HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Finland (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Erik Karlsson (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1278093)

Nordic* 11-01-2012 06:08 AM

Erik Karlsson

I haven't gotten to see him in Jokerit, how has he been doing?

plaaplaa72 11-01-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 55436019)
I haven't gotten to see him in Jokerit, how has he been doing?

Pretty good i would say, he has 8 points in 12 games (3 goals, 5 assists, 16th in Defenceman Scoring) and is tied league-wide for 2nd spot in +/- with 3 others with +11. He has gotten a lot of responsibility with Powerplay and Penalty Kill time and is leading Jokerit in average ice time per game (25.25) and has the most shots in Jokerit with 91.

QnebO 11-01-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plaaplaa72 (Post 55437599)
Pretty good i would say, he has 8 points in 12 games (3 goals, 5 assists, 16th in Defenceman Scoring)

Has not played all games.

The Saw Is the Law 11-01-2012 05:56 PM

Last 6 games 1+1 and +3.

Total of 93 shots in 13 games. Three goals

ElHefe 11-02-2012 04:02 AM

He is doing fine and gets alot of ice-time.

mattihp 11-05-2012 06:59 AM

He looks wicked good. Same level as Vatanen last season imo.

Nordic* 11-11-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattihp (Post 55536369)
He looks wicked good. Same level as Vatanen last season imo.

This sentence makes no sense.

Does that mean that Vatanen will be a ppg-player and win the Norris in the NHL?

FiLe 11-11-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 55687325)
This sentence makes no sense.

Does that mean that Vatanen will be a ppg-player and win the Norris in the NHL?

No. It means that Vatanen was by far the best D-man in SM-liiga last season, and Karlsson has been as impressive now.

Whatever they'll be in the NHL is a whole another thing altogether.

Comprehension. Not so hard.

mattihp 11-11-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiLe (Post 55688187)

Appearantly it is.

Eidyia 11-13-2012 11:21 AM

He has been as awesome as expected. A true Professional in every sense.

Even though his points aren't mindblowing so far, the calmness he brings to the rest of the team is remarkable. Very likable person aswell!

And this comes from the lifelong hater of Jokerit, so no bias.

Eidyia 11-17-2012 03:35 PM

1+2 today, but still more and more critical opinions of him are being voiced in the media (and by the fans). Maybe because Jokerit are in the losing streak, maybe because Erik's magic has vanished after the first games.

Well he wouldn't be first player to get depressed in the dark, cold and wet Finnish autumn. He's Scandinavian though, so he should be used to that.

ChadS 11-18-2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eidyia (Post 55837349)
1+2 today, but still more and more critical opinions of him are being voiced in the media (and by the fans). Maybe because Jokerit are in the losing streak, maybe because Erik's magic has vanished after the first games.

Well he wouldn't be first player to get depressed in the dark, cold and wet Finnish autumn. He's Scandinavian though, so he should be used to that.

His icetime makes it impossible to not get tired and play without mistakes. Yesterday his icetime was 31.56 and it felt like he was on the ice all the time. He was still Jokerit's best player offensively but his defensive game suffers from this. I'm sure he's not competing 100% which I understand since he doesn't need to do that to be better than the others. Jokerit are also missing 2 of their key defencemen which puts more defensive responsibility on Karlsson. And he's not a defensive d-man.

sinettiseura 11-18-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadS (Post 55850693)
His icetime makes it impossible to not get tired and play without mistakes. Yesterday his icetime was 31.56 and it felt like he was on the ice all the time. He was still Jokerit's best player offensively but his defensive game suffers from this. I'm sure he's not competing 100% which I understand since he doesn't need to do that to be better than the others. Jokerit are also missing 2 of their key defencemen which puts more defensive responsibility on Karlsson. And he's not a defensive d-man.

This. You can see that he isn't playing with full intensity. He is toying around there. Hands down the best player on ice yesterday. He is just ridiculous with the puck. I think that it's hard to compete 100% when your opponents are much weaker than you...

Nordic* 11-22-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiLe (Post 55688187)
No. It means that Vatanen was by far the best D-man in SM-liiga last season, and Karlsson has been as impressive now.

Whatever they'll be in the NHL is a whole another thing altogether.

"Same level" means "as good", to me.

FiLe 11-22-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 55956119)

Yes. As good as Vatanen. In SM-liiga. Whether they'll be both as good in the NHL which is a whole different environment is, obviously, an issue we can't evaluate yet. Mostly because there is no known case of the best D-man in SM-liiga being awarded with the Norris Trophy at the end of the season. But if the lockout persists and carries on over Christmas, Karlsson definitely has a shot at the Pekka Rautakallio Trophy, which would likely make him at least half as good as Vatanen, since he's won it twice.

