HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   WHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Trade: [VAN/EDM] David Musil to the Oil Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1277925)

hyster110 10-31-2012 04:49 PM

[VAN/EDM] David Musil to the Oil Kings
 
the oil kings have acquired Dman David Musil from the Vancouver giants for Mason Geertson and a 1st in 2013.

this is huge for the kings, imagine musil and lowe as a shut down pair, and when gernat gets back this d core will be a major piece of another deep playoff run

I am the Liquor 10-31-2012 05:06 PM

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/760779_o.gif

Circulartheory 10-31-2012 05:28 PM

Huge for the Giants as well.

Musil has been solid all year but the defense and goaltending overall has been quite bad...

Payton Lee only has played two games, but both he played quite solid for a 16 year old kid. It sounds like he won't be up for the entire year but he gives some hope for the future.

Getting that 1st round pick and and young Geertsen really helps that youth movement for the Giants because, lets be honest, they aren't looking too hot for this year...

Really like the gritty future for the Giants, Houck, Ast, Cooke and I'm assuming Geertsen is gritty too. If they can't score, at the very least, they'll piss the other team off :)

R S 10-31-2012 05:39 PM

This move falls right in line with what I'm expecting out of Vancouver...to start building toward a 2016 Memorial Cup hosting position.

Xav 10-31-2012 06:16 PM

Oil Kings really looking like theyre going hard huh

Circulartheory 10-31-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings (Post 55427235)
This move falls right in line with what I'm expecting out of Vancouver...to start building toward a 2016 Memorial Cup hosting position.

:thumbu: but still got a lot of work ahead of them. Excited to see them grow.

Hordichuk_24 11-01-2012 01:49 PM

Very pleased with the return from a Vancouver perspective. More than I expected. Musil has been disappointing over the last year or so. Maybe a change of scenery and playing in Oilers territory will help bring out the best in his game.

Royal Canuck 11-01-2012 03:55 PM

Wow, David Musil is a huge asset to any team let alone Edmonton. Might suck for my buddy Dysin Mayo, looks like he'll be the new 7th man.

The Zetterberg Era 11-01-2012 05:39 PM

Any chance Marek Tvrdon follows out the door as the Giants look to rebuild? The team is not very good and as a Wings fan I would like to see him get traded to another team. Wondering if that is something a lot of WHL fans see taking place?

Think it was a good move for both teams in this trade.

luongoisdaman 11-01-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 55447551)
Any chance Marek Tvrdon follows out the door as the Giants look to rebuild? The team is not very good and as a Wings fan I would like to see him get traded to another team. Wondering if that is something a lot of WHL fans see taking place?

Think it was a good move for both teams in this trade.

I really hope not. He's one of our few snipers that we have, and if he was dealt, that would truly signify that we're retooling/rebuilding for 2016. Maybe it would be in the team's best interest though.

Who really knows who is staying and who is going...

Hordichuk_24 11-01-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 55447551)
Any chance Marek Tvrdon follows out the door as the Giants look to rebuild? The team is not very good and as a Wings fan I would like to see him get traded to another team. Wondering if that is something a lot of WHL fans see taking place?

Very likely. But I would guess closer to the trade deadline. Tvrdon needs to continue scoring though. He is awful in just about every other aspect of the ice. So if he isn't putting up points his value is rather low.

R S 11-01-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Canuck (Post 55445147)
Wow, David Musil is a huge asset to any team let alone Edmonton. Might suck for my buddy Dysin Mayo, looks like he'll be the new 7th man.

He's a right-handed shot. That's a big plus considering how many lefties they have. I know a guy like Reinhart routinely plays the R side, but Mayo should still find minutes because of that alone.

R S 11-01-2012 11:28 PM

I wouldn't say 'very likely' to them trading Tvrdon. Yeah, it could happen, but his suitors would be limited considering he's a Euro.

Hordichuk_24 11-02-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings (Post 55455925)
I wouldn't say 'very likely' to them trading Tvrdon. Yeah, it could happen, but his suitors would be limited considering he's a Euro.

