HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Phi/ sj (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1276107)

FlyerFire 10-26-2012 04:27 PM

Phi/ sj

What picks would the Sharks accept for either Petrecki or Doherty. Seems like some Shark fans feel they are a bust. Perhaps a change of scenery would do them wonders.Thoughts

CommanderShepard15 10-26-2012 04:44 PM

2nd rounders for either would be my guess.

FlyerFire 10-26-2012 04:48 PM

Well Holmgren loves trading seconds, but in this instance I would be fine for either. We need to take some chances on potential.I like some of the Flyers D prospects but not very confident in our ability to develop them

TheJuxtaposer 10-26-2012 05:08 PM

I'd take a second for either. Petrecki could turn it around, but as of right now he's a 23 year old defensive defenseman who's not an AHL standout. Might be worth a flyer (pardon the pun). Doherty, I have a little more hope for, but considering our glut of bottom-pairing defensive prospects, I'd sooner have a pick.

DuckEatinShark 10-26-2012 06:10 PM

I'm willing to give both of these players one more year. If Douglas Murray gets traded either one of these players should see some time in the NHL. I'm just against trading prospects away before they see time in the big leagues.

If not, a 2nd is better than nothing I suppose.

WTFetus 10-26-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 55307277)
If Douglas Murray gets traded either one of these players should see some time in the NHL.

Worcester has other defenseman that deserve the call-up more (Irwin, Pelech, Acolatse).
As for the trade, at this point, I think I'd rather hold onto them for at least another season. Philly's 2nd is going to be late 50s anyway. Chances of that draft pick leading to anything substantial is pretty low.

matt trick 10-26-2012 08:23 PM

I like to swap them for similar center prospects. It would be pretty disappointing if we wouldn't get a Jim Vandermeer type 6/7 out of Petrecki. I don't think he will never make the nhl. He does some nice attributes.

The Flin Flon Bomber 10-27-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt trick (Post 55310745)
I like to swap them for similar center prospects. It would be pretty disappointing if we wouldn't get a Jim Vandermeer type 6/7 out of Petrecki. I don't think he will never make the nhl. He does some nice attributes.

I'm wary of players in the AHL being described as a defensive defenseman. But having never seen him play, does he have attributes that can be developed on the offensive side like the ability to move the puck out into the neutral zone or a decent outlet pass or something like that.

Cause the Flyers have a string of AHL defenseman ready to make the jump in the next few years that would be ahead of him if he has no ability to contribute offensively in some way. They're stacked with an abundance of bottom pairing type d-man. Its the top pairing D that needs to be addressed.

I would be wary of parting with a high draft pick (2nd or 3rd) for someone who can't be projected to anymore that AHL/6-7th tweener.

Again, haven't seen him play so I have no idea what his attributes are beyond what has been said in this thread.