HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   OT: Is this what Kate Murray hopes for NVMC? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1276887)

LeapOnOver 10-28-2012 07:56 PM

Is this what Kate Murray hopes for NVMC?

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/1993521...assau-coliseum

The future of NVMC...Yeah Kate Murray plenty of things to do there besides hockey right?

Hipietro 10-28-2012 08:06 PM

I heard about this last night. I put much of the blame on the idiotic kids mixing drinks with other drugs and getting sick, but the Coliseum staff probably didn't help the situation much either.

The future of the Coliseum definitely does not look good at all.

bvon44 10-28-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hipietro (Post 55358163)
I heard about this last night. I put much of the blame on the idiotic kids mixing drinks with other drugs and getting sick, but the Coliseum staff probably didn't help the situation much either.

Yeah, heard about this too, anytime you mix alcohol and underage kids along with not bothering to check id's, that's going to create a problem.

Bert Marshall days 10-28-2012 09:34 PM

Good to see her "suburban way of life" preserved.

:P

A Pointed Stick 10-29-2012 12:12 AM

I hope they all puked in her daffodil garden. :yo:

CanseiDeSerBreakcore 10-29-2012 01:16 AM

As a fan of both the Islanders and electronic music, I couldn't help but have a chuckle at this. It's the epitome of "handled improperly."

Happy the Islanders get to move to greener pastures.

OlTimeHockey 10-29-2012 01:57 AM

HEY???? Who runs the Coliseum? Who gets the dates and approves the events? Nice JOB, Charles! Another business venture where people end up in jail!:handclap::handclap::handclap:

CanseiDeSerBreakcore 10-29-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey (Post 55366513)
HEY???? Who runs the Coliseum? Who gets the dates and approves the events? Nice JOB, Charles! Another business venture where people end up in jail!:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Not knocking your take on it at all, but speaking as an audio engineer, production manager and DJ, a lot of that stuff is WAY compartmentalized to the point where he easily could have known nothing about what they were trying to pull. :laugh:

I did an event in the Denver Coliseum about a year and a half ago - they had no clue what kind of event was happening in there, as there is a bit of distance between the guy handling the land and the people managing what happens there. Some booking agent is gonna get skinned alive for this, but Wang will likely shimmy out of it easily, as good or bad as that is.

Isles Fan 10-29-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hipietro (Post 55358163)

Ok, let's relax a bit. Same thing happened at an OAR concert at Jones beach two years ago and the theater is alive and well. Has zero bearing on the future of the building.

This will fall on the promoter and security staff which I believe is outsourced at NVMC.

Hipietro 10-29-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isles Fan (Post 55368261)
Ok, let's relax a bit. Same thing happened at an OAR concert at Jones beach two years ago and the theater is alive and well. Has zero bearing on the future of the building.

This will fall on the promoter and security staff which I believe is outsourced at NVMC.

Not sure what your point is. Even if this didn't happen the future of the building still doesn't look bright. This just added fuel to the fire in my opinion.

OlTimeHockey 10-29-2012 09:21 AM

Don't worry, Charles can still build in the vacant lot after he sells the team.

Isles72 10-29-2012 12:48 PM

does Wang still have ''first right of refusal'' with regards to what gets developed on the 77 acres until 2015 ?

OlTimeHockey 10-30-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isles72 (Post 55373001)
does Wang still have ''first right of refusal'' with regards to what gets developed on the 77 acres until 2015 ?

He does until 2015....the lease is still in effect.

hb6947 11-10-2012 07:46 AM

Wang should bring the SoundTigers to the Coli and keep the NYI training facility there. He could build the smaller convention/entertainment/business filled development without having to worry about meeting the size/financial needs that a pro team demanded. Your move Charlie.

stranger34 11-10-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb6947 (Post 55663641)
Wang should bring the SoundTigers to the Coli and keep the NYI training facility there. He could build the smaller convention/entertainment/business filled development without having to worry about meeting the size/financial needs that a pro team demanded. Your move Charlie.

I've been thinking the same thing but wondered how far fetched it is and if Wang just feels too burned and spiteful to consider it.

Drivefor5 11-10-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

This seems like a great idea, one I had not considered. It made me actually go check out it's feasability. The Sound Tigers have a lease with Webster Bank Arena until 2021.

From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_Bank_Arena

Bridgeport Sound Tigers

The Arena at Harbor Yard is home to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, a professional ice hockey team in the American Hockey League (AHL) and the AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders of the National Hockey League (NHL). The Sound Tigers joined the AHL and began play at the Arena in 2001. The franchise's lease at the Arena at Harbor Yards runs through the 2021 season.

