HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Ryan O'Reilly Vs Jaden Schwartz + Roman Polak (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1277429)

MajorPain 10-30-2012 12:06 PM

Ryan O'Reilly Vs Jaden Schwartz + Roman Polak

Not really looking at each team's needs...more trying to figure out if the value is there and if not, who needs to add and what?

SirPaste 10-30-2012 12:16 PM

Blues pass, I really like O Reilly but we dont need him, Id rather keep Schwartz's potential since scoring is one of our biggest needs. I also dont see us moving Polak without another physical dman coming back, he is perfect on the bottom pairing with Russell. Value seems pretty fair but the Blues would still pass. Not sure how Colorado fans would see this though.

SLAPSHOT723 10-30-2012 12:20 PM

I would think the value is there, but it probably won't go over well with each fan base.

struckbyaparkedcar 10-30-2012 12:28 PM

I know literally nothing of Schwartz, and have a giant man-crush on RO'R, so there's that...

Backes-R'OR 1-2 in a Hitchcock system would be ****ing absurd though. Also makes room for using Berglund as a centerpiece to fill whatever other holes are out there.

Christian Litscher 10-30-2012 12:29 PM

Considering the season O'Reilly had, the value is not even.

Lonewolfe2015 10-30-2012 12:34 PM

No chance as an Avs fan, value is irrelevant when discussing O'Reilly.

Ivan13 10-30-2012 12:40 PM

An easy no.

Razor29 10-30-2012 12:49 PM

Depending on the amount of money Radar is gonna get, no from Avs.

Randall Ritchey 10-30-2012 01:01 PM

Both sides say no, so the value is there for sure. Just doesn't fit other team needs.

Blanick 10-30-2012 01:12 PM

A little insight on the Blues players.

I think people look at Polak and see that he is the 3rd pairing RHD but you have to remember who he is behind. If Polak was left handed (a dream of many blues fans) he would be top pairing with Pietrangelo. He does his job quietly but very well.

While Schwartz is still unproven (hey two goals on his first two shots isn't bad) he still holds a lot of value since he is projected to be the replacement for Andy McDonald. Hell the only reason he was likely to start the season in Peoria is the logjam of wingers the Blues currently have.

With that being said I am a very big fan of O'Rielly and would love to see him on the Blues. I understand Avs fans love for this kid but from a Blues perspective we are giving up a very good veteran #2-3 (atleast talent wise) defenseman and kid who while unproven holds star potential. I think that potential is what would hold up this deal for me. Nobody knows what Schwartz will become but all signs point to a very strong NHLer.

It just isn't worth it for the Blues if you ask me. No offense Avs fans like I said earlier I am a big O'Rielly fan and fully expect to see some Selke nominations in his future.

Avs44 10-30-2012 01:14 PM

Would not even get a consideration from the Avs. Not close at all.

ManyIdeas 10-30-2012 01:25 PM

As far as current value goes, ror is ahead of both blues players, but if jaden pans out and polak stays consistently good(far better than a stereotypical 3rd pairing dman) I think it would tilt the value into stls favor.

Definitely not a knock on ror, great future for him.

MajorPain 10-30-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManyIdeas (Post 55398753)
As far as current value goes, ror is ahead of both blues players, but if jaden pans out and polak stays consistently good(far better than a stereotypical 3rd pairing dman) I think it would tilt the value into stls favor.

Definitely not a knock on ror, great future for him.

Just out of curiosity, what type of future do you see for Ryan O'Reilly production wise?

FoppaForsberg* 10-30-2012 02:15 PM

No from the Avs, it's a step backwards IMO. O'Reilly is already a proven guy who still has upside, while Schwartz is unproven on a 82 game NHL season.

Freudian 10-30-2012 02:38 PM

Avs could have the pint-sized line with Schwartz-Duchene-Olver.

The Shermanator 10-30-2012 02:43 PM

Probably a big no from Avs fans.

TheFactor 10-30-2012 03:18 PM

I'm sure Schwartz is gonna be a good player but O'reilly is just to important to the avs

Ceremony 10-30-2012 03:37 PM

No reason to trade O'Reilly.

Dolph Ziggler 10-30-2012 08:50 PM

Oh man.....I love RoR just about as much as any non Blues player in the league.

Think I probably say no but totally understand why Avs fans shoot it down immediately.

BrickAHL 10-30-2012 08:57 PM

The value is there but both teams say no considering their needs.

Chevrier 10-30-2012 09:15 PM

Agree with what most everyone said, O'Reilly is too solid and would seem a little funny to trade him now... another thing, I'm not a Blues fan by any stretch, but it seems that all their players are criminally underrated and seem to always be up for trade discussion lately. Then again, this could be stemming from a Pietrangelo trade proposal I had read earlier.

S E P H 10-30-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrickAHL (Post 55410149)
The value is there but both teams say no considering their needs.

Agreed, I would think long and hard about this deal.

Zandar 10-30-2012 10:56 PM

Jaden is a very good player but guys like Ryan win you cups.

Elever 10-30-2012 10:58 PM

You go with whomever you feel is the best player on either side.

Blues would rather keep Schwartz because they already have good 2-way players but don't currently have a 70+ healthy point producer which Schwartz might be.

Avs rather go with O'Reilly because he's the more proven of the two talents and it's an necessary risk.

letmesleep 10-30-2012 10:59 PM

This is actually a proposal I might pull the trigger on as a Blues fan. Haven't seen one of those in a while. I'll probably be pondering this one for days.