HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   MADDEN CURSE: Is it too early to say it has another victim? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1275141)

indigobuffalo 10-24-2012 01:35 PM

MADDEN CURSE: Is it too early to say it has another victim?

Folks, I'm one of those unlucky ******** who drafted Megatron in the 1st round (8th OA) assuming another booming season.

To-date, 'Tron has been lacklustre, to say the least... Not only does it appear that the Madden Curse has claimed another victim, but it appears to have adopted a viral transmission and affected the whole Lions' team.

I'm trading Megatron, Leshoure and Kenny Britt today for Roddy White, Greg Jennings and Michael Turner, which I feel is still highway robbery (I'm the gunman).

Has anyone else learned their lesson?

New Sabres Captain 10-25-2012 02:01 PM

You might want to adjust that deal, Jennings is having surgery, may be back at the end of the year, but no timetable on return.

Trap Jesus 10-29-2012 07:23 AM

Never understood people taking him in the first round. WR is by far the most inconsistent position. Even last year he was held to under 90 yards for 5 straight weeks at the end of the (fantasy football) regular season, and only had one TD in that period. Plus, the WR position was so deep this year. He's amazing, but WRs can always be contained. It may not affect their team much because it opens up other players, but their fantasy numbers will take a big hit.

Fighter 10-29-2012 11:34 AM

So far he's been worse than Chris Johnson, which says A LOT about his horrible season.

Fixed to Ruin 10-29-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trap Jesus (Post 55367755)
Never understood people taking him in the first round. WR is by far the most inconsistent position. Even last year he was held to under 90 yards for 5 straight weeks at the end of the (fantasy football) regular season, and only had one TD in that period. Plus, the WR position was so deep this year. He's amazing, but WRs can always be contained. It may not affect their team much because it opens up other players, but their fantasy numbers will take a big hit.

This.

I am having just as much success drafting a trio of Colston, Decker, Williams (TB) in later rounds than those who took the big named receivers in the 1st round.

I used my early picks on RBs and QBs with a good TD to INT ratio.

All you really need from WR is an average 50 yards and 1 TD per game. Lots of guys can do that. Most big name WR are often double covered and completely taken out of the offense by the opposing defense.

Trap Jesus 10-29-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devils4cup (Post 55371493)
This.

I am having just as much success drafting a trio of Colston, Decker, Williams (TB) in later rounds than those who took the big named receivers in the 1st round.

I used my early picks on RBs and QBs with a good TD to INT ratio.

All you really need from WR is an average 50 yards and 1 TD per game. Lots of guys can do that. Most big name WR are often double covered and completely taken out of the offense by the opposing defense.

I always have to get that elite RB in round 1 and I'll usually go RB in round 2 as well, although I may take a receiver if it's a late pick in round 2. But yeah, there's really no rush to load up on receivers early nowadays, and good RBs are becoming a lot more scarce.

As for QBs, unless it's Rodgers, Brees or Brady, I'd wait until the mid-rounds. I don't care all that much about TD/INT ratio though. I find a 2 point deduction per INT (which I think is the norm in most leagues) is a small price to pay for a good number of yards and TDs. I took Eli Manning myself this year.

Psycho Dad 11-11-2012 06:33 PM

Well, 200+ yards and a TD today.

If he can perform like this through Week 16, all is forgiven.

Basement Cat 11-24-2012 03:55 PM

I'm one of the people who picked him early. He's been a beast the last four weeks.

Double-Shift Lassť 12-18-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Dad (Post 55699239)
Well, 200+ yards and a TD today.

If he can perform like this through Week 16, all is forgiven.

One week to go...

cybresabre 12-23-2012 02:20 AM

And there we go!

What a great way to end a fantasy season. I've got him for another two years, good lord that feels nice.

AmericanDream 07-08-2013 09:41 PM

now if Aaron Hernandez was on the cover I would really take that curse for real!!