Question:

-Could Nassau keep the Colisieum running until 2021?
-Could Nassau spruce up the Colisieum and or the suroundings by 2021?
-Would Charles go for such a Move in 2021?
-Would Charles even own the team(s) in 2021?
-If this all happend what kind of crowds would the Sound Tigers average?

A Pointed Stick 11-10-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

I give you props for trying to make lemonade out of lemons, but I don't think it would work. If the BSTs were located so far away that callups could be problem to the parent club then maybe you consider it, but Bridgeport is extremely close so that is not an issue.

Another issue is that you create a competitor for tickets from your own fan base considering the Brooklyn move. Fans on the edge of deciding if Brooklyn is worth the extra commute vs. seeing some version of hockey at the place they are comfortable going to already would be a bad move, particularly within the first 5 years of the shift to Brooklyn.

Lastly, if you are Chuck, why give Nassau ANY kind of money back after they screwed you so bad? I am no fan of Charlie after holding the roster hostage to the arena issue, but fully support him screwing Nassau back any way he can after what he has gone through.

Blackhawkswincup 11-10-2012 12:14 PM

Rave ,, In 2012?

Someone needs to tell these kids its not 2000 anymore

IslesNorway 11-11-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drivefor5 (Post 55666189)
This seems like a great idea, one I had not considered. It made me actually go check out it's feasability. The Sound Tigers have a lease with Webster Bank Arena until 2021.

From Wikipedia

Bridgeport Sound Tigers

The Arena at Harbor Yard is home to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, a professional ice hockey team in the American Hockey League (AHL) and the AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders of the National Hockey League (NHL). The Sound Tigers joined the AHL and began play at the Arena in 2001. The franchise's lease at the Arena at Harbor Yards runs through the 2021 season.

Question:

Ten years is a very long time in sports. If wang still owns the Isles and Tigers by then I don't think he'll make the move as it would be some real competition to the Isles. As long as the crowds in Bport are to their liking there's no reason to move the team, after all it's the AHL and profits are marginal at best anyway

Steve55 11-11-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick (Post 55666649)
I give you props for trying to make lemonade out of lemons, but I don't think it would work. If the BSTs were located so far away that callups could be problem to the parent club then maybe you consider it, but Bridgeport is extremely close so that is not an issue.

Another issue is that you create a competitor for tickets from your own fan base considering the Brooklyn move. Fans on the edge of deciding if Brooklyn is worth the extra commute vs. seeing some version of hockey at the place they are comfortable going to already would be a bad move, particularly within the first 5 years of the shift to Brooklyn.

Lastly, if you are Chuck, why give Nassau ANY kind of money back after they screwed you so bad? I am no fan of Charlie after holding the roster hostage to the arena issue, but fully support him screwing Nassau back any way he can after what he has gone through.

1. According to the Google map, it's only an hour and 25 minutes of driving from the Webster arena to Barclays.

2. I think Wang should NEVER give any cent back to Nassau in anything regarding the Islanders given how they have screwed him over in the last 10 years.

I really hope the Isles add Brooklyn and Queens to their logo and stay within the NYC side of Long Island beyond 2040.

OlTimeHockey 11-11-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve55 (Post 55686589)
1. According to the Google map, it's only an hour and 25 minutes of driving from the Webster arena to Barclays.

2. I think Wang should NEVER give any cent back to Nassau taxpayers and homeowners in anything regarding the Islanders given how they have screwed him over in the last 10 years.

I really hope the Isles add Brooklyn and Queens to their logo and stay within the NYC side of Long Island beyond 2040.

If I go to a Chevy dealership and offer $30k for a brand new Vette, then offer $30k again and say, "take it or leave it" and then offer to have someone else pay $35K for the thing I wish to own.......it's the dealership's fault.:yo:

Steve55 11-11-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey (Post 55691379)
If I go to a Chevy dealership and offer $30k for a brand new Vette, then offer $30k again and say, "take it or leave it" and then offer to have someone else pay $35K for the thing I wish to own.......it's the dealership's fault.:yo:

But you don't have an 8 figure payroll either.

åboriginal 11-11-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 55666861)
Rave ,, In 2012?

Someone needs to tell these kids its not 2000 anymore

cant talk, trippin.

Bert Marshall days 11-12-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drivefor5 (Post 55666189)

From Wikipedia

Bridgeport Sound Tigers

Question:

By 2021, the Coliseum will have been rubble many years prior and there will be a weed covered empty lot K Murray shrine to incredible incompetence in it's place.

OlTimeHockey 11-12-2012 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve55 (Post 55697777)
But you don't have an 8 figure payroll either.

I wanna buy a $1.5M house for $1.1M......add some zeros.