HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Washington-Calgary (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1276363)

Caniac125330 10-27-2012 10:35 AM

Washington-Calgary

Not a fan of either team, just bored.
To Calgary: Brooks Laich
Filip Forsberg
Dmitry Orlov
2013 1st

To Wahinton:Jarome Iginla
More? Less?

ALI 10-27-2012 10:46 AM

Deal for the flames !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fedfed 10-27-2012 10:50 AM

Way to destroy the divisional rival. At this point, I wouldn't give more than Orlov and a second for Iginla (and I'd think about this one as well). See: Ribeiro traded for Eakin and a second.
What about this:
Iginla for
Stan Galiev
Third round 2013
Second round 2014 if Iginla re-signs

Caniac125330 10-27-2012 10:52 AM

Iginla is better than Ribiero perhaps I added a bit to much, but Cgy probably wouldnt move him without at least one young roster player, a 1st, and a top prospect coming back.

Ashasx 10-27-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedfed (Post 55319521)
Way to destroy the divisional rival. At this point, I wouldn't give more than Orlov and a second for Iginla (and I'd think about this one as well). See: Ribeiro traded for Eakin and a second.
What about this:
Iginla for
Stan Galiev
Third round 2013
Second round 2014 if Iginla re-signs

Yes, I'm sure the Flames are going to trade Iginla for what is essentially two 3rd round picks.

fedfed 10-27-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 55319591)
Yes, I'm sure the Flames are going to trade Iginla for what is essentially two 3rd round picks.

Stan Galiev was expected to go in the 2nd round and some even put him as a late first.
Pronman placed him over Holtby in the Caps rankings this summer. 29th in overall rankings. Of all Flames prospects only Bartschi is higher. Are you still sure?

thadd 10-27-2012 10:58 AM

In the OP Washington is giving up too much... while in the second proposal Washington is giving up too little. Find some middle ground there and I'm sure you'll be on your way to making a great proposal. :)

How about taking out Forsberg and Laich and add in a 2nd rounder and a conditional 1st the season after if Iggy resigns with Washington and another conditional 2nd if washington goes to the SC finals? Imagine Iggy and Ovechkin on a line? S-I-C-K.

Ashasx 10-27-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedfed (Post 55319657)
Stan Galiev was expected to go in the 2nd round and some even put him as a late first.
Pronman placed him over Holtby in the Caps rankings this summer. 29th in overall rankings. Of all Flames prospects only Bartschi is higher. Are you still sure?

Pronman vastly overrates Russians, as can be seen by his other rankings.

Galiev is not the player Flames are looking for in return for Iginla. Just think about it.

fedfed 10-27-2012 11:02 AM

Just a memo for anybody creating the Caps proposals.
We are not moving Kuznetsov just because he won't come until 2014.
We are not moving Alzner just because he barely has double digits in points and you think he is a bust.
We are not moving Laich for anything. Trading Laich we need to make sure that we find the long-term 2nd line winger solution.
We are not moving Filip Forsberg. This needs no explanation.

Phion Keneuf 10-27-2012 11:27 AM

Lol. Disgusting for Caps

Carlzner 10-27-2012 11:30 AM

I doubt GMGM wants to trade that much for Iginla... even if you take out Forsberg. Orlov is some delicious stuff.

LeHabsMan 10-27-2012 11:40 AM

Iginla is now 35. He was one of the best players in the NHL but now, he is barely a first liner. I am sure Washington would want Iggy on Ovie and Backstrom's wing but for Forsberg, Orlov, Laich and a 1st?

Forsberg was supposed to be a top 5 pick all year.
Orlov is the best of Washington's defensive prospects.
Laich is a leader and great 2-way player.
A first round pick in this years draft will definetely get you a great prospect.

I say WAY TOO MUCH!

Maybe Galiev, Laich and a 2nd round pick with a conditionel 3rd if Iginla signs. I may be giving a bit too little but I know Forsberg, Orlov and Kuznetsov are going nowhere.

fedfed 10-27-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 55319741)
Pronman vastly overrates Russians, as can be seen by his other rankings.

Galiev is not the player Flames are looking for in return for Iginla. Just think about it.

