HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Marlies GDT: Part 4|GM#12:Toronto @ Oklahoma City|13/11/2012|11:30AM|Stars that don't shine (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1278541)

mikebel111 11-02-2012 10:03 AM

Part 4|GM#12:Toronto @ Oklahoma City|13/11/2012|11:30AM|Stars that don't shine

frattin is our saviour

Mess 11-02-2012 11:30 AM

After 7 games Marlies expected top 3 scorers Aucion, Kadri and Colborne have yet to get on the scoreboard this season.

Hopefully this will change soon, as their offense if going to be required for Marlies to be competitive.

John-Eric Iannicello 11-02-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mess (Post 55461361)
After 7 games Marlies expected top 3 scorers Aucion, Kadri and Colborne have yet to get on the scoreboard this season.

Hopefully this will change soon, as their offense if going to be required for Marlies to be competitive.

I thought Colborne played well yesterday in terms of driving the play.

Hopefully he can keep it up as it will only benefit his game in the long run.

G51 K81* 11-02-2012 11:44 AM

Been saying it since the 1st Marlies game this year, Kadri looks EXACTLY the same as the previous 2 years. Do not see an improvement in any aspect of his game (shot, speed, defensive coverage). I think it is safe to say now, after 7 games, he may look even worse than previous years.

John-Eric Iannicello 11-02-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G51 K81 (Post 55461571)
Been saying it since the 1st Marlies game this year, Kadri looks EXACTLY the same as the previous 2 years. Do not see an improvement in any aspect of his game (shot, speed, defensive coverage). I think it is safe to say now, after 7 games, he may look even worse than previous years.

Nothing is safe to say after 7 games. Kadri's not the only one who looks out of sorts. Marlies need to bring a better team game consistency, on all fronts.

Many players don't look the way they did last year.

G51 K81* 11-02-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello (Post 55461641)
Nothing is safe to say after 7 games. Kadri's not the only one who looks out of sorts. Marlies need to bring a better team game consistency, on all fronts.

Many players don't look the way they did last year.

How is it not safe to say? I said based on the 7 games he has looked worse than prior years. Not saying Kadri is going to suck forever.

Yeah the rest of the team does also suck, but players that should be in the NHL (Gardiner) show why they deserve to be in the NHL.

John-Eric Iannicello 11-02-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G51 K81 (Post 55461775)
How is it not safe to say? I said based on the 7 games he has looked worse than prior years. Not saying Kadri is going to suck forever.

Yeah the rest of the team does also suck, but players that should be in the NHL (Gardiner) show why they deserve to be in the NHL.

And I'm saying you basing it off 7 games is too small of a sample size when the whole team is in a funk. Kadri has shown more offensive flair than many others, and he has shown good signs. Can he be better? Yes, certainly. No one IMO aside from Gardiner is really playing to their potential right now.

And Gardiner was also one of the best rookie defenseman in the league last year - there's no question he belongs in the NHL, and in a prominent role. I don't think just because Kadri isn't lighting the world on fire that he necessarily wouldn't fit into an NHL spot. Not a prominent one perhaps at this point, but I think he could find a role.

For the Marlies sake, let's hope a few of our better prospects step up offensively.

G51 K81* 11-02-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello (Post 55461933)
And I'm saying you basing it off 7 games is too small of a sample size when the whole team is in a funk. Kadri has shown more offensive flair than many others, and he has shown good signs. Can he be better? Yes, certainly. No one IMO aside from Gardiner is really playing to their potential right now.

And Gardiner was also one of the best rookie defenseman in the league last year - there's no question he belongs in the NHL, and in a prominent role. I don't think just because Kadri isn't lighting the world on fire that he necessarily wouldn't fit into an NHL spot. Not a prominent one perhaps at this point, but I think he could find a role.

For the Marlies sake, let's hope a few of our better prospects step up offensively.

Ever since he was drafted, Kadri has shown that he has offensive flare. He has been able to pull off spectacular plays but at the same time he makes complete bonehead plays. That was the part of his game he has to improve the most, but to be honest that part of his game is identical to when he was 18/19. I do not see one area where he has improved. He still makes great plays, he also makes awful plays. He still has below average skating, he is also knocked off the puck way too easily. He is lackluster defensively. Most people around here only acknowledge his great hands and great vision (which he does have), but there is still too many flaws in his game in my opinion.

John-Eric Iannicello 11-02-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G51 K81 (Post 55462113)
Ever since he was drafted, Kadri has shown that he has offensive flare. He has been able to pull off spectacular plays but at the same time he makes complete bonehead plays. That was the part of his game he has to improve the most, but to be honest that part of his game is identical to when he was 18/19. I do not see one area where he has improved. He still makes great plays, he also makes awful plays. He still has below average skating, he is also knocked off the puck way too easily. He is lackluster defensively. Most people around here only acknowledge his great hands and great vision (which he does have), but there is still too many flaws in his game in my opinion.

