HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Luke Adam and a young defenseman for a wing prospect (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1275839)

lifeisruff 10-25-2012 11:35 PM

Luke Adam and a young defenseman for a wing prospect

Young defensemen as in Pysyk, Brennan or McNabb (McNabb only if we resign Regher)

Yeah I know I sound really desprete, but the NHL is locked out, and the Bills are imploding, again, and I haven't seen a sabres trade proposal recently

Zip15 10-25-2012 11:38 PM

I like our prospect situation right now. I'm not anxious to move either Pysyk or McNabb, either. In any event, a package like Brennan + Adam isn't going to net the organization much value right now.

tsujimoto74 10-26-2012 01:17 AM

Not even slightly interested in moving Pysyk or McNabb right now. Pysyk's completely wowed me with his play in the AHL so far this season, and McNabb's combination of physicality and offense is something the Sabres definitely need more of, not less.

Exit Dose 10-26-2012 01:18 AM

Had the Ducks priorities not shifted over the summer, I'd say that we would be a good match here. Maybe it will start making sense again around the TDL.

HiddenInLight 10-26-2012 07:20 AM

Unless it is a REALLY good wing prospect I have zero interest in moving McNabb or Pysyk.

Henkka 10-26-2012 07:53 AM

Pysyk to Detroit.

Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco.

We have too many decent Winger prospects and need a defenceman. Especially right-handed.

416Leafer 10-26-2012 08:01 AM

What's Luke Adam like defensively? And what do you think his ceiling is? He seems to have decent size, ok hands but probably not good enoguh to ever really be an effective top 6 centre. So is his defence good enough to become a solid two-way 3rd line C? That's something the Leafs will need down the line, and we have lots of depth on the wing.

gdsmack267 10-26-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 416Leafer (Post 55293983)
What's Luke Adam like defensively? And what do you think his ceiling is? He seems to have decent size, ok hands but probably not good enoguh to ever really be an effective top 6 centre. So is his defence good enough to become a solid two-way 3rd line C? That's something the Leafs will need down the line, and we have lots of depth on the wing.

Adam is a mess on the ice. He is slow and most of his shots get blocked making his wrist shot useless. His value is dropping fast and not improving so far this season.

struckbyaparkedcar 10-26-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkka (Post 55293945)
Pysyk to Detroit.

Nyquist/Tatar/Jurco.

We have too many decent Winger prospects and need a defenceman. Especially right-handed.

Pysyk is significantly better than all of them. If we have a season, I expect him to finish it in Buffalo. Defensemen with his level of skating and intelligence are incredibly valuable.

1972 10-26-2012 01:07 PM

no interest in moving Pysyk ir McNabb, really no point in moving Adam either.

Drew311 10-26-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar (Post 55298087)
Pysyk is significantly better than all of them. If we have a season, I expect him to finish it in Buffalo. Defensemen with his level of skating and intelligence are incredibly valuable.

Wow, you wouldn't trade Pysyk for Nyqvist? I don't think you'll be saying the same thing a couple years.

I've seen Nyquist play on multiple occasions, the kid is legit. I wouldn't go as far to say the Pysyk is "significantly" better. Also difficult to compare defenseman and wingers.

InfinityIggy 10-26-2012 04:02 PM

Nemisz for Pysyk?

Zippy316 10-26-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar (Post 55298087)

Judged off four or five AHL games?

Understandable if you want to keep him, but to say he's better than those guys is foolish. If you were to trade Pysyk, that is the return you would be getting, whether you like it or not.

lifeisruff 10-26-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdsmack267 (Post 55296639)
Adam is a mess on the ice. He is slow and most of his shots get blocked making his wrist shot useless. His value is dropping fast and not improving so far this season.

Of course the flip side is that he is a 6'4, former AHL rookie of the year, in a buy low situation.

tsujimoto74 10-26-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 55304113)
Judged off four or five AHL games?

Understandable if you want to keep him, but to say he's better than those guys is foolish. If you were to trade Pysyk, that is the return you would be getting, whether you like it or not.

How many Sabres fans do you see wanting to trade him? Because the only one I see is the OP and even then it looks like a thinly veiled effort to get rid of Adam.

