HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Business of Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Conspiracy Theory (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1276121)

CommanderShepard15 10-26-2012 05:56 PM

Conspiracy Theory

Bettman may be one sneaky *******.

Re. The Phoenix Coyotes.

Would Bettman have had the balls, and the foresight to actually have made a smart decision regarding the coyotes.

Could it be he saved them time and time again, for the sole purpose of this lockout?

The Pheonix Coyotes routinely lose 25m+ a year. This decreases the total amount of HRR does it not? Especially compared to what a Quebec City team could rake in. This is likely a 40m swing.

By lowering the HRR he is making it seem as though the owners are getting less money and need a higher % of the HRR to break even. However i see it as very likely that the only reason he's fought touth and nail to save them is so that when the players and owners are at 50/50 the Coyotes move and the owners make alot more then they would of pre lockout.

To me the 4 conferance alignment was a dead giveaway. He purposely left two conferances short. And with the rumours of a Seattle team and a 2nd Toronto team, that means theyd be 1 to many west teams. Boom Phoenix to Quebec. Boom. Even.
Also waiting post lockout to expand to these cities rakes in alot more money for the owners.

tl;dr : bettman saved the coyotes prelockout only to move them postlockout to get the owners more money.

ITS A CONSPIRACY :nod:

Diamondillium 10-26-2012 05:59 PM

Actually, since I feel like being a *****, if it is a plan by Bettman alone, then it would not be a conspiracy as that requires two or more people conspiring against a third party.

*runs away*

CoyoteUgly 10-26-2012 06:03 PM

yep, here we go......again

Human Bean 10-26-2012 06:03 PM

That's why GB gets paid the big bucks.

PierreMcGuire* 10-26-2012 06:05 PM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...uAcb0uYPT12L5-

Killion 10-26-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug (Post 55305755)
ITS A CONSPIRACY :nod:

... I'm afraid not. Twice, in the spring of 2010 & again in 2011 the Coyotes were on the verge of being sold to TNSE & moved to Winnipeg; literally within minutes. Had the City of Glendale not agreed to pay the NHL $25M per season in "Arena Management Fee's" no way does that team stay in Arizona owner-less, the NHL taking the full hit in losses. I love a good Conspiracy Theory, but Im afraid your barking up the wrong tree with this one. :shakehead

MarkhamNHL 10-26-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23 17 23 (Post 55305909)

he'd make a great commish...

isles31 10-26-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkhamNHL (Post 55306021)
he'd make a great commish...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ory_poster.jpg

better than this combo?

Diamondillium 10-26-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isles31 (Post 55306187)

In that picture, Mel Gibson looks a scary amount like Nicholas Cage.

DayoftheGreek 10-26-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamondillium (Post 55305789)
Actually, since I feel like being a *****, if it is a plan by Bettman alone, then it would not be a conspiracy as that requires two or more people conspiring against a third party.

*runs away*

To continue being a *****, he said "conspiracy theory" not just a plain old legal conspiracy. If you will forgive me for quoting Wikipedia:

Quote:

A conspiracy theory explains an event as being the result of an alleged plot by a covert group or organization or, more broadly, the idea that important political, social or economic events are the products of secret plots that are largely unknown to the general public.
Sounds about right to me, the broad part anyway.

Diamondillium 10-26-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek (Post 55306389)
To continue being a *****, he said "conspiracy theory" not just a plain old legal conspiracy. If you will forgive me for quoting Wikipedia:

Sounds about right to me, the broad part anyway.

You win this round, but I'll be back!

DayoftheGreek 10-26-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamondillium (Post 55306557)
You win this round, but I'll be back!

Haha!

Semantics-man wins again!

Confucius 10-26-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isles31 (Post 55306187)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qLAIskTQXU...radmeltzer.jpg
I like this one.

Phelan 10-26-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamondillium (Post 55305789)

*runs away*

Gary Bettman........and ME!!!!

Buck Aki Berg 10-26-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

The Pheonix Coyotes routinely lose 25m+ a year. This decreases the total amount of HRR does it not? Especially compared to what a Quebec City team could rake in. This is likely a 40m swing.

So you're suggesting that Gary Bettman is forfeiting $3.3 billion dollars, in order to save $40 million?

Quote:

To me the 4 conferance alignment was a dead giveaway. He purposely left two conferances short.

By God, you're right! He could have simply put seven-and-a-half teams in each conference, but chose to intentionally make it eight in 2 divisions, and seven in the others.

Seriously tho, the league had unbalanced divisions from 1974 to 1992. It doesn't mean anything.

Quote:

And with the rumours of a Seattle team and a 2nd Toronto team, that means theyd be 1 to many west teams. Boom Phoenix to Quebec. Boom. Even.

Here's the problem: at this point you have 9 teams in the "Northeast" division (Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, Buffalo, Florida, Tampa, plus Toronto2 and Quebec), and only 7 teams in the "Southeast-but-not-Florida" division. Who's the unlucky one that's pulled from all its rivals kicking and screaming?

Holden Caulfield 10-26-2012 06:59 PM

Don't see anything productive here, outlandish thread. Closed.