HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   We're getting a charity game too! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1277119)

irunthepeg 10-29-2012 01:55 PM

We're getting a charity game too!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408402

Tickets are supposed to be $20! After seeing the Chicago Champs for Charity game, I was hoping we could get something cool like this. PR stunt or not, never a bad thing to have more money raised for charities, especially children's charities.

Tintin's Ghost 10-29-2012 02:05 PM

Just posted the link in the Tracking Players thread. That's great to see and really smart of Ladd and Stuart. One charity game can go a long way back to make back lost goodwill caused by the alcohol-fuelled twitter rants of some of their peers.

Hope to see some pics posted in here if any of you folks go.

irunthepeg 10-29-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost (Post 55374733)
Just posted the link in the Tracking Players thread. That's great to see and really smart of Ladd and Stuart. One charity game can go a long way back to make back lost goodwill caused by the alcohol-fuelled twitter rants of some of their peers.

Hope to see some pics posted in here if any of you folks go.

Oh damn, I was checking some of the other threads like OT and looking for threads about this but saw none :laugh:

Definitely gonna see if some friends want to try and get tickets.

wpglax 10-30-2012 11:55 AM

no surprise, apparently the tickets are selling like hotcakes .. sold out in some locations already. BP Regent still had a decent amount when I was there, but I think they're going to go fast once lunch hits.

dhfromkw 10-30-2012 01:05 PM

Grabbed mine from Boston Pizza Cityplace. Should be a good time if they can get all the players they invited to participate.

Jet 10-30-2012 02:33 PM

Interesting side note and not for nothing, but Jets players using the MTS Iceplex really shows the good relationship that TN has with the players.

Love to see there won't be animosity between the two once the season starts (or next year). True North is building a pretty nice relationship with the players and that is only going to help us in the future.

Warhead77 10-30-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 55400585)
Interesting side note and not for nothing, but Jets players using the MTS Iceplex really shows the good relationship that TN has with the players.

Love to see there won't be animosity between the two once the season starts (or next year). True North is building a pretty nice relationship with the players and that is only going to help us in the future.

Don't be too sure about all that.

TNSE are not married to the players - they run the team, provide the players with what they need, etc.

But they are running a business and are there to make sure the Jets make a profit, are competitive and continue to be viable.

LadyJet26 10-30-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Jets (Post 55402581)
Don't be too sure about all that.

TNSE are not married to the players - they run the team, provide the players with what they need, etc.

But they are running a business and are there to make sure the Jets make a profit, are competitive and continue to be viable.

In order to thrive as a good business you still need to keep your employees happy...

garret9 10-30-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg (Post 55407693)
In order to thrive as a good business you still need to keep your employees happy...

Agreed! Isn't employee-employer a type of relationship even if it is short term?

Lomac 10-30-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 55400585)

They have to rent their own ice time, so it's not like True North is giving them free reign to use it during the lock out.

King Woodballs 10-30-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 55409969)
They have to rent their own ice time, so it's not like True North is giving them free reign to use it during the lock out.

Rented or not, true north is still letting them use it.
They could tell the players to piss off and skate sone where else

Tintin's Ghost 10-30-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 55410783)
Rented or not, true north is still letting them use it.
They could tell the players to piss off and skate sone where else

I lol'd.

Imagine the nightmare optics that would produce for the owners if TNSE told the players to piss off with raising money for charity.

Mathil8 10-30-2012 11:21 PM

Apparently kenaston BP still has some. Just picked up a couple.

Daynz 10-30-2012 11:45 PM

Ugh. The one time I'm too busy to check the boards for news. Can I get tickets by phone if some are still available? Doubtful but I'm going to try. Kenaston is extremely far and I don't have a car. Plus I have appointments scheduled out of the wazoo tomorrow. I'm so annoyed. The only affordable game I'd be able to see, lock out or no lock out. :rant:

Edit: I have two tickets held. I've never been to a hockey game. Any hockey game. :m-dance: <--- emoticon does not do justice.

Jet 10-31-2012 12:59 AM

My point about the ice time is this:

If True North wanted to be dicks they could just tell the players they can't use the Iceplex ice and facilities for the players. They not only allow them to use this stuff for the charity event, but as a matter of course. A bunch of NHL'ers (not all Jets) have been skating there since the lockout.