JayRosehillforMVP 10-26-2012 05:34 PM

Kabanov?

is the answer jesus 10-26-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 55303011)
Wow, you wouldn't trade Pysyk for Nyqvist? I don't think you'll be saying the same thing a couple years.

I've seen Nyquist play on multiple occasions, the kid is legit. I wouldn't go as far to say the Pysyk is "significantly" better. Also difficult to compare defenseman and wingers.

Yeah as a sabres fan I'd be really tempted to do a Pysyk for Nyqvist swap. We could actually use a LW prospect with top line potential and Nyqvist fits that description.

416Leafer 10-26-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeisruff (Post 55305161)
Of course the flip side is that he is a 6'4, former AHL rookie of the year, in a buy low situation.

To be fair, looking at who's won the AHL Rookie of the year award in the past indicates that it doesn't really predict NHL success at all.

Since 2000, Purcell is the best player that's won it. Other NHL names being Gerbe, Ennis, Bourque, and O'Sullivan.

SupermanPahlsson 10-26-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 55291431)
Had the Ducks priorities not shifted over the summer, I'd say that we would be a good match here. Maybe it will start making sense again around the TDL.

Came in here to say the exact same thing.

lifeisruff 10-29-2012 12:05 AM

finally got a chance to look it over

I'd do Pysyk and Adam for Nyquist in a heart beat. Nyquist is exactly the type of multi-faceted winger, I've looking for to play alongside Armia, Foligno and our young centers.

Pysyk never really projects as anything special. And we would still have Myers, Sekera, McNabb, and Ehrhoff (not a young player, still signed until the end of time back at D.

DJN21 10-29-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeisruff (Post 55363787)
finally got a chance to look it over

I'd do Pysyk and Adam for Nyquist in a heart beat. Nyquist is exactly the type of multi-faceted winger, I've looking for to play alongside Armia, Foligno and our young centers.

Pysyk never really projects as anything special. And we would still have Myers, Sekera, McNabb, and Ehrhoff (not a young player, still signed until the end of time back at D.

If you have followed any amerk games in the wake of the lockout thus far you'd reconsider...Pysyk has looked like a man among boys...as a whole Brennan included(ik his point totals tell a different tale) he is the only defense man...playing defense lol.

I dont wanna take away from the value of Nyquist or Jurco both of whom I few as future 30-30 type guys at least...but to sell Pysyk so short is crazy let alone throwing in adam

DJN21 10-29-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson (Post 55307389)
Came in here to say the exact same thing.

I still thought Ryan and/or Getz made way too much sense before the lockout for a Sabres-Ducks swap...the frame work is definitely there...

is the answer jesus 10-29-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJN21 (Post 55364115)
If you have followed any amerk games in the wake of the lockout thus far you'd reconsider...Pysyk has looked like a man among boys...as a whole Brennan included(ik his point totals tell a different tale) he is the only defense man...playing defense lol.

I dont wanna take away from the value of Nyquist or Jurco both of whom I few as future 30-30 type guys at least...but to sell Pysyk so short is crazy let alone throwing in adam

Yeah agreed on Pysyk. The only reason I'd trade him is because of our organizational depth at defense and our need for a top LW prospect. Pysyk is a fantastic prospect.

struckbyaparkedcar 10-29-2012 01:42 PM

Do we even have organizational depth where Pysyk is going to slot in, though? He's the best defensive prospect in the pipeline by leaps and bounds, and Ruff still hasn't made up his mind on what he wants Myers to be. Going by last season, Regehr-Sekera will be the shutdown tandem, and depending on how Regehr ages/Myers progresses, that pairing might need fresh blood sooner rather than later.

struckbyaparkedcar 10-29-2012 01:45 PM

Also, Pysyk's upside is really freakin underrated. His skating was getting compared to Duncan Keith's before the draft. Even if he never puts it all together for a season like Keith did in 09-10, Mark still has the potential to log absurd minutes, shut down top competition and lead his team, and that's pretty much all he's done since being drafted.

Actually, his skating is even better than what I said. More than one comparison to Niedermayer after a quick google. That, with his above average IQ and willingness to play the body and take hits to make plays (even if he isn't a bruiser) is going to be a deadly combination. All of his detractors act like he isn't elite at things and it's just not true.