HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: oilers and hawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1278533)

jumptheshark 11-02-2012 08:24 AM

oilers and hawks
 
Been awhile since I made a proposal. Since I spend so much time mocking and flaming other peoples bad proposals I think it is time for me to get raked over the coals

oilers give up


c Sam Gagner
F Paajarvi, Magnus
C Anton Lander
1st round pick in 2015

for

Dave Bolland
Brent Seabrook

xX Hot Fuss 11-02-2012 08:27 AM

Oh look, this thread

DKQ 11-02-2012 08:30 AM

inb4 Chicago fans' heads collective expolode

xX Hot Fuss 11-02-2012 08:36 AM

Chicago adds big time

jumptheshark 11-02-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 55459669)
Oh look, this thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn (Post 55459693)
inb4 Chicago fans' heads collective expolode

oh look

no contructive comments from you two

DKQ 11-02-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 55459815)
oh look

no contructive comments from you two

How's this:

Chicago is in no way interested in doing this deal for several reasons:

1. There biggest problem (aside from goaltending, which this trade in no way addresses) is a lack of depth down the middle. This trade adds Gagner, which is a good thing since he is offenisvely capable, but makes them lose Bolland, who is one of the most important players to Chicago's success due to his ability to shutdown opposing players. Having a hole at 2C is better for the Hawks than having a hole at 3C, due to the different roles and the fact that Chicago has a very strong top six aside from that missing 2C

2. Seabrook has been the best D on Chicago the last year or so and forms one half of the arguable best D-pairing in the NHL. Chicago already has trouble keeping the puck out of their own net, and removing their best shutdown D and not even receiving a D to replace him would be extremely foolish.

3. Aside from Gagner, the Hawks have no real interest in any of the pieces offered, especially not at the price you're asking. Paajarvi has good potential but the Hawks want to win now/soon. Lander is a piece with fairly low value that doesnt affect the trade too much, and the 1st, while a valuable piece to the right team, would not entice the Hawks to let their two most important defensive skaters go.

jumptheshark 11-02-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn (Post 55459917)
How's this:

Chicago is in no way interested in doing this deal for several reasons:

1. There biggest problem (aside from goaltending, which this trade in no way addresses) is a lack of depth down the middle. This trade adds Gagner, which is a good thing since he is offenisvely capable, but makes them lose Bolland, who is one of the most important players to Chicago's success due to his ability to shutdown opposing players. Having a hole at 2C is better for the Hawks than having a hole at 3C, due to the different roles and the fact that Chicago has a very strong top six aside from that missing 2C

2. Seabrook has been the best D on Chicago the last year or so and forms one half of the arguable best D-pairing in the NHL. Chicago already has trouble keeping the puck out of their own net, and removing their best shutdown D and not even receiving a D to replace him would be extremely foolish.

3. Aside from Gagner, the Hawks have no real interest in any of the pieces offered, especially not at the price you're asking. Paajarvi has good potential but the Hawks want to win now/soon. Lander is a piece with fairly low value that doesnt affect the trade too much, and the 1st, while a valuable piece to the right team, would not entice the Hawks to let their two most important defensive skaters go.

now was that too difficult

There was some speculation last season that Seabrook could be in play

mcphllp 11-02-2012 09:10 AM

A first rounder three years from now? Oilers give up very little and get back a lot.

This stinks.

DKQ 11-02-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 55460027)
now was that too difficult

There was some speculation last season that Seabrook could be in play

Seabrook is easily worth one of the big 4. If Edmonton wants him, one of the young guns is going the other way.

DisgruntledHawkFan 11-02-2012 09:15 AM

Wouldn't give up Seabrook alone for that package.

Oshie97 11-02-2012 09:21 AM

Horrible for the Hawks, Seabrook would get a better return if shopped around.

couture23 11-02-2012 09:22 AM

You wouldn't even get Seabrook for that package OP.

FishManSam 11-02-2012 09:42 AM

"Here you can have my garbage, all I want is a couple of diamonds"

salty justice 11-02-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couture23 (Post 55460317)
You wouldn't even get Seabrook for that package OP.

True story. This is a pretty horrible proposal. Bolland is not a toss in either.

