HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   OT: Xbox 360 - Be a GM NHL 13 Sim League - Thread #4 - OPEN SPOTS LOOKING FOR GMS! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1275779)

RedWhiteBlackGold 10-25-2012 08:29 PM

Continue discussions here.

Benny FTW 10-25-2012 08:32 PM

MAK if it gets vetoed you can tweak it and try again. You dont have to quit over something so little.

MAK19 10-25-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny FTW (Post 55285799)
MAK if it gets vetoed you can tweak it and try again. You dont have to quit over something so little.

Whatever I do you're not gonna think it's fair.

I want a quantity for quality trade because I have too many bodies. I can't afford them all.

very few trades are fair. There is often a winner and a loser. If this was a human and a human, you wouldn't give this a 2nd thought

Deku Scrub 10-25-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 55285859)

I want a quantity for quality trade because I have too many bodies. I can't afford them all.

If you have too many bodies you don't have to give them to the CPU for better players. You could offer those guys to human GMs for picks or give them to the CPU for picks...

derriko 10-25-2012 08:39 PM

Idk why Kostitsyn regressed 3 overall. If he didnt, I wouldve said yes. Also, it seems like Brassard is mega overrated. 87 overall? Wtf...now if this was a real life trade it wouldve been even. Irl Kostitsyn is a physical 25 goal scorer.

Those two 70 something overalls have 3.5 potential right? If Mak adds a 2nd Im good with it. Kostitsyn should rebound a little back to a 2nd liner.

MAK19 10-25-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deku Scrub (Post 55285953)
If you have too many bodies you don't have to give them to the CPU for better players. You could offer those guys to human GMs for picks or give them to the CPU for picks...

I've been trying. No one is interested.

Mitchell, Hickey, Martinez, Backes, Kostitsyn, Willams, Legwand, O'Reilly, Niemi.... these guys are available and it's been posted many times

I've been PMing guys who seem to have holes at these positions and no interest

RedWhiteBlackGold 10-25-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derriko (Post 55286041)
Idk why Kostitsyn regressed 3 overall. If he didnt, I wouldve said yes. Also, it seems like Brassard is mega overrated. 87 overall? Wtf...now if this was a real life trade it wouldve been even. Irl Kostitsyn is a physical 25 goal scorer.

Those two 70 something overalls have 3.5 potential right? If Mak adds a 2nd Im good with it. Kostitsyn should rebound a little back to a 2nd liner.

I would agree. I was undecided because it's close in value, but this game and real life is absolutely different. I think a 2nd added would even things up for me.

Benny FTW 10-25-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 55285859)

very few trades are fair. There is often a winner and a loser. If this was a human and a human, you wouldn't give this a 2nd thought

Because the AI is an idiot and doesn't understand real trade value.

Also, if you added like a pick or something i think most people would be ok with it.

Maybe AI trades was a bad idea... lol

MAK19 10-25-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derriko (Post 55286041)

If this was a real life trade, I would be the one getting fleeced big time. Backes is awesome

stempniaksen 10-25-2012 08:42 PM

If you're gonna do quantity for quality don't use the CPU's, that's how they get gutted. It's not so bad when it's 1 or 2 deals, but if everyone offers CBJ a quantity for quality deal they'll end up with a whole lot of nothing.

Not even sure why we opened up trading with computers to be honest, it leads to issues in most leagues I've ever been in. On that basis alone I'll vote no to all three trades, but if the rest of the league thinks it should pass I'll be okey with it.

Deku Scrub 10-25-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 55286081)

Mitchell, Hickey, Martinez, Backes, Kostitsyn, Willams, Legwand, O'Reilly, Niemi.... these guys are available and it's been posted many times

I would be interested in Backes if he was listed as a winger and Martinez if I had cap space...

I'd be fine with the deal if you added a second round pick too.

Benny FTW 10-25-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 55286081)

Maybe people were waiting to see who they got from free agency?

AJC 2121 10-25-2012 08:46 PM

League Reset?

