HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Detroit - Vancouver (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1278067)

Hi-wayman 11-01-2012 12:24 AM

Detroit - Vancouver
 
To the Red Wings: Luongo, Maholtra
To the Canucks: Franzen, Sproul, Detroit's 2013 third round pick

HockeyFan100 11-01-2012 12:34 AM

I think Wings would want to keep Howard as their #1 goaltender. Franzen would be a nice addition to the Canucks, though. All in all this trade doesn't go in the right way for Detroit.

Zoidberg Jesus 11-01-2012 12:47 AM

Why would the Wings want another goalie?

LPH 11-01-2012 12:48 AM

No reason why Detroit goes after Luongo

I think we are done here

thadd 11-01-2012 01:01 AM

Need to switch Malholtra with a top 4 d-man IMO.

Seatoo 11-01-2012 01:05 AM

Ian White (Right hand shot OMG :yo::yo:)

No way Detroit moves a Dman of any value now though



How would Detroit fans feel about Raymond for Abdelkader?


Edit: I misread the last post...I thought they asked for DET to include a Dman...If you want a Dman from VAN you can have Ballard or Alberts lol

Minimalist* 11-01-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seatoo (Post 55435137)



How would Detroit fans feel about Raymond for Abdelkader?

Detroit isn't going to part ways with Abdelkader for anything short of a major overpayment. Raymond is not a major overpayment.

It would be nice though. I'd toss Raymond and a 2nd for him. Detroit would still turn that down though.

Seatoo 11-01-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minimalist (Post 55435271)
Detroit isn't going to part ways with Abdelkader for anything short of a major overpayment. Raymond is not a major overpayment.

It would be nice though. I'd toss Raymond and a 2nd for him. Detroit would still turn that down though.


Raymond + Sauve + 5th 2013 5th round pick

Vankiller Whale 11-01-2012 01:38 AM

Unless Detroit intends to trade Howard to the highest bidder, this makes no sense for them.

The Red Line 11-01-2012 01:39 AM

If the Wings are trading anyone, chances are a Dman is going to be coming back.

Vankiller Whale 11-01-2012 02:03 AM

To attempt to salvage it:

To Vancouver: Franzen, Det 1st

To Detroit: Gunnarsson, Macarthur, Luongo

To Toronto: Howard

Vancouver get's an aging forward on a lifetime contract for an aging goalie on a lifetime contract, with a late 1st added as the difference in calibre of the player. Detroit get's a decent replacement winger, a reliable defensive dman, and an upgrade in net. Toronto get's a goalie that isn't a different age than their core, or on a lifetime contract, etc.

bikesbikesbikes 11-01-2012 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seatoo (Post 55435299)
Raymond + Sauve + 5th 2013 5th round pick

:shakehead

Frankly Raymond for Abdelkader straight up is an overpayment by the Canucks. I'd prefer to keep him.

eklunds source 11-01-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikesbikesbikes (Post 55435645)
:shakehead

Frankly Raymond for Abdelkader straight up is an overpayment by the Canucks. I'd prefer to keep him.


If Raymond plays like he did up until his back injury, then yea, he's far more valuable than Abdelkader.

If Raymond plays like he did this year, I'll guarantee you he could be had for a song. He really struggled at both getting possession of the puck in his own end, ad keeping possession when attacking.

Hope he does get it back together.. He was fantastic until his injury and it's always ****** seeing anyone's career derailed by injury.

Tomas W 11-01-2012 05:41 AM

Edler would be more interesting. What DRW needs is a good or even better a great Defensemen. Although, having Luongo/Howard as a pairing would not be too shabby. Would be unlike DRW to spend that much cap space on goaltenders though.

Nyquist 11-01-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 55435437)
To attempt to salvage it:

To Vancouver: Franzen, Det 1st

To Detroit: Gunnarsson, Macarthur, Luongo

To Toronto: Howard

Vancouver get's an aging forward on a lifetime contract for an aging goalie on a lifetime contract, with a late 1st added as the difference in calibre of the player. Detroit get's a decent replacement winger, a reliable defensive dman, and an upgrade in net. Toronto get's a goalie that isn't a different age than their core, or on a lifetime contract, etc.