Hawks just locked up Seabrook long term at a good price. He'll be a top 10 dman for the next 6 years, he isn't going anywhere. Hawks need to add on size and D, not subtract.

CupofOil 11-02-2012 09:49 AM

Jezz JTS, why did you have to post this crap deal on the main board? :shakehead

Sorry Hawks fans, not all Oiler fans think that this is a sane proposal.

zytz 11-02-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn (Post 55460199)
Seabrook is easily worth one of the big 4. If Edmonton wants him, one of the young guns is going the other way.

I don't even know if I'd give up Seabrook for any of the big 4 straight up. What do we need another blue chip top six forward for, when we already have 4 of our own? Seabs might be the second most important player on the team for the Hawks right now given the issues we have with GA.

Only thing I'm even partly interested in is Gagner, and not because I like him ( I don't ) , but because he would technically fill our 2C hole. So really his value to me is basically 'Anyone good enough to send Kruger back to Rockford for a year or two'. And even then, I'd really rather see Brandon Pirri get the call-up he deserves.

No thanks

zytz 11-02-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupofOil (Post 55460657)
Jezz JTS, why did you have to post this crap deal on the main board? :shakehead

Sorry Hawks fans, not all Oiler fans think that this is a sane proposal.

Actually if someone wouldn't mind sending out a memo to all Oilers fans, just say 'Gagner to CHI ain't happening' it would probably prevent at least 7 aneurysms over the course of the next year.

bleedblue1223 11-02-2012 10:02 AM

As a Blues fan, I approve of this. As someone who doesn't hate Chicago, this is horribad for them.

Jack de la Hoya 11-02-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 55459633)
Been awhile since I made a proposal. Since I spend so much time mocking and flaming other peoples bad proposals I think it is time for me to get raked over the coals

oilers give up


c Sam Gagner
F Paajarvi, Magnus
C Anton Lander
1st round pick in 2015

for

Dave Bolland
Brent Seabrook

I'm not sure, but this might be the first 2015 pick I've seen in a proposal (excepting multiple 1sts).

I love how, with Seabrook and Bolland, the OP still suspects that the Oilers would be a lottery team the next two years... :laugh:

The proposal is brutally bad. I can't really see Chicago moving Seabrook without getting one of the Big 4 back in return. If they were going to do so, the deal would have to include Klefbom + multiple other high-end assets.

TOGuy14 11-02-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 55459633)
Been awhile since I made a proposal. Since I spend so much time mocking and flaming other peoples bad proposals I think it is time for me to get raked over the coals

oilers give up


c Sam Gagner
F Paajarvi, Magnus
C Anton Lander
1st round pick in 2015

for

Dave Bolland
Brent Seabrook

I was laughing when I saw you wanted Dave Bolland for that package, when I saw Brent Seabrook I just assumed you forgot to put one of the big 4 in your proposal as well.

Mystifo 11-02-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 55460247)
Wouldn't give up Seabrook alone for that package.

The funny thing is I was reading it first and seen Bolland's name and went "Well that is pretty amazing value for Bolland" but then I saw Seabrook and I just laughed and laughed and laughed. But! The best part was when I realized that the first round pick was for 2015. THAT my friends is the definition of gravy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 55459815)
oh look

no contructive comments from you two

They seemed pretty constructive to me. They stated exactly how Chicago fans would feel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 55459633)
Been awhile since I made a proposal. Since I spend so much time mocking and flaming other peoples bad proposals I think it is time for me to get raked over the coals

oilers give up


c Sam Gagner
F Paajarvi, Magnus
C Anton Lander
1st round pick in 2015

for

Dave Bolland
Brent Seabrook

Maybe you should stick to flaming....

jumptheshark 11-02-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupofOil (Post 55460657)
Jezz JTS, why did you have to post this crap deal on the main board? :shakehead

Sorry Hawks fans, not all Oiler fans think that this is a sane proposal.

this is payback for the proposal you made previously

HockeyFan100 11-02-2012 11:39 AM

Steal for Chicago.

coldsteelonice84 11-02-2012 11:41 AM

http://www.halforums.com/xenforo/att...palm-gif.8740/

LPH 11-02-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 55461835)
this is payback for the proposal you made previously

seems like a legitimate reason to start a trade proposal....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.