HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Canucks Overseas? (UPD, Dec 26: Raymond signs in Allsvenskan in Sweden) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1275835)

roach9 10-25-2012 10:29 PM

Canucks Overseas? (UPD, Dec 26: Raymond signs in Allsvenskan in Sweden)

Every other team has a plethora of players that are gone to Europe or Russia... what's keeping the Canucks around town? :S

I actually like the fact that they're sticking together and seemingly practicing together; but I don't see why other teams wouldn't do this as well? Keep the team bonding and chemistry going through the lockout.. makes sense to me. I personally don't understand going to Europe for pennies and risking injury for... what?

VinnyC 10-25-2012 10:37 PM

Weise is playing in the Dutch league. Joke's on you! :naughty:

Hammer79 10-25-2012 10:59 PM

Players are going to Europe to keep their skills sharp. Also, it puts pressure on the owners, since the owners leverage against the players is to miss paycheques.

Why haven't the Canucks gone to the other side of the pond? Well...

Daniel and Henrik: young families makes moving inconvenient
Roberto: young family plus wife concerns. If she doesn't like him playing on the other side of the continent, how would she tolerate him playing in Sweden or Russia?
Burrows: ?
Kesler: injured, still getting IR money
Booth: ?
Malhotra & Schneider: Part of NHLPA negotiating group, Schneider is thinking of going to Europe if deal isn't made soon.
Higgins: ?
Hansen: ?
Lapierre: ?
Weise: Dutch league
Bieksa: ?
Garrison: ?
Hamhuis: ?
Edler: On IR
Ballard: ?
Alberts: ?

Wisp 10-25-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinnyC (Post 55289311)
Weise is playing in the Dutch league. Joke's on you! :naughty:

Do any of us really consider Weise a Vancouver Canuck? REALLY?

PG Canuck 10-26-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisp (Post 55290069)
Do any of us really consider Weise a Vancouver Canuck? REALLY?

He's Canucks property, so yes.

me2 10-26-2012 12:08 AM

I wonder about the Gillis factor being a recent ex-agent he might have more rapport.

Wisp 10-26-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PG Canuck (Post 55291237)
He's Canucks property, so yes.

Yes, technically. In my heart? No way. He's just some punk they found in the couch cushions.

(he didn't leave a good impression with me for the short period of time he was on twitter)

ihaveyuidonttouchme 10-26-2012 12:25 AM

I really wonder what Burrows has been up to lately..along with Schneids

Vankiller Whale 10-26-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer79 (Post 55289867)
Players are going to Europe to keep their skills sharp. Also, it puts pressure on the owners, since the owners leverage against the players is to miss paycheques.

Roberto: young family plus wife concerns. If she doesn't like him playing on the other side of the continent, how would she tolerate him playing in Sweden or Russia?
Malhotra & Schneider: Part of NHLPA negotiating group, Schneider is thinking of going to Europe if deal isn't made soon.

Doesn't Garrison have a groin injury or something?

PG Canuck 10-26-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisp (Post 55291445)
Yes, technically. In my heart? No way. He's just some punk they found in the couch cushions.

(he didn't leave a good impression with me for the short period of time he was on twitter)

Weise is only 24 years old, so I'm willing to give him a chance to improve as a 4th line player before I start hounding on him. With the players in our system though, such as Friesen, Mallet, he'll have competition very soon.

Also, what happened on Twitter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme (Post 55291577)

Haven['t heard much, if anything at all about Burr, but I think Schneids has been with the Sedins and some others. Sedins, Schneider, Bieksa, Manny and some others played volleyball at UBC a while ago. So there's quite a few guys hanging out with each still.

Wisp 10-26-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PG Canuck (Post 55291959)
Weise is only 24 years old, so I'm willing to give him a chance to improve as a 4th line player before I start hounding on him. With the players in our system though, such as Friesen, Mallet, he'll have competition very soon.

Also, what happened on Twitter?

Used it to score on the lady fans while also using it to piss on any fan who dissed him.

Hansen 36 10-26-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer79 (Post 55289867)

Hansen's in Winnipeg with his new wife skating with NHL'ers there, at least as long as there's a decent amount of guys there. After that, he'll either come back to Vancouver or go back to Europe, he mentioned going back to Denmark if the full season is lost, but only Rodovre and that's just a minor possibility.

PG Canuck 10-26-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisp (Post 55292223)
Used it to score on the lady fans while also using it to piss on any fan who dissed him.

So, he was basically Biznasty.

PierreMcGuire* 10-26-2012 01:39 AM

Not good enough :sarcasm:

Or perhaps they know the lockout is coming to an end shortly :naughty:

Jevo 10-26-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hansen 36 (Post 55292459)
Hansen's in Winnipeg with his new wife skating with NHL'ers there, at least as long as there's a decent amount of guys there. After that, he'll either come back to Vancouver or go back to Europe, he mentioned going back to Denmark if the full season is lost, but only Rodovre and that's just a minor possibility.

Actually he's back in Denmark now, training with Rødovre, his hometown team. For the moment he's just training, but if the lockout looks to extend into December, without an end being in sight, he will sign with them.

Hansen 36 10-26-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jevo (Post 55292645)
Actually he's back in Denmark now, training with Rødovre, his hometown team. For the moment he's just training, but if the lockout looks to extend into December, without an end being in sight, he will sign with them.

Ah, nice. I haven't seen anything about him since September, thanks for the update. :D

VinnyC 10-26-2012 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme (Post 55291577)

IIRC Burrows recently partook in a couple of charity games out in Quebec with other NHL'ers.

Oxim Oresi 10-26-2012 02:45 AM

Turns out Schneider has a Swiss grandmother and is therefore Swiss himself. That means he can sign in Switzerland without counting as a foreigner.

Dream Big 10-26-2012 03:54 AM

First break they've had from hockey in 7 years?

Alflives 10-26-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roach9 (Post 55289099)
Every other team has a plethora of players that are gone to Europe or Russia... what's keeping the Canucks around town? :S

I actually like the fact that they're sticking together and seemingly practicing together; but I don't see why other teams wouldn't do this as well? Keep the team bonding and chemistry going through the lockout.. makes sense to me. I personally don't understand going to Europe for pennies and risking injury for... what?

Canucks' players (perhaps) have a stronger sense of responsibility to their fellow union brothers? Maybe that's part of what makes them one of the elite teams? It's one of the non-measurable intangibles.

Alflives 10-26-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxim Oresi (Post 55293025)
Turns out Schneider has a Swiss grandmother and is therefore Swiss himself. That means he can sign in Switzerland without counting as a foreigner.

Is Snieder not a team union rep.? If he 'pulls the pin' and heads to Europe, would that not be considered selfish, especially considering his current position with the team?

Reign Nateo 10-26-2012 11:06 AM

On eliteprospects.com I saw Cory Schneider to Switzerland as a "transfer rumor."

Taelin 10-26-2012 11:06 AM

News1130Sports:
Quote:

Reports say that #Canucks goalie Cory Schneider talking with a team in Switzerland about a job.

sunnyvale420 10-26-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisp (Post 55291445)

You know what's worse than than a 4th liner on twit-ter?

Jake 10-26-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jevo (Post 55292645)

And a link to a google translated source. If anyone cares. :)