HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   GDT: Providence Bruins (vs) Worcester Sharks; 7:05 at the DDC Providence ; (11-2-12) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1278411)

BruinsHockey 11-01-2012 10:19 PM

Providence Bruins (vs) Worcester Sharks; 7:05 at the DDC Providence ; (11-2-12)
 
Providence Bruins (3) vs Worcester Sharks (2)
points in () are out of 8th place



The Bruins are 17-15-0 all time at home vs Worcester



Providence Bruins: (home record 0-2-0-0)

2-4-0-0 4pts. fifth in Atlantic Division.

Worcester Sharks: (away record 0-3-0-1)

2-4-0-1 5pts. fourth in Atlantic Division.




Providence Team Leaders:

Goals: Jordan Caron (4)
Assists: Chris Bourque (4)
Points: Max Sauve (5)
PIM: Bobby Robbins (26)
SOG: Craig Cunningham (17)
+/-: 2 tied at (+1)



Worcester Team Leaders:

Goals: Sebastian Stalberg (4)
Assists: 3 tied at (5)
Points: Tim Kennedy (8)
PIM: Matt Pelech (22)
SOG: Sebastian Stalberg (25)
+/-: Danny Grouix (+1)



Providence- Worcester:

13 | Goals | 20
20 | Goals Aganst | 27
6 | Power Play Goals | 7
6 | Power Play Goals Allowed | 6
84 |Penalty Minutes | 141



PP/PK Numbers:

Providence's home PP is: 0/10 and ranked 29
Providence's home PK was: 6/8 and ranked 23.

Worcester's away PP is: 3/7 and ranked 13
Worcester's away PK is: 11/15 and ranked 23




Providence's overall PP/PK Rankings is:

PP: 12th (6/29)
PK: 24th (18/24)



Providence's overall GF/GA Rankings:

GF: 2 way tie for 29th
GA: 5 way tie for 8th



Possible Goalie Matchups:

Providence:

Niklas Svedberg: 2-1-0 (record) 2.59 (gaa) 0.915 (save %) 0 (so)
Michael Hutchinson: 0-3-0 4.03 0.833 0

Worcester:

Alex Stalock: 2-2-0 3.23 0.881 0
Harri Sateri: 0-2-0 4.14 0.846 0





Referee(s) and Linesman

Referees- Chris Cozzan & Terry Koharski

Linesman- Jack Millea & Todd Whittemore







Other Atlantic Division Games:


Wilkes-Barre/Scranton @ Manchester

St. John's @ Portland




AHL/NHL Affilate
Providence- Boston
Worcester- San Jose

ODAAT 11-02-2012 07:12 AM

Knight back in the action tonight??

BruinsHockey 11-02-2012 07:24 AM

PROVIDENCE -- Providence Bruins rookie winger Jared Knight has reinjured his hamstring and is probably out until next week.

"He'll be out this week, most likely, and start again next week,'' said coach Bruce "Butch'' Cassidy after practice today.

Knight has missed the last four games. He practiced last week but was held out of the weekend's games because his hamstring was still tight, said Cassidy. He reinjured his leg in Monday's practice.

Trent Whitfield, who sat out on Saturday after suffering what Cassidy called an upper-body injury on Friday, also will not play this weekend.

"He got injured in front of the net. There was a play where there was a shot from the point, and he got tangled up with one of our guys and one of their guys,'' said Cassidy.

Whitfield missed part of last season while dealing with post-concussion symptoms.

DKH 11-02-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODAAT (Post 55459043)
Knight back in the action tonight??

he was cranking Monday but retweeked the hammy; should be ok- he is a house, however, I think he'll be ok; concerns he is so muscular but he has a good balance and will be fine- been working on his shot anyways ALOT.

Good to learn early in career patience and not overdoing it.

ODAAT 11-02-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKH (Post 55459861)
he was cranking Monday but retweeked the hammy; should be ok- he is a house, however, I think he'll be ok; concerns he is so muscular but he has a good balance and will be fine- been working on his shot anyways ALOT.

Good to learn early in career patience and not overdoing it.

sounds like me, so tightly wound being so muscular, always pulling a hammy;)

Thanks for the info

BruinsHockey 11-02-2012 12:13 PM

PROVIDENCE -- Mike Hutchinson, who got the hook after allowing four goals in 31:30 last Saturday in Hartford, starts tonight for the Providence Bruins against Worcester at the Dunkin Donuts Center.

Trent Whitfield (upper body) and Jared Knight (hamstring) won't play for Providence.

Healthy scratches are defensemen Ryan Button and Zach Trotman.

The lines at this morning's skate, from left to right:

Caron-Spooner-Bourque

Sauve-Camper-Cunningham

MacDermid-MacKinnon-Tardif

Florek-Hanson-Robins

WBC8 11-02-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsHockey (Post 55459119)
PROVIDENCE -- Providence Bruins rookie winger Jared Knight has reinjured his hamstring and is probably out until next week.

"He'll be out this week, most likely, and start again next week,'' said coach Bruce "Butch'' Cassidy after practice today.

Knight has missed the last four games. He practiced last week but was held out of the weekend's games because his hamstring was still tight, said Cassidy. He reinjured his leg in Monday's practice.

