with the team (Chara, Hossa, Havlat etc.)

GK 10-23-2012 07:55 PM

Well, we have a spartan as our logo, so we can really only do something spartan related.

Alfie chants are awesome though. I'm glad I was one of the first people to get responses from big people in Ottawa on twitter.

WasTeD 10-23-2012 08:11 PM

I like pepperoni pizzaz

Fenix Rises 2026 10-23-2012 08:14 PM

Goal cannon is wicked.

I'd like to see the team hire on some full time people to give the games an "artsy circus" feel. Hire some stilt walkers, people to walk around in crazy artsy costumes, etc. (Like festabrew in Gatineau this year, if anyone else caught that). Have bands playing in the atrium, and occasionally bring in some of the better fringe fest type acts to put on a show there.

saskriders 10-23-2012 08:24 PM

Just a thought.

If it wasn't for HF there would be no Alfie chants, and Jerkstore's jersey may not have gotten enough attention to get introduced by the team.

If someone in here comes up with a really good idea, we may be able to use social media, and SensChirp (who does have some formal relations with the Sens) to actually have the idea happen.

That would be pretty sick in my opinion

Marvelous Manked 10-23-2012 08:28 PM

Every goal, have a bunch of Spartans run through each section with swords just randomly yelling and doing tricks, like doing backflips off the 300s into the lower bowls.

EDIT: Fine, it appears as though I'm not allowed to use Spartans.

WasTeD 10-23-2012 08:33 PM

Mardi gras night :sarcasm:

Benny FTW 10-23-2012 08:36 PM

Qward 10-23-2012 08:36 PM

One thing I was thinking.

Have a marching sound playing through the arena and have Roman soldiers marching on the score board and around the light panels.

Before the game begins

Benny FTW 10-23-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 55229649)
Every goal, have a bunch of Spartans run through each section with swords just randomly yelling and doing tricks, like doing backflips off the 300s into the lower bowls.

EDIT: Fine, it appears as though I'm not allowed to use Spartans.

Parkour!

Qward 10-23-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny FTW (Post 55229899)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbpbmk1NiJ1qixtck.jpg

What did I say!?!

saskriders 10-23-2012 08:38 PM

I've always thought that for the playoffs we should have

Black towels in the 100s
White towels in the 200s
Red towels in the 300s

Qward 10-23-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskriders (Post 55229987)

Black towels in the 100s
White towels in the 200s
Red towels in the 300s

This is an idea I like.

Marvelous Manked 10-23-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskriders (Post 55229987)

Black towels in the 100s
White towels in the 200s
Red towels in the 300s

Racist?

ErikNorrisson 10-23-2012 09:26 PM

3D Spartan Helmet at the bench for the players to skate out of and some red lasers

Taoiseach 10-23-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 55230275)
Racist?

Okay -

Red towels in the 100s, White towels in the 200s, and Black towels in the 300s.

:sarcasm:

Taoiseach 10-23-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskriders (Post 55228417)
Or how about a Sens Museum, that would be sick. It could pay homage to the original and modern Senators, and it would be a way to pay homage to guys that were a significant part of the Sens, but won't have their number retired/honoured due to a short(ish) time with the team (Chara, Hossa, Havlat etc.)

If we could get this going, I would really like to be a part of it.

BonkTastic 10-23-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 55229907)
One thing I was thinking.

Have a marching sound playing through the arena and have Roman soldiers marching on the score board and around the light panels.

Before the game begins

The Sens already have an awesome Highlands marching band that plays in the concourse on all Thursday-Fri-Sat-Sun games.

They're my favorite current Sens gameday... thing.

WantEggRoll 10-23-2012 10:19 PM

Between periods they could have people fighting to the death at center ice on toga night. Throw in some lions as well as a few tigers and we've got ourselves a legit roman theme going on. Alfredsson could be brought back to do the whole "Thumbs up" or "Thumbs down" routine as the Senators' Emperor.

BonkTastic 10-23-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dblad the Impaler (Post 55229141)
Goal cannon is wicked.

I'd like to see the team hire on some full time people to give the games an "artsy circus" feel. Hire some stilt walkers, people to walk around in crazy artsy costumes, etc. (Like festabrew in Gatineau this year, if anyone else caught that). Have bands playing in the atrium, and occasionally bring in some of the better fringe fest type acts to put on a show there.

By "Atrium", do you mean inside the main gate, in the big open area near the box office? We did this at the beginning of the season, and we got so many complaints that we literally had to cancel the idea 1/2 way through the year.

The great thing about playoff hockey in Ottawa is that it's warm enough to have bands play just outside the main gate, but unfortunately, INSIDE the main gate (near the box offices and staircases to the 200/300 levels, the sound just carries way too much. The bands we had play were easily drowning out the rest of the arena.

OmniSens 10-23-2012 11:39 PM

Something simple when we score a goal. I like the Flames when they score, arena flashes a fire like color *orange*

We have the huge spotlight during the playoffs *Brighter* .

saskriders 10-23-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniSens (Post 55234931)
Something simple when we score a goal. I like the Flames when they score, arena flashes a fire like color *orange*

We have the huge spotlight during the playoffs *Brighter* .

:huh:

Never noticed that

They do have things that "shoot" a burst of fire though

OmniSens 10-24-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskriders (Post 55235165)
:huh:

Never noticed that

They do have things that "shoot" a burst of fire though

Right when the goal horn first sounds off, the arena flashes Orange. Youtube it, I'm too lazy to find a half decent video that shows it.

WilderPegasus* 10-24-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WantEggRoll (Post 55233211)
Between periods they could have people fighting to the death at center ice on toga night. Throw in some lions as well as a few tigers and we've got ourselves a legit roman theme going on. Alfredsson could be brought back to do the whole "Thumbs up" or "Thumbs down" routine as the Senators' Emperor.

Just lions, no tigers. But we should send the people who want "pizzaz!" to the lions.