I'm not saying he's perfect. I'm also not expecting him to be something he's not. He has to be better - so do many others.

The bottom line I'm trying to make is you saying he hasn't looked good in 7 games so you think it's 'safe' to say he's worse than the last two seasons is, IMO, silly. It would be the same thing if he was lighting it up after 7 games and people said now he's fixed all his issues. It's the same thing I told people after game one - pump the brakes a bit on the over-hyping of players because they came out and dominated as a team.

G51 K81* 11-02-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello (Post 55462339)
I'm not saying he's perfect. I'm also not expecting him to be something he's not. He has to be better - so do many others.

The bottom line I'm trying to make is you saying he hasn't looked good in 7 games so you think it's 'safe' to say he's worse than the last two seasons is, IMO, silly. It would be the same thing if he was lighting it up after 7 games and people said now he's fixed all his issues. It's the same thing I told people after game one - pump the brakes a bit on the over-hyping of players because they came out and dominated as a team.

Most of the issues are not a result of a slump. They are not overnight fixes. Unless he goes on roids...

ErikP803 11-02-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G51 K81 (Post 55462995)
Most of the issues are not a result of a slump. They are not overnight fixes. Unless he goes on roids...

If they are not overnight fixes, then why can't people have patience and wait for more than 7 games to declare his progress this season to be lacking? Seems to me that he's getting the chances, just doesn't have the best puck luck right now, which should sort itself out soon and he'll start racking up the points.

On the subject of Colborne, anyone else notice him playing a bit more physical last night? Saw his throw a few nice hits and stand up for a teammate, good to see him using his size for more than just puck protection.

hockeygeek 11-02-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G51 K81 (Post 55462113)

I thought Kadri played a really good game last night. I think he's improved dramatically on his decision making and he made some really nifty dishes last night that went nowhere. Hopefully it starts to go in for him

mikebel111 11-02-2012 03:09 PM

kadri has improved alot from his first camp, turnovers are less now, he is stronger now, plus improved his decision making, he can be better, but he has been good, just snake bitten

mikebel111 11-02-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeygeek (Post 55465125)
I thought Kadri played a really good game last night. I think he's improved dramatically on his decision making and he made some really nifty dishes last night that went nowhere. Hopefully it starts to go in for him

he needs a goal, he is not a d liability, getting chances, just needs a goal, he might be frustrated, eakins thinks he is really improved, and pucks will go in for him, its a matter of time,

the people that are saying he has been bad are looking at stats,
he has only had one bad game

mikebel111 11-02-2012 03:15 PM

Clayton Hansler ‏@chansler
Coming into tonight's lineup is rookie tandem Brad Ross & Spencer Abbott. #Marlies

I love the changes, we need a spark on offence and need energy,

I really hope deschamps sits, he has been useless

TmlHockeyFan 11-02-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebel111 (Post 55466315)
Clayton Hansler ‏@chansler
Coming into tonight's lineup is rookie tandem Brad Ross & Spencer Abbott. #Marlies

I love the changes, we need a spark on offence and need energy,

I really hope deschamps sits, he has been useless

PLEASE be Deschamps benched.

mikebel111 11-02-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan (Post 55466353)

here comes FSP

G51 K81* 11-02-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan (Post 55466353)

this.

Also wish Devane got a chance, hopefully Ross impresses.

JVR2112 11-02-2012 03:26 PM

Yeah I want to see Devane. I think there were multiple chances for Colborne to drive the net but he just passed it off, same thing for Hamilton. Considering how big Colborne is, I don't get it. Devane would have went right through the defender.

hockeygeek 11-02-2012 03:41 PM

In Deschamps defense he created the Marlies best scoring chance last night by spliting the D with his speed. Unfortunately he put it right in the goalie's bread basket

Leaf Rocket 11-02-2012 04:42 PM

Just saw the highlights...we didn't really look anything special. Can't even believe this is the calder cup team, guess we still need to find out mojo

charliolemieux 11-02-2012 09:15 PM

Why is this not on TV anywere?

Leafs TV is showing reruns and RTV has local garbage.

Everlong 11-02-2012 09:44 PM

Jon Abbott ‏@HockeyAbbs

#MarliesLive update...Acton/Deschamps/Gysbers/Yeo/Scrivens all out of lineup. Ross,Abbott, Rynnas in..Owuya starts. 10pm on @TSN1050Radio

JVR2112 11-02-2012 09:44 PM

Jon Abbott ‏@HockeyAbbs
#MarliesLive update...Acton/Deschamps/Gysbers/Yeo/Scrivens all out of lineup. Ross,Abbott, Rynnas in..Owuya starts. 10pm on @TSN1050Radio

Owuya!!

Edit: beat to it lol

Leaf Rocket 11-02-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everlong (Post 55476093)
Jon Abbott ‏@HockeyAbbs

Knew it.