HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   MSG Network to show KHL Games (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1275197)

charlie460 10-24-2012 03:36 PM

MSG Network to show KHL Games
 
MSG Networks, New York’s hockey home, will telecast two Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) games in October. The games, on Friday, October 26 and Wednesday, October 31 on MSG, will be presented at 1:00 p.m. Eastern with an encore presentation in primetime both nights at 8:00 p.m.

MSG’s John Giannone will call play-by-play alongside analyst Joe Micheletti from the MSG Studios at 11 Penn Plaza.

RGY 10-24-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie460 (Post 55251333)
MSG Networks, New York’s hockey home, will telecast two Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) games in October. The games, on Friday, October 26 and Wednesday, October 31 on MSG, will be presented at 1:00 p.m. Eastern with an encore presentation in primetime both nights at 8:00 p.m.

MSG’s John Giannone will call play-by-play alongside analyst Joe Micheletti from the MSG Studios at 11 Penn Plaza.

It's one thing for espn to do it to the NHL but this is James Dolan slapping Bettman and the other owners in the face. Like it.

Mr Writer 10-24-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie460 (Post 55251333)
MSG Networks, New York’s hockey home, will telecast two Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) games in October. The games, on Friday, October 26 and Wednesday, October 31 on MSG, will be presented at 1:00 p.m. Eastern with an encore presentation in primetime both nights at 8:00 p.m.

MSG’s John Giannone will call play-by-play alongside analyst Joe Micheletti from the MSG Studios at 11 Penn Plaza.


They should do a better job than the other two ESPN clowns. Although I had a good laugh at their representation of the game. It was hilarious. unprofessional, but hilarious.

charlie460 10-24-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Writer (Post 55251383)
They should do a better job than the other two ESPN clowns. Although I had a good laugh at their representation of the game. It was hilarious. unprofessional, but hilarious.

Yep. ESPN's broadcast(s) were incredibly unprofessional. I have more interest in watching just because it will have MSG commentary.

HatTrick Swayze 10-24-2012 03:50 PM

I think we've all known that Dolan was anti-Bettman/lockout, but in case there were any doubters left...

What a move.

Mr Writer 10-24-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie460 (Post 55251629)
Yep. ESPN's broadcast(s) were incredibly unprofessional. I have more interest in watching just because it will have MSG commentary.

I'm not a fan of the KHL or big ice hockey for that matter... but I am curious to see if a Canadian network picks up any games to see what kind of job CBC would do, with all due respect to MSG Network CBC and Hockey Night in Canada sets the gold standard for hockey broadcasts. In my humble opinion.

charlie460 10-24-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Writer (Post 55251763)
I'm not a fan of the KHL or big ice hockey for that matter... but I am curious to see if a Canadian network picks up any games to see what kind of job CBC would do, with all due respect to MSG Network CBC and Hockey Night in Canada sets the gold standard for hockey broadcasts. In my humble opinion.

I would tend to agree. :laugh:

Mr Writer 10-24-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze (Post 55251749)
I think we've all known that Dolan was anti-Bettman/lockout, but in case there were any doubters left...

What a move.

I love Dolan and I wish he and some of the other heavy hitters moderate owners rip away control of this league from Snider and Jacops et al.

we want cup 10-24-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie460 (Post 55251333)
MSG Networks, New York’s hockey home, will telecast two Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) games in October. The games, on Friday, October 26 and Wednesday, October 31 on MSG, will be presented at 1:00 p.m. Eastern with an encore presentation in primetime both nights at 8:00 p.m.

MSG’s John Giannone will call play-by-play alongside analyst Joe Micheletti from the MSG Studios at 11 Penn Plaza.

I predict name-butchering aplenty.

HatTrick Swayze 10-24-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by we want cup (Post 55251919)
I predict name-butchering aplenty.

Yea that's quite the KHL tandem. :biglaugh:

dccuse 10-24-2012 04:01 PM

Like

RGY 10-24-2012 04:02 PM

I wish more owners who want this lockout to end would do this.

I Eat Crow 10-24-2012 04:10 PM

I will probably utter this handful of words in this order for a couple more times in my life, so here it goes...

Good on Jimmy Dolan.

NYRFAN218 10-24-2012 04:14 PM

Still don't understand why they won't show Whale games. Do they think the KHL will bring in much more ratings than the AHL?

Kreider Typical 10-24-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 (Post 55252491)
Still don't understand why they won't show Whale games. Do they think the KHL will bring in much more ratings than the AHL?

i'd imagine khl rights are cheaper since it's an overseas market. ahl charges what? over $300 for their streaming package? i'm sure AHL is making more money off their package during the lockout than ever before

StaalWars 10-24-2012 05:02 PM

Awesome. This lockout is actually going to make me like James Dolan.

Clowes Line 10-24-2012 05:05 PM

In case no one noticed, one of the games is featuring Barys, which means we'll get to see Mac Truck :yo:

broadwayblue 10-24-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Writer (Post 55251853)
I love Dolan

You must be new around here. :D

Jabroni 10-24-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear (Post 55253761)
In case no one noticed, one of the games is featuring Barys, which means we'll get to see Mac Truck :yo:

Mac Truck, Dawes, Prucha, Semenov and Kovalchuk will be in the games.

Mr Writer 10-24-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 55253847)
You must be new around here. :D

I love him only because he's a major pain in GB's *** I long for the day when that little **** is banished back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Punxrocknyc19* 10-24-2012 05:38 PM

its a start but id rather watch some of the future Rangers....show some Conn Whale games please. they did this during the last lockout.. i dont understand since the Whale is part of the Rangers organization why cant they broadcast their games, even if it is on a delay during whenever the NHL season starts.. dont the Rangers organization have any say in this since it is most of their prospects?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.