HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT Super Storm Montreal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1276377)

Rbk 10-27-2012 11:16 AM

OT Super Storm Montreal
 
http://www.globalmontreal.com/super-...88381481237582


Super-storm' heading to Canada's East Coast just in time for Halloween
Halifax and Montreal likely to feel the brunt


Montreal feeling the effects

Anthony Farnell predicts that Montreal could get anywhere from 50-75 mm with amounts across southern Ontario including Toronto averaging closer to 100 mm.

Winds across both Quebec and Ontario will also likely gust over tropical storm force for at least a day or two.

Both private and federal meteorologists are calling this a storm that will likely go down in the history books.

ThaDevilGirl 10-27-2012 11:41 AM

This is getting out of hand.

Avim86 10-27-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 55320369)
This is getting out of hand.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Wn-BvXUzXx...95a7727154.jpg

LeMAD 10-27-2012 12:35 PM

Meteomedia predicts about 10mm total for the whole week...

Team_Spirit 10-27-2012 12:35 PM

Sweet i won't have to pick up leaves. /homer simpson

Marc the Habs Fan 10-27-2012 12:38 PM

I expect this thing ends up being nowhere near as dangerous as it is hyped out to be.

ThaDevilGirl 10-27-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 55321415)
I expect this thing ends up being nowhere near as dangerous as it is hyped out to be.

For Quebec? Not at all. Ontario might have it a bit worse. For the US East Coast? It's going to be bad.

LeHab 10-27-2012 01:36 PM

December 21 is still two months away...

Myron Gaines* 10-27-2012 01:58 PM

My body is ready.

domdo345 10-27-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myron Gaines (Post 55322895)
My body is ready.

angus is peppered?

Marc the Habs Fan 10-27-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 55322225)
For Quebec? Not at all. Ontario might have it a bit worse. For the US East Coast? It's going to be bad.

Yeah, I meant for Quebec.

ThaDevilGirl 10-27-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 55323431)
Yeah, I meant for Quebec.

It will be a ****** couple of days. Windy with strong gusts and some rain. Also high waters in Quebec City with strong N-E winds in the St-Lawrence river.

Clumsyhab 10-27-2012 02:42 PM

I survived the terrible earthquake 3 weeks ago, I will survive this super storm!

http://www.conneriesqc.com/wp-conten...d9f8d98fd1.jpg

swimmer77 10-27-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 55321415)
I expect this thing ends up being nowhere near as dangerous as it is hyped out to be.

From someone who lives in Pennsylvania, I hope to heck you are right.

ThaDevilGirl 10-27-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimmer77 (Post 55324233)
From someone who lives in Pennsylvania, I hope to heck you are right.

Oh, no. You are screwed. Sorry.

The Russian General 10-27-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 55324485)
Oh, no. You are screwed. Sorry.

Wow what a dick you are :sarcasm:

swimmer77 10-27-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 55324485)
Oh, no. You are screwed. Sorry.

Whatever happens, happens I guess.

ThaDevilGirl 10-27-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimmer77 (Post 55324917)
Whatever happens, happens I guess.

I'm no expert (yet). Seems like the HPC has PA for 3-5 inches of precip for the next few days. Western PA could even see some snow. I still think the most impressive thing about Sandy is it's windfield. Its central pressure is forecasted to be so deep gusts above 60 mph won't be rare. Once Sandy lands the storm will weaken quickly.

As long as you're not in a valley of some sorts. That would suck.

EDIT: If you're worried or simply interested in the events, I suggest you to read this http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/show.html. He's a pretty good meteorologist and somewhere he's talking about the expected rainfalls and impacts of Sandy.

montreal 10-27-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimmer77 (Post 55324233)
From someone who lives in Pennsylvania, I hope to heck you are right.

I'm in souteastern PA, just outside of south philly. Looks like it's going to rain a little. :snide:

poetryinmotion 10-27-2012 04:27 PM

Well the world is supposed to end soon anyway. :help:

Adamcrazy3 10-27-2012 04:41 PM

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/807...dymontreal.png

swimmer77 10-27-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 55325087)
I'm no expert (yet). Seems like the HPC has PA for 3-5 inches of precip for the next few days. Western PA could even see some snow. I still think the most impressive thing about Sandy is it's windfield. Its central pressure is forecasted to be so deep gusts above 60 mph won't be rare. Once Sandy lands the storm will weaken quickly.

As long as you're not in a valley of some sorts. That would suck.

EDIT: If you're worried or simply interested in the events, I suggest you to read this http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/show.html. He's a pretty good meteorologist and somewhere he's talking about the expected rainfalls and impacts of Sandy.

Lower Susquehanna Valley

And that's what caught my eye in the link you posted. Interesting stuff about the Susquehanna Valley. Last year we had the rain without much wind. A lot of banks are eroded so I don't how much rain it will take to go over the banks again. The wind is going to be a whole other story. Again erosion and moist soils have left trees exposed. We don't have a good combination ATM. LOL

Edited to add............thanks for the link..........it's an interesting blog.

ThaDevilGirl 10-27-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimmer77 (Post 55327717)
Lower Susquehanna Valley

And that's what caught my eye in the link you posted. Interesting stuff about the Susquehanna Valley. Last year we had the rain without much wind. A lot of banks are eroded so I don't how much rain it will take to go over the banks again. The wind is going to be a whole other story. Again erosion and moist soils have left trees exposed. We don't have a good combination ATM. LOL

Edited to add............thanks for the link..........it's an interesting blog.

Irene was terrible. I hope you guys don't get hit as hard with this one.

Most importantly, stay safe.

Bobo420 10-27-2012 11:04 PM

We're ready in Moncton. :)

PyrettaBlaze* 10-27-2012 11:45 PM

There was a 7.7 earthquake near BC and it triggered a tsunami.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/27...-canada-coast/


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.