It's not an awful offer, but it's a pretty easy no from Detroit imo. Considering age and contract, I'd definitely prefer Howard over Luongo. Then we're trading Franzen and a 1st for Gunnarsson. If we're going to trade Franzen, we're going to need a better defenseman coming back.

Wolverine Wings 11-01-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 55435437)
To attempt to salvage it:

To Vancouver: Franzen, Det 1st

To Detroit: Gunnarsson, Macarthur, Luongo

To Toronto: Howard

VAN: Franzen, Det 3rd, Tor 2nd

DET: Gunnarsson, Macarthur, Tor 4th

TOR: Luongo

No way Detroit is going to move Luongo for Howard when Howard is a better goalie and not on a life-time deal.

Essentially, VAN gets to unload Luongo and for decent to good compensation but gets a 33 year old goal-scorer who is signed until he is 40 and some decent-to-good picks. Toronto finally gets a goalie who can play. And Detroit gets more peaces to try to figure out their current situation post-Lidstrom.

What I'm more interested in is what is VAN willing to give up for Edler?

DJOpus 11-01-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MGoBlue2 (Post 55436105)
No way Detroit is going to move Luongo for Howard when Howard is a better goalie and not on a life-time deal.

How on earth do you come to the conclusion that Howard is the better goalie than Luongo?

palindrom 11-01-2012 08:19 AM

When was the last time Detroit had an expensive goalie?

drmagg 11-01-2012 08:21 AM

No sense in this.

thadd 11-01-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MGoBlue2 (Post 55436105)
VAN: Franzen, Det 3rd, Tor 2nd

DET: Gunnarsson, Macarthur, Tor 4th

TOR: Luongo

No way Detroit is going to move Luongo for Howard when Howard is a better goalie and not on a life-time deal.

Essentially, VAN gets to unload Luongo and for decent to good compensation but gets a 33 year old goal-scorer who is signed until he is 40 and some decent-to-good picks. Toronto finally gets a goalie who can play. And Detroit gets more peaces to try to figure out their current situation post-Lidstrom.

What I'm more interested in is what is VAN willing to give up for Edler?

Detroit would without a doubt want a player of higher quality for Franzen.

At the same time, Vancouver would want more quality than that for Luongo.

thadd 11-01-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palindrom (Post 55436657)
When was the last time Detroit had an expensive goalie?

Before I was born. How much did Sawchuck make compared to other players back in his heydays???

TOGuy14 11-01-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-wayman (Post 55434819)
To the Red Wings: Luongo, Maholtra
To the Canucks: Franzen, Sproul, Detroit's 2013 third round pick

In nearly the same amount of starts, Howard was statistically better than Luongo last year, why would Detroit do this and take on that albatross contract?

Jimmy Howard: .920 SV% | 2.12 GAA | 6 SO
Roberto Luongo: .919 SV% | 2.41 GAA | 5 SO

palindrom 11-01-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOGuy14 (Post 55436793)
In nearly the same amount of starts, Howard was statistically better than Luongo last year, why would Detroit do this and take on that albatross contract?

Jimmy Howard: .920 SV% | 2.12 GAA | 6 SO
Roberto Luongo: .919 SV% | 2.41 GAA | 5 SO

Here is why:

To Vancouver: Howard + 2nd
To Detroit: Luongo, Edler, 1st

Would it convince Detroit fans ?

roboninja 11-01-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJOpus (Post 55436421)
How on earth do you come to the conclusion that Howard is the better goalie than Luongo?

I shake my head at it too. I guess the "Luongo is old & overrated" narrative is out in full force around here.

Vankiller Whale 11-01-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palindrom (Post 55436841)
Here is why:

To Vancouver: Howard + 2nd
To Detroit: Luongo, Edler, 1st

Would it convince Detroit fans ?

:facepalm:
And why on earth does Vancouver do this?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.