After looking at some of the CPU rosters I doubt there is any way we get people to fill the empty GM spots. Too many teams are completely crippled right now and add to that our poor understanding of how EA was going to handle player resignings. We're only 1 season into the league so why not reset and get actual GMs instead of having to trade with the CPU? Just a thought, don't come down on me too hard :)

Benny FTW 10-25-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJC 2121 (Post 55286269)
After looking at some of the CPU rosters I doubt there is any way we get people to fill the empty GM spots. Too many teams are completely crippled right now and add to that our poor understanding of how EA was going to handle player resignings. We're only 1 season into the league so why not reset and get actual GMs instead of having to trade with the CPU? Just a thought, don't come down on me too hard :)

Thats what she said.

MAK19 10-25-2012 08:51 PM

I don't want to give up a 2nd

Moller and Schlemko actually have value to me. I ideally I'd move out Mitchell (Jeeks???) and Hickey and keep Schlemko. Moller I would like to keep and see if he can get up to 78ish.

They have value, not just throw ins to me.

Deku Scrub 10-25-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJC 2121 (Post 55286269)

It's not a bad idea in theory, but I really don't want to restart after the changes I've made to my team. I think other people will also think the same way about this.

moz 10-25-2012 08:57 PM

I really don't want to reset just because we're through the hardest part already. I want to see the league reach 15 or 20 years, not constantly sputtering out because people are too busy to check the mode for 15 minutes 3 times a week or quit over absolutely nothing. But I definitely understand that we'll have trouble recruiting new GMs in our current state, and I want 30 active GMs.

If we do restart, would anyone be interested in randomized rosters?

For the record, I don't have an issue with the Brassard trade. There's been plenty of human GM quantity trades where I think one team gets a huge advantage. The way we are breaking down the trade could be done with a dozen other accepted deals. I don't like the idea of us negotiating on CBJ's behalf to make it more even, what's to stop us from forcing extra out of every GM under the guise of fairness?. I don't know, it's messy. I'd say no CPU trades period but with so many open spots it's tough.

MAK19 10-25-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moz (Post 55286557)
I really don't want to reset just because we're through the hardest part already. I want to see the league reach 15 or 20 years, not constantly sputtering out because people are too busy to check the mode for 15 minutes 3 times a week or quit over absolutely nothing. But I definitely understand that we'll have trouble recruiting new GMs in our current state, and I want 30 active GMs.

For the record, I don't have an issue with the Brassard trade. There's been plenty of human GM quantity trades where I think one team gets a huge advantage. The way we are breaking down the trade could be done with a dozen other accepted deals. I don't like the idea of us negotiating on CBJ's behalf to make it more even, what's to stop us from forcing extra out of every GM under the guise of fairness?. I don't know, it's messy. I'd say no CPU trades period but with so many open spots it's tough.

thank you

yes I would like the randomizing

Deku Scrub 10-25-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moz (Post 55286557)

Now that I think about it, the Skinner trade was kind of lopsided in St Louis' favor, so I should probably shut my mouth. Although I don't mind that I overpayed because the deal still works for me.

I'm actually trying to get a random rosters league going on the main board, but am struggling to fill it up and some of the first guys to sign up have backed out without saying a word or don't seem to care anymore.

moz 10-25-2012 09:09 PM

Confirmed deal.

Dallas gets Savard
Boston gets 5th round pick

Benny FTW 10-25-2012 09:11 PM

I dont think we aren't getting more GMs because the AI teams got screwed, i think its simply because there is no one else.

MAK19 10-25-2012 09:13 PM

I don't understand the need to 'protect' the AIs if no one else will join. We should just raid them

RISPECK CLASS 101 10-25-2012 09:27 PM

I'd be happy with a random roster reroll, but everyone has to keep the teams now or at least pick their teams prior to the randomization

Benny FTW 10-25-2012 09:32 PM

Im 50/50 on starting again but if we did I would prefer random rosters with teams selected before creation.

Or to make things interesting we could have all rosters posted and San Jose would get 1st selection because he just won the cup, then it would be whichever team made it to the cup finals and so on and so on. Which means i pick last...

derriko 10-25-2012 09:48 PM

Idk about restarting. Out of my 40 roster spots, over half of them werent on Nashville to begin with. I like my team as is. With that said, I wont drop out or lose interest if we restart. Ive spent a lot of hours so far, but if more people are happy, Ill go along with it.

We NEED to get guarantees from prospective Gm's though first if we were to restart. If we restart and nonody else joins ill be pissed