It's all there in the context. But no need to worry, it is perfectly human that sometimes we get a badly symptomatic tunnel vision and are simply unable to see it. A sad thing, but something we just have to live with. But if it really is a comprehension issue, just say the word, and we can try conveying the same message in other languages (with the approval of the mods, naturally). I'm personally capable of translating to Swedish, Klingon, Bat-signal and Bend-It-Out-Of-Iron-Wire.

Nordic* 11-23-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiLe (Post 55957895)
Yes. As good as Vatanen. In SM-liiga. Whether they'll be both as good in the NHL which is a whole different environment is, obviously, an issue we can't evaluate yet. Mostly because there is no known case of the best D-man in SM-liiga being awarded with the Norris Trophy at the end of the season. But if the lockout persists and carries on over Christmas, Karlsson definitely has a shot at the Pekka Rautakallio Trophy, which would likely make him at least half as good as Vatanen, since he's won it twice.

It's all there in the context. But no need to worry, it is perfectly human that sometimes we get a badly symptomatic tunnel vision and are simply unable to see it. A sad thing, but something we just have to live with. But if it really is a comprehension issue, just say the word, and we can try conveying the same message in other languages (with the approval of the mods, naturally). I'm personally capable of translating to Swedish, Klingon, Bat-signal and Bend-It-Out-Of-Iron-Wire.

I see you go straight to being condescending, when someone doesn't agree with you. Nice going.

FiLe 11-23-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 55983327)
I see you go straight to being condescending, when someone doesn't agree with you. Nice going.

And you don't seem to have noticed that there is nothing left to agree or disagree, given how the one who made the original statement pretty much confirmed right after me that my interpretation was spot on. I may have forgot my manners there for a second, and I apologize, but given how absurd the situation is, I think it's pretty human behavior.

mattihp: *makes a bit obscure statement*
Nordic: Does this mean this?
FiLe: No, it means this, I think.
mattihp: Yes, that is indeed what it means.
Nordic: No, it must mean this, because it's what I think it means. I reject the original meaning and substitute my own.

Nice going, indeed.

Oh, and by the way, even if Karlsson has sometimes appeared as he doesn't give it 100% all the time, he's still been nothing short of impressive.

The Saw Is the Law 11-23-2012 05:00 PM

He looks like an average dmen but damn he scores all the points! :laugh:

Nordic* 12-03-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiLe (Post 55985175)

mattihp: *makes a bit obscure statement*
Nordic: Does this mean this?
FiLe: No, it means this, I think.
mattihp: Yes, that is indeed what it means.
Nordic: No, it must mean this, because it's what I think it means. I reject the original meaning and substitute my own.

Nice going, indeed.

Hmm...

This is what I wrote: "Same level" means "as good", to me.", stating that I misinterpreted what you meant. I have no idea what brought this reaction and attitude on.

SphinX 12-05-2012 05:09 AM

Can someone please help me out?

I would really much like to buy a Karlsson Jokerit jersey that is the exact same quality as the one he is wearing. (With everything stitched)

Anyone?

QnebO 12-05-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SphinX (Post 56256295)
Can someone please help me out?

I would really much like to buy a Karlsson Jokerit jersey that is the exact same quality as the one he is wearing. (With everything stitched)

Anyone?

Its actually cheaper with the sponsors stitched on.

http://www.jokerit.com/shop/main.php?cat=7

Its the following product on down right, price seems to be 59€

PELIPAITA REPLICA NIMI+NUMERO

RUUTU,PULKKINEN,
FILPPULA,VÄÄNÄNEN, HARDT, TERÄVÄINEN

Seems like karlsson is not available at this time. Maybe you can post email to them and ask for it

jokerit@hartwall-areena.com

Omark 12-05-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 55956119)

I think Vatanen is better hockey player than Karlsson. I'm not sure if he adabt to NHL as good as Karlsson but on big ice Vatanen is definitely better hockey player.

Hzzz 12-05-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omark (Post 56258505)
I think Vatanen is better hockey player than Karlsson. I'm not sure if he adabt to NHL as good as Karlsson but on big ice Vatanen is definitely better hockey player.

:shakehead

Karlsson is just half motivated

SphinX 12-05-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QnebO (Post 56256891)
Its actually cheaper with the sponsors stitched on.

http://www.jokerit.com/shop/main.php?cat=7

Its the following product on down right, price seems to be 59€

PELIPAITA REPLICA NIMI+NUMERO

RUUTU,PULKKINEN,
FILPPULA,VÄÄNÄNEN, HARDT, TERÄVÄINEN

Seems like karlsson is not available at this time. Maybe you can post email to them and ask for it

jokerit@hartwall-areena.com

The one they advertise there is not the on i am refering to..

That one looks like it got everything included in the fabric like the cheap asias stuff is made. What im searching for is "sewn" real deal stuff that i usually pay around 200-250€ for..

Apriciate the help tho.. :-)

heksagon 12-05-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omark (Post 56258505)

I'm a huge Vatanen fan but I have to disagree with this. Vatanen has a lot of potential but it's hard to justify him being better than the recent Norris winner.