HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   2013 NHL Mock Draft - October (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1274961)

spfan 10-23-2012 10:18 PM

2013 NHL Mock Draft - October
 
1.CBJ - F Nathan MacKinnon
2.FLA - D Seth Jones
3.PHX - F Alex Barkov
4.CGY - F Sean Monahan
5.EDM - D Ryan Pulock
6.TOR - F Elias Lindholm
7.MTL - F Jonathan Drouin
8.DAL - F Curtis Lazar
9.NYI - F Hunter Shinkaruk
10.AHM - D Rasmus Ristolainen
11.CAR - F Kerby Rychel
12.COL - F Adam Erne
13.NSH - F Max Domi
14.OTT - D Robert Hagg
15.NJD - G Zach Fucale
16.TBL - F Valeri Nichushkin
17.WPG - F Jacob De la rose
18.MIN - F Anthony Duclair
19.BUF - D Joshua Morrissey
20.SJ - D Darnell Nurse
21.DET - F William Carrier
22.PHI - D Nikita Zadorov
23.CBJ(from LA) - F Ryan Kujawinski
24.WSH - D Eric Roy
25.PIT - F Nick Sorensen
26.VAN - F Andre Burakovsky
27.CBJ(from NYR) - F Bo Horvat
28.CHI - G Eric Comrie
29.BOS - D Jordan Subban
30.STL - D Ian McCoshen

OvechkinTooth 10-26-2012 03:22 AM

Nichushkin too low. This guy still will prove it on WJC-18 and -20.

spfan 10-26-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OvechkinTooth (Post 55293157)
Nichushkin too low. This guy still will prove it on WJC-18 and -20.

Good size and great speed, but he hasn't produced all that well. Grigorenko was quite a bit better at the same age in my opinion and look how far Grigorenko fell. Nichushkin has shown less commitment than him to North America as well. Russian factor will be an even bigger factor for him.

WJC's will be a big part of his stock though, yes.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* 10-26-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OvechkinTooth (Post 55293157)
Nichushkin too low. This guy still will prove it on WJC-18 and -20.

Stop overrating Nichushkin, he doesn't deserve to be top 10 especially with the russian factor.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* 10-26-2012 07:18 AM

Josh Morrissey needs to be in the 10-12 range and Kerby Rychel is too high.

spfan 10-26-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh (Post 55294091)
Josh Morrissey needs to be in the 10-12 range and Kerby Rychel is too high.

He's a good d-man, but this a deep and very talented draft. He would have went top 10 in last years draft for sure though.

I love Kerby Rychel's complete game. Physical, two-way play and he's got a good shot.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* 10-26-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spfan (Post 55294169)
He's a good d-man, but this a deep and very talented draft. He would have went top 10 in last years draft for sure though.

I love Kerby Rychel's complete game. Physical, two-way play and he's got a good shot.

Even if it is a very good draft I still think Morrissey deserves to be drafted high and at the end of the season I think he will go in that range.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* 10-26-2012 07:48 AM

Also I don't think Jordan Subban will go in the first round, he's very skilled but his size is a huge issue.

OvechkinTooth 10-26-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh (Post 55294055)
Stop overrating Nichushkin, he doesn't deserve to be top 10 especially with the russian factor.

He deserve to be in top-10 at least. Yes, russian factor is a big drawback but this is one of the few Valeri's drawbacks.

Bernier the Boats 10-26-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh (Post 55294055)
Stop overrating Nichushkin, he doesn't deserve to be top 10 especially with the russian factor.

Nichushkin has better physical tools than Grigorenko and no attitude problems. If he were North American we would see comparisons of him to Rick Nash. I don't know about top 10, but he definitely justifies a selection anywhere between 7-13 in my mind.

LeHabsMan 10-27-2012 03:44 PM

I think Nichuskin is a bit low and Rychel is too high. Subban has great skill but is small for a defender so he will probably go in the 2nd. Anthony Mantha is a very good prospect that should go in the first.

1. Columbus: Nathan MacKinnon
2. Toronto: Seth Jones
3. Phoenix: Alex Barkov
4. Florida: Sean Monahan
5. Calgary: Hunter Shinkaruk
6. Anaheim: Elias Lindholm
7. New York I: Ryan Pulock
8. Edmonton: Rasmus Ristolainen
9. Montreal: Jonathan Drouin
10. Colorado: Adam Erne
11. New Jersey: Curtis Lazar
12. Nashville: Robert Hagg
13. Winnepeg: Valeri Nichuskin
14. Buffalo: Max Domi
15. Ottawa: Darnell Nurse
16. Dallas: Josh Morrisey
17. Carolina: Jacob De La Rose
18. Detroit: Kerby Rychel
19. Minnesota: Anthony Duclair
20. Tampa Bay: Nikita Zadorov
21. Philadelphia: Zach Fucale
22. San Jose: Andre Burakovsky
23. Vancouver: William Carrier
24. Pittsburgh: Arturri Lekhonen
25. Boston: Ryan Kujawinski
26. Columbus*: Steve Santini
27. Washington: Eric Roy
28. Chicago: Eric Comrie
29. St. Louis: Anthony Mantha
30. Columbus*: JT Compher

Sorensen and McCoshen can fall out of the 1st round too.