If the players wanted to sulk and felt sour towards TN, they could easily rent ice anywhere else in the city. There are plenty of free sheets of ice during the day.

The fact that there is an amicable relationship between the two at this time bodes well for us. I don't see an us vs. them mentality when it comes to True North specifically and the players, and to me, that is a good sign.

Jet 10-31-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daynz (Post 55413569)
Ugh. The one time I'm too busy to check the boards for news. Can I get tickets by phone if some are still available? Doubtful but I'm going to try. Kenaston is extremely far and I don't have a car. Plus I have appointments scheduled out of the wazoo tomorrow. I'm so annoyed. The only affordable game I'd be able to see, lock out or no lock out. :rant:

Edit: I have two tickets held. I've never been to a hockey game. Any hockey game. :m-dance: <--- emoticon does not do justice.

Good for you! You will have a great time :)

Daynz 10-31-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 55414573)
Good for you! You will have a great time :)

I'm so tired. I spent about a minute trying to remember how to like your post before I remembered that I'm not on facebook.

Mathil8 10-31-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 55414557)
My point about the ice time is this:

If True North wanted to be dicks they could just tell the players they can't use the Iceplex ice and facilities for the players. They not only allow them to use this stuff for the charity event, but as a matter of course. A bunch of NHL'ers (not all Jets) have been skating there since the lockout.

If the players wanted to sulk and felt sour towards TN, they could easily rent ice anywhere else in the city. There are plenty of free sheets of ice during the day.

The fact that there is an amicable relationship between the two at this time bodes well for us. I don't see an us vs. them mentality when it comes to True North specifically and the players, and to me, that is a good sign.

iirc, the charity event is at max bell on the u of m campus, not ice plex. Perhaps tnse said no to the ice plex, or the players decided to avoid the situation entirely.

JetsHomer 10-31-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathil8 (Post 55420555)
iirc, the charity event is at max bell on the u of m campus, not ice plex. Perhaps tnse said no to the ice plex, or the players decided to avoid the situation entirely.

Ladd said in his tweet that it's at Max Bell

wpglax 10-31-2012 02:32 PM

There are 2 events.

1 is at Max Bell on the 17th. ($20) - NHLPA vs Cops - NHLPA members TBA, surprises (according to rep dropping off tickets @ BP Regent), autograph alley
1 is at the IcePlex on the 24th. ($10) - Cops vs Firemen - 3 current Jets (Ladd, Stuart, ?)

YWGinYYZ 10-31-2012 02:52 PM

Snagged two tickets for the 17th. It'll be a hoot, I'm sure. Always love to see the "Beer League" types mix it up with NHL'ers. Can be quite fun. :laugh:

Jet 11-01-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathil8 (Post 55420555)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High (Post 55422023)
Ladd said in his tweet that it's at Max Bell

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpglax (Post 55423189)
There are 2 events.

1 is at Max Bell on the 17th. ($20) - NHLPA vs Cops - NHLPA members TBA, surprises (according to rep dropping off tickets @ BP Regent), autograph alley
1 is at the IcePlex on the 24th. ($10) - Cops vs Firemen - 3 current Jets (Ladd, Stuart, ?)

Yeah, it's 2 separate events. Regardless, NHLPA members have been skating at the Iceplex and using the player facilities since the lockout started.

wpglax 11-02-2012 11:14 AM

Anybody know which NHLPA members are skating at the IcePlex still? IC reported that Ladd, Miettinen, Little and Stuart were there today, but who else is around town that might be in this game? Did Olli and Zajac leave, or are they still here?

dhfromkw 11-08-2012 10:29 PM

Did anyone catch the line-up announcement on TSN 1290? There were a few surprises.

From what I remember:

Andrew Ladd, Mark Stuart, Jim Slater, Olli Jokinen, Tanner Glass, Colin Wilson, Chris Mason, Shea Weber, Jordan Tootoo, Jonathan Toews, Mike Richards, Ryan Garbutt, and Bryan Little.

Really glad I didn't wait to get tickets to this. It's sold out now.

allan5oh 11-08-2012 10:34 PM

Jokinens kids are in school locally, so I doubt he'd leave.