HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Tonights game: Fla at Col (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12756)

Thewbacca 09-20-2003 03:59 AM

Tonights game: Fla at Col
 
Hurme and Scott could possible be starting if Luongo and Mason played last night. Does anyone know if we will be sending the same roster or will starters like Jokinen not go on the trip? Worrell won't be playing in this game since he injured his knee.

Clash* 09-20-2003 06:29 AM

I'd guess its the rest of the team that will be playin tonite. Until they par the roster down a bit more, its goin to be one group one nite, and the other the next.

Thewbacca 09-20-2003 10:29 AM

Sakic, Foote, and Kariya are expected not to play for colorado tonight. Found a list of roster that could be playing: http://www.coloradoavalanche.com/gameday/gamenotes.html

Crossbar 09-20-2003 11:52 AM

Good time to showcase Hurme to the Avs :rolleyes:

Chaos2k7 09-20-2003 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbar
Good time to showcase Hurme to the Avs :rolleyes:

Here is the game link...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/score...LORIDA---0.htm

Updated Live!!

2-0 Panthers after 1!!

Weiss Scores, Bednar Scores!!

Coolburn 09-20-2003 04:54 PM

Its good to see Weiss score & on the PP (assisted by Hagman & Van Ryn). I was trying to find somewhere that updated live too after finding that the radio link on the Av's site was a game from last yr instead. Its starting to look like Van Ryn really has a good shot at making the team. I wonder who doesn't make the squad if that happens.

#edit# Av's just scored early in the 2nd period [MAREK SVATOS 1 (ALEX TANGUAY, MILAN HEJDUK) 3:30]

Chaos2k7 09-20-2003 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichPanther
Its good to see Weiss score & on the PP (assisted by Hagman & Van Ryn). I was trying to find somewhere that updated live too after finding that the radio link on the Av's site was a game from last yr instead. Its starting to look like Van Ryn really has a good shot at making the team. I wonder who doesn't make the squad if that happens.


Well they say he is fairly physical and Biron is on a new three-year contract... I would say the odd man out is: Pavel Trnka

Mezei, Odelein, Van Ryn, and Bouwmeester play physical enough to be able to leave off Trnka and remember they still have Grant McNeill...

Shame though... We have a lot of promising defensemen...

Coolburn 09-20-2003 05:08 PM

The Av's board has a gameday thread with some quicker updates. Current score is 2-2 with Hejduk tieing it up.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=12609

Enoch 09-20-2003 05:09 PM

2-2 Avs

Hejduk scores

Enoch 09-20-2003 05:10 PM

3 - 2 Avs

Kariya scores off a Selanne rebound.

Enoch 09-20-2003 05:13 PM

Hejduk makes it 4-2 Avs on the PP. Wow, two goals in quick succession ;/

Coolburn 09-20-2003 05:19 PM

woohoo Stewart scores on the PP (Van Ryn assists again...he's earning his spot).

Enoch 09-20-2003 05:33 PM

Tanguay on the PP 5 - 3 Avs....high scoring game.

Thewbacca 09-20-2003 05:42 PM

Hurme still in net?

Coolburn 09-20-2003 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thewselius
Hurme still in net?

no, I think Travis Scott is in net now

Heimy 09-20-2003 05:53 PM

It'd be nice to know who we've got in the lineup wouldn't it? :dunno:

syinura 09-20-2003 05:54 PM

Svatos just put one top shelf, 6-3 to the Avs

Coolburn 09-20-2003 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heimy
It'd be nice to know who we've got in the lineup wouldn't it? :dunno:

Only players I know for certain that are in the game are Weiss, Bednar, Kolnik, Hagman, Stewart, Horton, Van Ryn, & Biron. But there is the link that says who the expected lineups were for both that Thewselius posted earlier.

Enoch 09-20-2003 06:08 PM

Horton jsut scored again on the PP from Weiss and somone else :dunno:

Enoch 09-20-2003 06:19 PM

Niko SH EN goal...

Looks like the young guys impressed tonight

Horton and Svatos played excellent.

Heimy 09-20-2003 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichPanther
Only players I know for certain that are in the game are Weiss, Bednar, Kolnik, Hagman, Stewart, Horton, Van Ryn, & Biron. But there is the link that says who the expected lineups were for both that Thewselius posted earlier.


Thanks RichPanther and Thewselius, I see 'em now.

Coolburn 09-21-2003 03:49 AM

According to the Sun-Sentinel & Miami Herald, Hagman, Novo, & Shvidki had some pretty bad games and spent a lot of time on the bench in the 2nd period (when the Avs lit us up for 5 goals). Rossiter was the reason on 2 of the goals. The defense wasn't that great this game but obviously we were missing our 2 backbone defenders in Jay Bo & Mezei. I don't think Gill is going to make the team now with all the issues he's having on the ice. Van Ryn has proved why he was playing 20 mins a game along Pronger at one point. Its pretty obvious that Keenan is still not a fan of Weiss, who had 1g 1a last nite, with his comment that Weiss' game was only 'decent'. I think the key point in this game is that the PP scored goals and often (3 of 7) which was a problem last yr. Right now the Cats have the most goals scored (13) in the NHL preseason, another supposed problem from last yr. Let's hope all this carries over into the regular season.

Heimy 09-21-2003 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichPanther
According to the Sun-Sentinel & Miami Herald, Hagman, Novo, & Shvidki had some pretty bad games and spent a lot of time on the bench in the 2nd period (when the Avs lit us up for 5 goals). Rossiter was the reason on 2 of the goals. The defense wasn't that great this game but obviously we were missing our 2 backbone defenders in Jay Bo & Mezei. I don't think Gill is going to make the team now with all the issues he's having on the ice. Van Ryn has proved why he was playing 20 mins a game along Pronger at one point. Its pretty obvious that Keenan is still not a fan of Weiss, who had 1g 1a last nite, with his comment that Weiss' game was only 'decent'. I think the key point in this game is that the PP scored goals and often (3 of 7) which was a problem last yr. Right now the Cats have the most goals scored (13) in the NHL preseason, another supposed problem from last yr. Let's hope all this carries over into the regular season.


Smells like these guys are being set up to fail. I don't know whether Keenan played these 3 wingers as a line together or, if not, what the lines were and who was centering them. I DO know that Denis Shvidki is getting a raw deal (again) if he's not being used on one of the top 2 lines.

Either way, I am NOT happy about this :mad:

Club301 09-21-2003 10:09 AM

I agree with your comments about Shvidki. It seems like he shows flashes of brilliance, but he never gets the chance to be consistent, cause Mike won't keep him on one of the top two lines. He's finally injury free, he should get a bigger shot before its too late.

Coolburn 09-21-2003 11:30 AM

What's weird is a lot of the reports from camp had Shvidki paired with Olli & Viktor on the top line and they were dominant (specifically Denis & Jokinen together). Why does Keenan not do the same thing in the games is beyond me :dunno: I just hope that if/when Shvidki is traded, its not to an Eastern Conference team so he doesn't come back to bite us in the ass too much.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.