DuckJet 10-27-2012 05:53 PM

While I like Ristolainen, adding him would give us an overload of defensemen. We can make a top 6 just with our top young defenders that's without any of our established NHLers. I think Ducks would take Domi there.

spfan 10-28-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh (Post 55294321)
Also I don't think Jordan Subban will go in the first round, he's very skilled but his size is a huge issue.

5'9" isn't that bad. We'll see though.

spfan 10-28-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBurke (Post 55299041)
Nichushkin has better physical tools than Grigorenko and no attitude problems. If he were North American we would see comparisons of him to Rick Nash. I don't know about top 10, but he definitely justifies a selection anywhere between 7-13 in my mind.

Tarasenko and Kuznetsov are arguably both better at the same age than Nichushkin and look where they fell to. Grigorenko probably would have fell even more had he stayed in Russia. Some kind of Commitment is better than none.

spfan 10-28-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 55327951)
While I like Ristolainen, adding him would give us an overload of defensemen. We can make a top 6 just with our top young defenders that's without any of our established NHLers. I think Ducks would take Domi there.

I believe in Peter Holland being a good #2 center. Fowler, Lindholm are good for the future, but I think Ristolainen gives them something different and needed on the team.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* 10-28-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spfan (Post 55355389)
5'9" isn't that bad. We'll see though.

5'9 is very small...especially for a defender.

DuckJet 10-28-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spfan (Post 55355665)
I believe in Peter Holland being a good #2 center. Fowler, Lindholm are good for the future, but I think Ristolainen gives them something different and needed on the team.

Holland can be good but I doubt he can cross the 50 point threshold. The prospect of a Fowler-Sbisa, Ristolainen-Vatanen, Lindholm-Clark/Welinski blueline is simply orgasmic, but I think center depth is more important and Domi can give it to us. The blueline is solid without the addition of Rasmus.

I wouldn't be upset if we picked him, I'd just know we had a better option. Just my opinion.

Also where's Gauthier?

spfan 10-28-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 55363847)
Holland can be good but I doubt he can cross the 50 point threshold. The prospect of a Fowler-Sbisa, Ristolainen-Vatanen, Lindholm-Clark/Welinski blueline is simply orgasmic, but I think center depth is more important and Domi can give it to us. The blueline is solid without the addition of Rasmus.

I wouldn't be upset if we picked him, I'd just know we had a better option. Just my opinion.

Also where's Gauthier?

I respect your opinion.

I'm going to wait to see if Gauthier and Mantha can keep up the high production cause before the start of the season they weren't that highly regarded, so it should be based on more than 15-ish games. Gauthier's production is already slowly going down too. Amazing draft too, so it's hard to have everyone. Really makes up for the weak 2012 class.

spfan 10-28-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh (Post 55359245)
5'9 is very small...especially for a defender.

Yeah, but we've seen 5'6" and 5'7" forwards too.
Ryan Ellis and Ryan Murphy(while quite a bit better than J.Subban) are barely bigger than him.

NHL Fanatic 10-29-2012 09:33 PM

Nichushkin would be selected top 10 no doubt if he came to the CHL, but due to him signing in Russia he will probably drop out of the mix. He will be playing in the Canada- Russia series, and possibly the World Juniors so people will get to watch him fairly soon.

spfan 10-30-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic (Post 55386997)
Nichushkin would be selected top 10 no doubt if he came to the CHL, but due to him signing in Russia he will probably drop out of the mix. He will be playing in the Canada- Russia series, and possibly the World Juniors so people will get to watch him fairly soon.

I say Grigorenko was better at the same age. If Grigorenko can fall to 12, even with playing in North America, I can only imagine Nichushkin.

DuckJet 10-30-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spfan (Post 55363987)
Yeah, but we've seen 5'6" and 5'7" forwards too.
Ryan Ellis and Ryan Murphy(while quite a bit better than J.Subban) are barely bigger than him.

Sami Vatanen was about 5'9 when drafted and he looks like he deserves a top 4 spot in the NHL.

Bernier the Boats 10-30-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spfan (Post 55393357)
I say Grigorenko was better at the same age. If Grigorenko can fall to 12, even with playing in North America, I can only imagine Nichushkin.

The key to Grigorenko's fall was the character concerns, not the talent issues.

LetsGOJackets!! 10-30-2012 08:40 PM

Can you explain the draft order?
 
In a season that is not played don't they determine the order with a lottery? Non playoff teams get up to 3 entries, playoff teams 1?

spfan 10-30-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBurke (Post 55397087)
The key to Grigorenko's fall was the character concerns, not the talent issues.

I never said it was his talent that made him fall. I said he is better than Nichushkin and Nichushkin likely won't go higher than Grigorenko did.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.