HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Fla-bos (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1275791)

Montecristo 10-25-2012 08:57 PM

Fla-bos

To Boston
Nick bjugstad

To Florida
Chris Kelly
Alex khoklachev

TheJuxtaposer 10-25-2012 09:04 PM

I'll save you some time: No way in hell for Florida.

Vankiller Whale 10-25-2012 09:07 PM

Why does Boston need any more centres anyways? Apart from the fact that Florida says no way in heck.

Montecristo 10-25-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 55286731)
I'll save you some time: No way in hell for Florida.

Really?
I figured Kelly helps shore up your bottom six and koko gives you a high level top 6 prospect capable of playing center or wing. Maybe it's worth a "no way"for florida but "no way in hell" I was not expecting. Is he just an untouchable prospect or should Boston add more?

Vankiller Whale 10-25-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montecristo (Post 55286821)
Really?
I figured Kelly helps shore up your bottom six and koko gives you a high level top 6 prospect capable of playing center or wing. Maybe it's worth a "no way"for florida but "no way in hell" I was not expecting. Is he just an untouchable prospect or should Boston add more?

Bjugstad is the only blue-chip centre prospect Florida has(assuming Huberdeau plays wing). He'll eventually fit one of Florida's biggest needs at the moment.

y2kcanucks 10-25-2012 09:11 PM

Florida says no way in hades.

DohBruins 10-25-2012 09:13 PM

Yes, please.

But seriously, why in the world would Florida do this?

Bjugstad looks like he will be a perfect two-way second line center, for a 3rd line scoring/checking forward and an iffy prospect, it's not worth it. Bruins aren't exactly dying to move Kelly either.

Both teams would say no.

Montecristo 10-25-2012 09:26 PM

If florida was in "win now" mode they would be a stronger team in the short term with Kelly. I see bjugstad as a good 2nd line C/great 3rd line C in the future and koko as a potential 2nd line wing down the road. Florida and Boston seem to have a strong trade relationship maybe the B's swap out koko for spooner?

TheJuxtaposer 10-25-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montecristo (Post 55287259)
If florida was in "win now" mode they would be a stronger team in the short term with Kelly. I see bjugstad as a good 2nd line C/great 3rd line C in the future and koko as a potential 2nd line wing down the road. Florida and Boston seem to have a strong trade relationship maybe the B's swap out koko for spooner?

Then I believe you underestimate Bjugstad. I think he could be a #1b type of center.

PierreMcGuire* 10-25-2012 10:17 PM

Terrible for the Panthers.

Howboutthempanthers 10-26-2012 03:15 AM

Nope. This makes no sense for the Panthers. Forget the fact that that's not enough from the Bruins in that deal, why would the Panthers want to trade Bjugstad?

Coolburn 10-26-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 55288735)
Then I believe you underestimate Bjugstad. I think he could be a #1b type of center.

This FTW. Thats how most Panther fans and obviously Dale Tallon sees Bjugstad as well. Tallon has preached since he got hired that FL needs to get bigger down the middle and there's no one bigger than Bjugstad. Doesnt matter about value or not, he's just a prospect that is next to untouchable (if he actually isnt untouchable).
Quote:

Originally Posted by Montecristo (Post 55287259)

Why do you believe florida is in a "win now" mode exactly? Tallon said it was going to be a 5 yr rebuild and we're in yr 3 right now but just a little ahead of schedule. Ownership (and I work for the primary owner) has said many times that we're just ahead of schedule on the rebuild but we're not shortcircuiting that early because of last season's success. Bjugstad should be at least a great 2nd line center and possibly an average 1st line center. Value-wise you're off the mark considerably

Tim Vezina Thomas 10-26-2012 07:42 AM

Value wise I'd do it, but I'm not sure I would realistically. Kelly is a very important piece to our bottom six and hes a recently re signed assistant captain. Plus, Bjustad is a blue chipper, but Koko is a top six prospect as well who could surprise some people down the line, should have been a first round pick.

I'd love to add Bujstad, but I really dont think Chiarelli would do this to be honest. Hes always loved Kelly and just re signed him to a cap friendly deal. Hes also pretty high on Koko.

Bruins want to win now, trading Kelly for Bjustad doesnt help this team right now. Value wise Florida wins tho, bottom six vet and a top prospect for a blue chip prospect doesnt really make sense for Florida.

Montecristo 10-26-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 55293607)
This FTW. Thats how most Panther fans and obviously Dale Tallon sees Bjugstad as well. Tallon has preached since he got hired that FL needs to get bigger down the middle and there's no one bigger than Bjugstad. Doesnt matter about value or not, he's just a prospect that is next to untouchable (if he actually isnt untouchable).Why do you believe florida is in a "win now" mode exactly? Tallon said it was going to be a 5 yr rebuild and we're in yr 3 right now but just a little ahead of schedule. Ownership (and I work for the primary owner) has said many times that we're just ahead of schedule on the rebuild but we're not shortcircuiting that early because of last season's success. Bjugstad should be at least a great 2nd line center and possibly an average 1st line center. Value-wise you're off the mark considerably

I was always under the impression that his ceiling was a poor 1st line center and his floor was a great 3rd line center. I think it's tough to say a prospect is going to be a great 2line center at the least. It's prettytough to be a great 2 line center. And since he has never played in NHL it's tough to assume he'll adjust the way he needs to. He could be Ryan getzlaf, or he could be joe Colborne.

ShootIt 10-26-2012 02:12 PM

Nope.

Florida declines.

Minnesota 10-26-2012 02:51 PM

The Minnesotan stays in Florida.

AwesomePanthers 10-26-2012 02:52 PM

Not even close to even being considered.

Mione134 10-26-2012 03:40 PM

We dont need any more centers.

SouthFLFan79 10-26-2012 06:46 PM

better chance of having a blizzard in miami

Gudbranson4Prez 10-28-2012 07:56 AM

LMAO... We gave you Horton for Bjugstad.. You want him for Khocklachev lol

Beezeral 10-28-2012 09:19 AM

Florida has more than enough solid bottom 6 guys to trade a top prospect for a 3rd liner and a lesser prospect.

MapleReef 10-28-2012 09:20 AM

To Vancouver Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montecristo (Post 55286553)
To Boston
Nick bjugstad

To Florida
Chris Kelly
Alex khoklachev

I thought Bjugstad was going to Vancouver for Luongo!

Dr Danglefest 10-28-2012 02:07 PM

Oh dear god...

Just no

Shawnathon 10-30-2012 04:57 PM

Yeah right.