If it's clear that Iginla won't re-sign this summer, Calgary could take Galiev. Again, see Ribs.

Avs44 10-27-2012 11:41 AM

That is far to much from the Caps... Take out Forsberg at least

Flames rebuilder 10-27-2012 11:42 AM

Iggy will bring a solid return at the deadline, if he decides he wants a run at the cup. I could see even a biding war situation happening between 4 or 5 teams, in the right situation. Probably return at least a very good prospect and a late 1st at the very least. I really don't see him being moved tbh.

Ashasx 10-27-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedfed (Post 55320351)
If it's clear that Iginla won't re-sign this summer, Calgary could take Galiev. Again, see Ribs.

Do you think the Caps would be the only team bidding for his services? Do you think there is no other team out there willing to give more?

fedfed 10-27-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 55320597)
Do you think the Caps would be the only team bidding for his services? Do you think there is no other team out there willing to give more?

Yep, I think so, unless some GM is sure he'll re-up with his club. But looks like I'm way too high on the average NHL GM intelligence here.

txpd 10-27-2012 12:53 PM

when putting together a deal, its always good to consider what players on a given team are locked in for the long term. core. and...what players are excess.

iginla would be a rental. lets say he was traded at or near the trade deadline, which is realistic. what would a team give up for a 35 year old pending ufa?

i doubt seriously that a team would trade a core forward like brooks laich for a rental. orlov would be a top 6 defenseman on a entry level deal with top 4 expectations. fosberg and a 1st? i could see that. beyond that? not a chance.

worraps 10-27-2012 01:09 PM

If I'm the Flames I'd take that deal and run.

Of course George McPhee would be fired and would never get another job in hockey if he pulled the trigger.

fedfed 10-27-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd (Post 55321715)
when putting together a deal, its always good to consider what players on a given team are locked in for the long term. core. and...what players are excess.

iginla would be a rental. lets say he was traded at or near the trade deadline, which is realistic. what would a team give up for a 35 year old pending ufa?

i doubt seriously that a team would trade a core forward like brooks laich for a rental. orlov would be a top 6 defenseman on a entry level deal with top 4 expectations. fosberg and a 1st? i could see that. beyond that? not a chance.

Can't see Forsberg being moved. Top-20 prospects in all hockey are not moved for rentals.

Halpysback 10-27-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caniac125330 (Post 55319303)
Filip Forsberg
Dmitry Orlov
2013 1st

More? Less?

Ruutu
Faulk
Murphy
2013 1st

Do you trade that for Iginla?

FoppaForsberg* 10-27-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedfed (Post 55319751)
Just a memo for anybody creating the Caps proposals.
We are not moving Kuznetsov just because he won't come until 2014.
We are not moving Alzner just because he barely has double digits in points and you think he is a bust.
We are not moving Laich for anything. Trading Laich we need to make sure that we find the long-term 2nd line winger solution.
We are not moving Filip Forsberg. This needs no explanation.

Then you wouldn't get Iginla, gotta give to get.

rockinghockey 10-27-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caniac125330 (Post 55319303)
Filip Forsberg
Dmitry Orlov
2013 1st

More? Less?

Calgary would be stupid to turn that deal down, then they can trade away Kipper, Bouwmeester, and Tanguay and be on there way to a quick rebuild.

ESH 10-27-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup (Post 55320349)
Iginla is now 35. He was one of the best players in the NHL but now, he is barely a first liner. I am sure Washington would want Iggy on Ovie and Backstrom's wing but for Forsberg, Orlov, Laich and a 1st?

Forsberg was supposed to be a top 5 pick all year.
Orlov is the best of Washington's defensive prospects.
Laich is a leader and great 2-way player.
A first round pick in this years draft will definetely get you a great prospect.

I say WAY TOO MUCH!

Maybe Galiev, Laich and a 2nd round pick with a conditionel 3rd if Iginla signs. I may be giving a bit too little but I know Forsberg, Orlov and Kuznetsov are going nowhere.

...what.

I agree that it is way too much from Washington though.

Ashasx 10-27-2012 02:02 PM

Iginla apparently plays on a crap team with crap teammates, always puts up 30+ goals, but is apparently not a first liner.