Trent Whitfield, who sat out on Saturday after suffering what Cassidy called an upper-body injury on Friday, also will not play this weekend.

"He got injured in front of the net. There was a play where there was a shot from the point, and he got tangled up with one of our guys and one of their guys,'' said Cassidy.

Whitfield missed part of last season while dealing with post-concussion symptoms.

Glad Knight has proven the injury prone label incorrect so early this year...;)

DoubleAAAA 11-02-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsHockey (Post 55463381)
PROVIDENCE -- Mike Hutchinson, who got the hook after allowing four goals in 31:30 last Saturday in Hartford, starts tonight for the Providence Bruins against Worcester at the Dunkin Donuts Center.

Trent Whitfield (upper body) and Jared Knight (hamstring) won't play for Providence.

Healthy scratches are defensemen Ryan Button and Zach Trotman.

The lines at this morning's skate, from left to right:

Caron-Spooner-Bourque

Sauve-Camper-Cunningham

MacDermid-MacKinnon-Tardif

Florek-Hanson-Robins

Looks like a stiff breeze could hem that 2nd line in their own zone. Need some muscle on that line.

MillerTime 86 11-02-2012 02:52 PM

Would like to see Trotman in for Cohen and Svedberg in for Hutch ...

This team needs to get something going, but icing both Cohen and Hutch makes it more of an uphill battle right out of the gate.

Tommy Cross has 8 points in 8 games in South Carolina ... Might be time for a look in Providence. Button and Cohen could both be sent to the Stingrays, IMO.

Montecristo 11-02-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA (Post 55467209)
Looks like a stiff breeze could hem that 2nd line in their own zone. Need some muscle on that line.

From what I've seen Cunningham is small but good in his own zone. I like camper and spooner switching spots I think sauve is creative enough to make his own chances and caron could benefit from spooners playmaking ability

Shaun 11-02-2012 03:46 PM

heres a potential stream link

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1504...ce-bruins.html

BruinsHockey 11-02-2012 05:52 PM

Worcester is going with Stalock.

slasher911 11-02-2012 06:26 PM

Providence down 1-0 already. Didn't see the goal, though.

roflstomper 11-02-2012 06:39 PM

Two 5 on 3 goals for Providence but Koharski only decides to allow one.

GoBs 11-02-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossfire (Post 55468757)

Link doesn't work, be careful of the pop ups you get too...

BruinsHockey 11-02-2012 07:05 PM

Worcester. Scores on the PP if your scoring at home the P-Bs. Have allowed a pp goal in every game.

Malt 11-02-2012 07:32 PM

I'm not watching tonight's game, but I see Hutch has let in his requisite 3 goals already...

I would not be shocked to see a few changes in personnel (both on the ice and on the bench) if the Baby Bs lose a few more in a row. With no end to the lockout in sight, there are a lot more eyes watching the farm team this year. There's no way PC can be happy with the results he's seen so far.

slasher911 11-02-2012 07:43 PM

Wow, Worcester should've had a shorthanded goal there. How many SH goals have they given up so far?

I don't understand why Providence's offense is so bad. They have the ability, but they don't do anything with it. It's all slow shots from the blue-line with no one in front of the net. And then when they do get a scoring chance, someone loses the puck and their defense gets absolutely burned going the other way.

TheBigZ 11-02-2012 07:46 PM

Hutch has been Awful. Plus Worcester but the post twice before the end of the second and both were awful shots. He looks so bad I don't get why they just don't start Svedberg at least he gives them a chance to win crowd here is also starting to get on him rightfully so

GarbageGoal 11-02-2012 07:49 PM

If the lockout doesn't end, this will be a looooooooong year.

TheBigZ 11-02-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slasher911 (Post 55474473)
Wow, Worcester should've had a shorthanded goal there. How many SH goals have they given up so far?

I don't understand why Providence's offense is so bad. They have the ability, but they don't do anything with it. It's all slow shots from the blue-line with no one in front of the net. And then when they do get a scoring chance, someone loses the puck and their defense gets absolutely burned going the other way.

There offense is so bad because they are so sloppy getting set up. They can't break out to save there lives And the in the o zone they are so timid with the puck 4 guys are getting ready to play d instead of driving the net it's just painful to watch.... They need a coaching change Cassidy just hasn't done anything with these guys same old sucky p bruins effort

slasher911 11-02-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigZ (Post 55474651)
There offense is so bad because they are so sloppy getting set up. They can't break out to save there lives And the in the o zone they are so timid with the puck 4 guys are getting ready to play d instead of driving the net it's just painful to watch.... They need a coaching change Cassidy just hasn't done anything with these guys same old sucky p bruins effort

They're not a physical team, either. Aside from MacDermid and Robins, none of them want to hit at all. They'd rather let the other team have the puck than get within 3 feet of the boards.

slasher911 11-02-2012 08:22 PM

Hey, Sauve scored on the PP.

slasher911 11-02-2012 09:34 PM

And with that loss, Providence has the worst record in the league.

bruinmann77 11-02-2012 10:40 PM

How long do they stay with the head coach. Make the move already.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.