HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   6th most imactful player (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1275621)

saskriders 10-25-2012 02:12 PM

6th most imactful player

1st-Alife-God Transcends Polls
2nd-Spezza-58.97%
3rd-Yashin-32.86%
4th-Karlsson-33.90%
5th-Redden-36.84%

Wasn't a lot of votes in the last one, if that trend continues then I will probably end the series

Benny FTW 10-25-2012 02:22 PM

Heatley and then Phillips.

hockeyalltheway 10-25-2012 02:46 PM

Heatley has a solid claim, but my vote goes to Lalime. He was stellar most of the time, except in those damn Leafs series that still haunt us to this day. I'd say that's a pretty big impact.

CanadianHockey 10-25-2012 03:34 PM

Hossa then Heatley then Phillips, for me, I think.

PierreMcGuire* 10-25-2012 03:54 PM

Heatley.

danishh 10-25-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianHockey (Post 55278075)
Hossa then Heatley then Phillips, for me, I think.

flipped hossa and heatley for me.

Hossa was part of those teams that was always a bit too short, and he was very much like those teams, almost, but not quite, elite.

Heatley, on the other hand, was pretty much the best goal-scorer in the league for his first three seasons. Yes, hossa was more well rounded, but he was never quite elite.

Hossa era teams were also built more as 'teams', whereas when we had heatley, all the attention was on that one line (especially once havlat departed).

Germz 10-25-2012 04:00 PM

Tough call.

Hossa's arrival signalled the team's progression from good young team to potential contender.
Chara's emergence cemented our contender status and gave us arguably the best d-corps in the league.
Heatley's arrival put a big spotlight on the franchise, gave us the best scoring line in hockey, and gave us the prestige of having a 50-goal Canadian superstar.

Hossa and Chara played significant roles in 2003. Heatley in 2007.

It's a toss-up really.

I will take Heatley.

ReginKarlssonLehner 10-25-2012 05:15 PM

Hossa, my all-time fav Senator.

CanadianHockey 10-25-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 55278675)
flipped hossa and heatley for me.

Hossa was part of those teams that was always a bit too short, and he was very much like those teams, almost, but not quite, elite.

Heatley, on the other hand, was pretty much the best goal-scorer in the league for his first three seasons. Yes, hossa was more well rounded, but he was never quite elite.

Hossa era teams were also built more as 'teams', whereas when we had heatley, all the attention was on that one line (especially once havlat departed).

They were neck and neck for me in terms of impact. Hossa is my all time favourite Senator which ultimately is why I went with him