HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Business of Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Suter Calls Out Leipold re: Contract Roll Backs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1276373)

kypredsfan 10-27-2012 12:10 PM

Suter Calls Out Leipold re: Contract Roll Backs

How convenient: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...7617--nhl.html

**** off Suter. It's because players like you were all about going for the payday that helped cause this mess.

MOD: Article that's cited: http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/85...ntracts-afford

WarriorOfGandhi 10-27-2012 12:13 PM

How DARE a free agent cash in on his one-in-a-lifetime opportunity

Gobo 10-27-2012 12:15 PM

How is it **** off Suter...

Owners agreed to sign that contract too. Now theyre trying to get out of it. Not at all fair

Chris Hansen 10-27-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi (Post 55319911)
How DARE a free agent cash in on his one-in-a-lifetime opportunity

No one blames him for cashing in. We blame him for whining like a baby about lucrative contracts, given that he just signed one. He looks like an idiot.

Owners are of course at fault for offering him that, and he's a hypocrite for crying about it as if he doesn't like it :laugh:

Wingman77 10-27-2012 12:16 PM

It is not fair to the players because they signed the contracts which their owners agreed to and now their owners are now attempting to breach those contracts

However being upset over losing a few million dollars when you will already be making plenty of millions? Cry me a ****ing river

kypredsfan 10-27-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobo (Post 55319959)
How is it **** off Suter...

Owners agreed to sign that contract too. Now theyre trying to get out of it. Not at all fair

That's the problem. Both sides are to blame. I'm not too happy with the owners either but $uter can **** off like I said.

Looks like the 2 posts above me say it more clearly.

How about **** Craig Leipold as well? He went insane with the money or lack of apparently.

Colorado Avalanche 10-27-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman77 (Post 55319985)
It is not fair to the players because they signed the contracts which their owners agreed to and now their owners are now attempting to breach those contracts

However being upset over losing a few million dollars when you will already be making plenty of millions? Cry me a ****ing river

15% is more than few millions..

Volcanologist 10-27-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 55319867)

**** off Suter. It's because players like you were all about going for the payday that helped cause this mess.

Did you actually read the article?

TMI 10-27-2012 12:29 PM

Suter is surprised that Leipold might not have conducted business in good faith? What? Did he learn nothing in 2007? :facepalm:

I have no sympathy for any of them.

Wingman77 10-27-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche (Post 55320091)
15% is more than few millions..

Excuse me Mr. Larry, you go by the first name Literal if I recall?

Concept. A millionare being upset over losing money on a contract he signed that will pay him even more millions and if in the case that the contract eventually would not be honored, he would still be getting millions on a new contract - being upset over that?

Boo ****ing hoo

Butch 19 10-27-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

hmm, that's odd, your link took me to the Onion.

iiuh 10-27-2012 12:38 PM

Lol at all the people going "**** off Suter", when has every right to be upset here. It doesn't matter if its for millions of dollars or just 1 dollar a contract is a contract. I don't see how anyone can be hating on Suter here just because he's still making money despite being screwed out of potentially millions of dollars.

Rabid Husky 10-27-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

I doubt you are saying **** off Suter if he had signed that deal to stay in Nashville.
He has every right to complain that a contract he signed may not be fulfilled by the Owners once a new CBA is put in place. Dollar amount isn't the problem here, honoring the contract is the issue.

Hynh 10-27-2012 12:51 PM

The NHL is legally obligated to spend 57% of revenues on salary. These big contracts do not affect that. All Suter's big contract did was suck money from other players.

TheGoalJudge 10-27-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman77 (Post 55320207)
Excuse me Mr. Larry, you go by the first name Literal if I recall?

Concept. A millionare being upset over losing money on a contract he signed that will pay him even more millions and if in the case that the contract eventually would not be honored, he would still be getting millions on a new contract - being upset over that?

Boo ****ing hoo

So where do you draw the line if you let the owners change the terms after they sign it? When does Suter get to complain?

You realize if they let the owners do it once they're more likely to do it again or do something worse.

craigcaulks* 10-27-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iiuh (Post 55320325)
Lol at all the people going "**** off Suter", when has every right to be upset here. It doesn't matter if its for millions of dollars or just 1 dollar a contract is a contract. I don't see how anyone can be hating on Suter here just because he's still making money despite being screwed out of potentially millions of dollars.

Maybe he should have waited to sign until AFTER a new CBA was put in. Of course he may have missed the massive signing bonus.

Even the casual fan knew labour strife was coming, this is another case of an idiot hockey player talking about something other than hockey and failing. We get a good dose of that here too.

Freudian 10-27-2012 01:07 PM

I don't know why Suter and Parise are whining. They knew this was coming and that is why they negotiated for a giant signing bonus. How can they complain about the owners not negotiating in good faith when you cash in $10M without possibly having to play a single game?

dubey 10-27-2012 01:12 PM

Nothing wrong with what Suter said

If owners can't afford signing contracts that large, they shouldn't have signed them.

Shoalzie 10-27-2012 01:12 PM

A tip to players not involved in the CBA talks...shut up and wait until it's okay to get back on the ice. We love hockey players mostly because they keep their mouths shut and just play the game.

Wingman77 10-27-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge (Post 55320573)
So where do you draw the line if you let the owners change the terms after they sign it? When does Suter get to complain?

You realize if they let the owners do it once they're more likely to do it again or do something worse.

I mentioned in a post earlier in this thread, it is not right that a contract can be changed after it has already been agreed upon and signed and I can't blame Suter for complaining, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that such a big deal is being made by Suter and other players about losing money when they already have plenty and that they knew what potentially was ahead for them after signing knowingly ridiculous contracts

That goes along perfectly though with the rest of the lockout and its silly issues of not being able to split billions of dollars from both sides

Stansfield* 10-27-2012 01:19 PM

None of us would turn down a $98 million contract either, no matter how unethical we thought it was.

Jerzey Devil 10-27-2012 01:25 PM

It's not fair of the owners or the league to try to change contracts that were already signed. They should have to honor all contracts that are already in tact.

That being said it does bring a slight smile to my face that his relationship with his new owner is off to a bad start.

Saving Greiss 10-27-2012 01:28 PM

#RyanSuterProblems?

Freudian 10-27-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerzey Devil (Post 55321095)
It's not fair of the owners or the league to try to change contracts that were already signed. They should have to honor all contracts that are already in tact.

That being said it does bring a slight smile to my face that his relationship with his new owner is off to a bad start.

No contract was guaranteed in absolute $ value. It was that way during the last CBA and it will be that way in the coming CBA. All contracts are regulated by a CBA. Suter should know this already, or his agent is incompetent.

rt 10-27-2012 01:33 PM

Was Ryan Suter unaware that the collective bargaining agreement that he negotiated his contract under the parameters of was set to expire? Sounds like he should be upset with his agent, not his owner.

What a ****ing moron.