It is very likely from a Vancouver perspective. Yes, he will be more difficult to move because he is a euro but there are teams with open import slots. Not to mention Tvrdon would be an upgrade on most teams current euros. Especially for a team wanting a pure goal scorer and potential game breaker for a long playoff run.

IHaveNoCreativity 11-02-2012 05:50 PM

Wow stunner !

Vancouver haven't been great for awhile... Hopefully this gets them back on track in the future.

Rocko604 11-02-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 55471417)
Wow stunner !

Vancouver haven't been great for awhile... Hopefully this gets them back on track in the future.

This could be the first time they've missed the playoffs since their expansion season in 01/02 and first time they'll finish below 2nd in the division since 2005.

IHaveNoCreativity 11-03-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocko604 (Post 55471823)
This could be the first time they've missed the playoffs since their expansion season in 01/02 and first time they'll finish below 2nd in the division since 2005.

I know they're consistent, but they haven't been a real threat for the Mem Cup for awhile.

The Zetterberg Era 11-03-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24 (Post 55457007)
It is very likely from a Vancouver perspective. Yes, he will be more difficult to move because he is a euro but there are teams with open import slots. Not to mention Tvrdon would be an upgrade on most teams current euros. Especially for a team wanting a pure goal scorer and potential game breaker for a long playoff run.

Would think Portland makes a nice match. They have the Euro space and a big opening on the LW.

The Head Crusher 11-04-2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Canuck (Post 55445147)
Wow, David Musil is a huge asset to any team let alone Edmonton. Might suck for my buddy Dysin Mayo, looks like he'll be the new 7th man.

Injuries will happen and he will slide in. But such is the life of a WHL rookie.

Royal Canuck 11-04-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity (Post 55471417)
Wow stunner !

Vancouver haven't been great for awhile... Hopefully this gets them back on track in the future.

They're one of the most consistent teams in the WHL. They seem to find their way into the playoffs almost every year.

shello 11-04-2012 05:49 PM

Too bad I really liked Geersten in Edmonton but by those this ever make Edmonton better.

Hordichuk_24 11-05-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 55505409)
Would think Portland makes a nice match. They have the Euro space and a big opening on the LW.

I'm not sure Portland really needs Tvrdon. They have plenty of offensive fire power. But you never know. Calgary also has an open spot. Unless of course Rask does return at some point. It wouldn't surprise me if a team like Edmonton shows interest in Tvrdon. I know they have two euros but Tvrdon would certainly be an upgrade on Kulda.

Royal Canuck 11-05-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24 (Post 55535207)
I'm not sure Portland really needs Tvrdon. They have plenty of offensive fire power. But you never know. Calgary also has an open spot. Unless of course Rask does return at some point. It wouldn't surprise me if a team like Edmonton shows interest in Tvrdon. I know they have two euros but Tvrdon would certainly be an upgrade on Kulda.

Plus, who wouldn't want to go play for the reigning WHL Champions?

alko 11-05-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24 (Post 55447823)
He is awful in just about every other aspect of the ice...

Can you say more? we dont have any chance to see his games, so it would be nice, to read some deeper report.

Hordichuk_24 11-05-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Canuck (Post 55535425)
Plus, who wouldn't want to go play for the reigning WHL Champions?

I'm sure Tvrdon would love to. I just don't know how much interest Edmonton has. But I do think the Oil Kings could use more offense. And if put in the right situation Tvrdon would certainly bring that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alko
Can you say more? we dont have any chance to see his games, so it would be nice, to read some deeper report.

I'll try and say this as nicely as possible, as I don't dislike the kid but to say I'm frustrated with him would be putting it very lightly. Tvrdon can be money in the offensive zone. He has a great shot and a very quick release. But he doesn't fore check, he refuses to go into the corners and the term back check is not part of his vocabulary. He's also prone to taking stupid penalties, typically out of frustration at bad times (usually in the offensive zone).

Unless Tvrdon can learn to play without the puck I'm not convinced he'll be an NHL'er. Usually a coach like Don Hay doesn't put up with a player like Tvrdon not buying into his system but for whatever reason he seems to make an exception for Tvrdon.

Anyway I don't question his offensive abilities or his pure skill. But I do question his desire and work ethic. We'll have to wait and see what happens down the road.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.