HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Karlsson vs. Doughty vs. Pietrangelo (without a twist) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1275571)

NyQuil 10-25-2012 12:35 PM

Karlsson vs. Doughty vs. Pietrangelo (without a twist)
 
Pick these top 3 stars in order of who is the best defenceman?

struckbyaparkedcar 10-25-2012 12:37 PM

<3<3

Went PKD. I thought Pietrangelo was the best defenseman last season, and I'm not particularly high on Doughty after 1.5 seasons of below expectations to adequate play after a beastly 09-10. His playoffs, however, were very, very good, and it'll be interesting to see if the two guys ahead of him suffer similar regressions after clearly their best seasons.

Tim Vezina Thomas 10-25-2012 12:38 PM

Future or now?

NyQuil 10-25-2012 12:39 PM

"Who is the best defenceman?"

I didn't want to get into a "who is projected to be the best defenceman" discussion.

But if people feel that strongly about it, I'm guessing they'll vote that way anyway.

Milan the God* 10-25-2012 12:42 PM

KPD. Right now it's Karlason. Won the Norris while the other two weren't even finalists. In the future I'll stick with Karlason and I think Pietrangelo will be better than Doughty.

Jebus 10-25-2012 12:44 PM

Went with Drew>Alex>Erik but it wouldn't completely surprise me if Pietrangelo becomes the best defenseman down the road. Karlsson would have to score 120 points for me to overlook his defensive deficiencies and consider him the best.

Senacus Maximus 10-25-2012 12:50 PM

I don't like this.

The options make too much sense.

Chose option 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebus (Post 55273271)
Went with Drew>Alex>Erik but it wouldn't completely surprise me if Pietrangelo becomes the best defenseman down the road. Karlsson would have to score 120 points for me to overlook his defensive deficiencies and consider him the best.

It would take that many points? :shakehead

This is next level ridiculous right here.

Trap Jesus 10-25-2012 12:51 PM

1. Pietrangelo
2. Doughty
3. Karlsson

I'd rank them that way for right now and for the future.

Sureves 10-25-2012 12:55 PM

KPD for me.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER 10-25-2012 12:59 PM

1) Doughty

2) Pietrangelo

3) Karlsson

laundryman 10-25-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trap Jesus (Post 55273447)
1. Pietrangelo
2. Doughty
3. Karlsson

I'd rank them that way for right now and for the future.

This, although in the future I could see a 1a/1b sorta thing with Doughty and Pietrangelo

bp spec 10-25-2012 01:07 PM

Pietrangelo
Karlsson/Doughty

BlueDream 10-25-2012 01:07 PM

PKD. I think Petro is the most well-rounded and will be the best.

Sureves 10-25-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryman (Post 55273825)
This, although in the future I could see a 1a/1b sorta thing with Doughty and Pietrangelo

I have to say, this is very surprising coming from a Philly fan considering Karlsson's stat line last year against the Flyers was as follows:

GP 4
G 2
A 5
P 7
+5

Especially considering Philly outscored Ottawa 17-13 in those games and won 2 of the 4 games.

How bad could he possibly have been in the other non-Philly games you watched him that would make you feel this way?:laugh:

johnjm22 10-25-2012 01:17 PM

Doughty.

Karlsson and Pietrangelo had better regular seasons, but Drew has shown elite level skills on the worlds biggest stage (Stanley Cup finals & Olympics).

FishManSam 10-25-2012 01:22 PM

The correct answer is Piet-Doughty-Karlsson

The question ask "Who is the best defenseman"

One would have to kill penalties to be the best defenseman would he not?

NyQuil 10-25-2012 01:24 PM

Karlsson-Doughty-Pietrangelo.

SNES 10-25-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishManSam (Post 55274349)
The correct answer is Piet-Doughty-Karlsson

The real official correct answer is Karlsson-Pie-Doughty

Screw You Rick Nash 10-25-2012 01:26 PM

Karlsson
Pietrangelo
Doughty

saskriders 10-25-2012 01:32 PM

KPD, in the future it will be the same, but K and P will be more ahead of D

laundryman 10-25-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureves (Post 55274095)
I have to say, this is very surprising coming from a Philly fan considering Karlsson's stat line last year against the Flyers was as follows:

GP 4
G 2
A 5
P 7
+5

Especially considering Philly outscored Ottawa 17-13 in those games and won 2 of the 4 games.

How bad could he possibly have been in the other non-Philly games you watched him that would make you feel this way?:laugh:

It has nothing to do with Karlsson being bad. I know that he's a great player. I just think Doughty and Pietrangelo are more well rounded, better players.

Sureves 10-25-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishManSam (Post 55274349)
The correct answer is Piet-Doughty-Karlsson

The question ask "Who is the best defenseman"

One would have to kill penalties to be the best defenseman would he not?

So Kuba is a better defenseman than Karlsson? News to me!

SLAPSHOT723 10-25-2012 01:52 PM

Karlsson
Pietrangelo
Doughty

FishManSam 10-25-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureves (Post 55274809)
So Kuba is a better defenseman than Karlsson? News to me!

If you fail at reading comprehension yes, but if you have some sort of common sense no.

AceintheSpace* 10-25-2012 02:02 PM

Doughty-Pietrangelo-Karlsson


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.